Texting, the destroyer of momentum

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been a way for a few weeks and upon my return I see a lot of posts that have texting as a main ingredient.

I've said it before but it bears repeating... Texting destroys that which you've already built. You spend all that time and effort to become HUGE in her awareness, and then through texting you become nothing more than a tiny little screen full of the chatter she scrolls through every day minute by minute.

I advise one and all to get texting out of your game as much as humanly possible. You want to be legendary in her perception, not associated with that tiny little window that displays her meaningless chatter all day long.

It diminishes you down to the ordinary. And hence, her IL drops like a stone. Stay out of that tiny little screen of the mundane that is glued to her hand and remain legendary.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I approve of this post.

Might even move it to the DJ Tips.

Bolded for emphasis:

Atom Smasher said:
I've been a way for a few weeks and upon my return I see a lot of posts that have texting as a main ingredient.

I've said it before but it bears repeating... Texting destroys that which you've already built. You spend all that time and effort to become HUGE in her awareness, and then through texting you become nothing more than a tiny little screen full of the chatter she scrolls through every day minute by minute.
I advise one and all to get texting out of your game as much as humanly possible. You want to be legendary in her perception, not associated with that tiny little window that displays her meaningless chatter all day long.

It diminishes you down to the ordinary. And hence, her IL drops like a stone. Stay out of that tiny little screen of the mundane that is glued to her hand and remain legendary.
This is one of those quick and easy things that you can implement into your game RIGHT AWAY.

RedZone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting isn't bad...However, I feel that people use it way to much.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I respectfully disagree.
And I respectfully agree with both of you...somehow.

Looking around the site, I see lots of guys who don't know how to walk away from the Text World. As in, they don't know when to stop texting. So, they end up glued to their phone in these all-day, back-and-forth conversations with girls they haven't even f**ked yet.

Sure, women like attention. We all know this. But much like te best of food, if you have it all day, it loses it's special appeal. Once a girl realizes that she has you wrapped around her finger via text, all the chase is gone. You've become boring.

I wouldn't say that text has to be eliminated from your life. I just think that you have to be targeted in how you use it.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
And I respectfully agree with both of you...somehow.

Looking around the site, I see lots of guys who don't know how to walk away from the Text World. As in, they don't know when to stop texting. So, they end up glued to their phone in these all-day, back-and-forth conversations with girls they haven't even f**ked yet.

Sure, women like attention. We all know this. But much like te best of food, if you have it all day, it loses it's special appeal. Once a girl realizes that she has you wrapped around her finger via text, all the chase is gone. You've become boring.

I wouldn't say that text has to be eliminated from your life. I just think that you have to be targeted in how you use it.
^That^

Saying any more will just over complicate things.

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i dunno, i text all the time.

whenever i have a gf or if im seeing someone, she texts me throughout the day as well, its not like im going to not respond....

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What works in PUA theory doesn't necessarily work in real life.

Girls text nowadays. Usually throughout the day. Not being one of the guys texting her will soon drop you off her radar. In fact, continuing to call her rather than text will probably annoy her.

I'm out in the field now and that's just how it is.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I hate texting. I'll do it, but I'm never able to reply instantly and this usually pisses people off. I spend a lot of time working in a fast paced restaurant environment so I do not answer anything on my phone about 9 hours of the day 5 to 6 days a week. This is just me though, I know dudes who text ALL the time and still manage to get laid/date the girl they're talking to for long periods of time.

I personally think that things go wrong with texting when you develop an insecurity over it..

Example : Go on a few dates with a chick, everything goes great.. She's practically head over heels for you begging you when the both of you will see eachother next. You reply to a text and she doesn't reply for a day.. (This is where anxiety builds) Then you go on sosuave.net and make a thread about it. Someone tells you "Dude she's losing interest.. Put her in her place!" So you say to her "Listen, I don't play any games so take it or leave it." She has the frame now, gets pissed off and leaves you.

In reality, she was just busy doing something.. Got a few texts when she was busy and forgot to reply. Then you come back with that ultimatum statement and she thinks you're an insecure loser with no life. I know that when I'm busy or hanging out with good friends, my cell phone blowin up is the last thing on my mind.. and if a chick said that kinda sh1t to me, I'd probably tell her she's fvcking crazy.

meathead

Don Juan
Reaction score
I ranted about texting a few weeks ago because if you text in an AFC way, you are giving the girl all the power. I have sent some AFC texts (oh have I ever), some Don Juan texts, and everything in between. Regardless, text messages aren't going anywhere, so you must learn how to use them properly.

It's complicated. Everything from the time between your replies, whether you use emoticons, the level of sexuality you display, how verbose you write, and how many texts you actually send must be taken into account among other things, not to mention the actual substance of the text itself.

I'll text them within reason, but I still prefer to ask women out by phone and almost never by text. Many here will disagree with that. But I'm 31, and I think my age and that of the women I date (27-32) has something to do with the difference of opinion in this regard.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd agree with you years ago, but if you know how to text right then it can be a big component of your game. What FairShake said -- it's just a standard thing now, and it definitely works in the field.

Obviously, you don't want to overdo it. But that's common sense -- just like keeping phone conversations short.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I respectfully disagree.

I've always contended that if the fundamentals of your game are spot-on, and that if you're persistent and can learn to deal with rejection, then you'll succeed, and you'll figure out a way to use whatever means possible to help you succeed. And yeah, this includes texting.

My personal opinion is that texting is just a tool through which to communicate--I refuse to believe that a tiny handheld device makes me look more or less important in the eyes of a woman. It's the same concept when I walk into a bar. I can look around and choose to feel like a DJ or an AFC. A bar is just a tool that I can use to my advantage to approach women, but my merely walking into a bar certainly won't guarantee my success or failure in the eyes of the women. It's totally up to ME to succeed or fail with them.

You can be a Don Juan type of texter, or you can an AFC type of texter--just like you can be a Don Juan nightclub approacher or an AFC nightclub approacher.

It's what INSIDE of your head that really matters.

If an aspiring PUA is confident, then NOTHING can stop him from succeeding; doesn't matter if he conveys that confidence via text or via a person-to-person cold approach.

Confidence is Confidence.

Game is Game.
Quoted for the truth.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the differece between a afc texter and a don jaun texter?

Pair A Dice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post.

I can't agree more with this. While I text my a$$ off sometimes, talking on the phone is my preferred method of conversation, by far.

I wrote something about it on my blog recently and this really brought home everything I tried to say in that post.

Good work!

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Most first phone conversations would go something like this:

You: Hey, what's up?
Her: Who is this?
You: The guy from the bar
Her: Oh... Hey.

Talk about awkward. If you've known the girl for a while and are in a relationship with her, that's different. But you don't call a girl to set up a first date. We're not in 1997 anymore.

Whatever you do, don't ever, ever, leave a voice mail.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
I've always contended that if the fundamentals of your game are spot-on, and that if you're persistent and can learn to deal with rejection, then you'll succeed, and you'll figure out a way to use whatever means possible to help you succeed. And yeah, this includes texting.
Agreed. I find that texting helps maintain the woman's IL. Of course, it all depends on what your content is. There's a huge difference between saying:
"Wow, I hate it when it rains like this"
and
"I'll bet you got your T-shirt all wet today ;)"

Keep texting fun and positive, and it won't work against you.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Atom Smasher said:

dude if you are fing young hot chicks you will have to text.. they have soo many dudes that they cant talk on the phone all the times and they find being called very annoying....

its not textings fault it that she has 1000 men chasing at all times .. she chooses as many as she can but many will fall by the way side thats just how it is... so it is important to learn the text game and play it well

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naturally texting can't be eliminated completely (hence my advice to limit it as much as possible), but my point is to use it as a tool to further your goals and not as a way to pass the time. Those idle conversations kill.

Scarcity is power. If someone thinks that limiting texting will drop you off her radar, then you never were more than an insignificant blip anyway.

Are you guys aware that a woman DOES NOT fall in love with you while she is with you or while she is in contact via text? No, a woman falls in love with you while she is apart from you. That is because she talks herself into being in love with you. Times apart are when that little brain hamster runs furiously and tries to put her feelings in order: "Oh, wait, that must mean that I'm in love with him!" That's how it works, gents. When she's away from you, that time is spent backward-rationalizing and convincing herself that she is in love, or at least in the early stages that you might be the prince charming she is looking for.

Do I use text? Yes I do, but every single letter that I type furthers my purposes, and anything disguised as chit-chat is actually the planting of a seed, devious fellow that I am. Regardless, long, drawn-out chat sessions are relationship killers.

Once the text genie is out of the bottle, it is impossible to retrieve, and make no mistake, she will not perceive what you actually texted, but rather what she wants it to mean, or what she "feels" it means.

Playing with texting is like playing with fire when it comes to relationships. One false move, one mis-placed word and you are dead. Don't use this weapon as a machine-gunner. Rather, use it as a sniper.

Am I speaking in extremes? Perhaps a little bit, but sometimes that's needed to drive a salient point home. As with all my stuff, eat the meat and spit out the bones.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting is like a grenade. Great resource if you know what the fuck you're doing with it. If you don't, it'll eventually blow up in your face.