Texting, the destroyer of momentum

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just have to be careful how you are using other forms of communications it boils down to. You definitely dont want to get into a thing where you are going back and fourth texting about nonsense. You do want to be somewhat unavailable always. You don't want to get into a thing where you are emailing, fbooking, texting, calling, IMing the same girl. Too much connectivity can be catastrophic. And it's WAY to easy to misunderstand someone in writing. Misunderstandings will cause a loss in interest and you may never know why it happned.

I like to have one form of communication besides the phone and that's it. I hate to just call someone up and them not pick up, because then you get into the scanario where if they dont call back then you don't want to keep calling them. I never leave messages too. And you never really know if their phone isnt even ringing because it sucks or whats going on. If I stop talking to someone I want it to be intentional not situational. So i'll text something like "hey when are you free I wanna give you a call" then ill call, heck maybe i'll call twice leave a message and i'm done until I get a return call. If something goes wrong now then its intentional.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Often times if you call a girl out of the blue these days she won't pick up.

Do a "text to call."

Warm her up first with a non-sequitur text (ie. "just had THE best dessert"). Bait her into responding. Text her back in a few minutes. After exchanging a couple of texts, text "got a sec?" and call her right away.

This way you know she's already at her phone and you've pre-empted the phone call. She has to pick up. If not she's forced to come up with an excuse and she's submitted to your frame.

Now get some comfort going over the phone and ask her out.

Never ask a "maybe" girl out over text. Always over the phone. Only text on the day of to confirm.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason girls are so flaky these days is because too many guys are hiding behind a screen. Rest assured there are a dozen other guys hollering at her over text asking her out (because asking a girl out over text takes no balls), and she's reveling in the attention.

Keep it old school and CALL her. Make her submit to your deep sexy voice. Since guys these days are little *****es about calling, you'll stand out that much more.

Most younger girls today have the attention span of a fruitfly, and more demands on their attention than ever before. In such an environment, developing a genuine rapport with a girl whom you just met can seem daunting.

Having said that, I believe the power of building rapport over the PHONE is vastly underestimated. It’s funny to read guys here still crowing about getting numbers like it's the 90s. Fellas, numbers mean nothing. Girls today give out their number like candy on Halloween. How many of those numbers are translating to dates and lays?

Most guys will pull a number and play a bunch of little text games, then act surprised when she invariably loses interest and flakes. Fellas, she's playing the same text games with 20 other guys she's met at the clubs and reveling in the attention.

Pick up the phone and call. If she won't pick up, text and schedule a time for "a quick chat". In today's hyper-stimulated environment, having an old school 30 minute phone conversation is effectively like having a Day 2. Moreover, when you're texting/IM'ing she could be multitasking a million things at once. When she's on the phone, she has to effectively dedicate and invest ALL her attention to you - a Herculean feat for most younger girls today.

A genuine bond can develop through the phone. This is especially true today as most guys today don't call, and girls today are seldom used to talking to guys on the phone. Girls will say they fall in love a man's voice; I've yet to hear of a girl fall in love with a man's texting skills.

Be a suave lothario and set yourself apart from all her texting/Facebooking chump orbiters. Pick up the phone and call her.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=181001

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
assuming the guy hasn't learned to use texting to his advantage, i agree 100%

some guys have tight text game

its just like anything else in that it needs to be developed

otherwise you are just chatting to shower her with attention while stroking your own ego