Text timings - When to reply to a text

Dan08

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seen a couple of threads recently asking about how long to leave it between texting a girl back so as to show you're not needy etc.

Well the answer is 1.38 minutes. :up:

Nahhh I joke of course but a simple solution that has served me well and I apply to all my texts regardless of who sends them is this.

FINISH WHAT YOU'RE DOING BEFORE YOU REPLY

Sounds simple and it really is. The whole DJ mindset is having so much in your life that you know you're the boss and girls are #2 to yourself.
By actually taking the time to finish whatever you're doing when you get that text you are still keeping yourself #1 and not dropping everything to reply.

In addition it gives you time to think of a response and it will soon become second nature to finish whatever you were doing first before replying and your productivity will increase tenfold.

For example, say you're watching a TV programme and there's an ad break every 15 minutes and you get a text midway through the programme. WAIT UNTIL THE AD BREAK as you'd have finished watching that part of the programme. You get where I'm coming from here?

Maybe that person replies whilst the ads are still on, well applying this method you should only reply as the programme begins again and then guess what! You wouldn't respond until the next ads.

I can't make it clearer people :)

TheMusic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly! This is what I've been doing lately, works like a charm.

SyncBoss

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never actually thought about this, but I'll start using it. I've always tried taking twice as long as it took the person to text back. (But things start to go downhill when they start matching your time).

I like this though, and will use this now instead of the other rule.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i usually do what bossman says. twice as long as it took them. obv it's not a hard and fast rule, but i think it works most of the time