Texting LTR

happyman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
At the start of the long term relationships I've had, it kind of seems normal to text each other alot.

However as the relationships have progressed...1 year, 2 year I feel like I need to do it alot less, and find myself unable to miss them and not wanting to see them if we are constantly texting.

It is always them who text/call me first (they have mostly complained that I hardly ever text them) and they show high IL.

Does anyone else feel like this? Its as though I dont get the chance to miss them or think about them and build the anticipation up to see them because they are never really away from me...they are always in my pocket (on my phone haha)

Is this a relationship paradox? A girl with high interest level is what you want BUT -

Girls High interest = lots of texting me = me not being able to have my space = how I feel

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Relationships are a paradox themselves.....they go against our nature.

Nature = Want to bang as many hot women as possible

That being said....there is definitely some part of our biology that wants relationships. We want loyalty from women. As far as your problem here......Its just not in the cards for men to overly miss their girlfriend. Thats a women thing.

happyman2012

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I see what you mean. Maybe not miss her, well maybe abit - but look forward to seeing and hearing from her I mean.

When I need time to myself/going into my "cave", and shes contacting me its like we never really get that time apart.

I'm thinking I should tell her im not gonna be texting her as much as I wanna look forward to hearing and speaking to her in person. Use the phone to set dates, maybe a call or text now and again and take it from there.

What dya think? Would her intrest level go down if I didnt text and call as much. My gut says it wouldnt - infact it would do the opposite.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
happyman2012 said:
What dya think? Would her intrest level go down if I didnt text and call as much. My gut says it wouldnt - infact it would do the opposite.
Your gut is most likely right.......BUT dont TELL her "you will be texting her less".....just do it. And if she ever says something about it, just reply with "sorry, was busy".

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get what you mean op.

Why would you want to text a lot at any stage of any relationship?

You don't need to be in a relationship to have sex, relationships are for people who are compatible, sex isn't.

It takes me a long time to get into a relationship and a very short time for me to leave one.