Test?

TheJoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, getting close to this girl after she broke up with her boyfriend. she has been phoning loads recently, so i asked her nicely to stop because i felt tired and needed sleep before work.

I didnt hear anything after that, and seeing as we have a lunch arrangment tommorow i gave her a quick call to confirm. no answer, i then sent a brief text a few hours later, no reply... then the alarm bells started ringing 'TEST! TEST! 'TEST!'

Now, i realise i really shouldnt have sent that text after the call but its too late now. gotta stay alert and im fully aware she may cancel at last minute... ill be ready with that "Thats no problem" answer ;)

Am i right to try and not act bothered at all to the brush off?

Thanks guys, Joe.

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The point is not to act angry or upset about it. If you do it sort of says you were really looking forward to it (too much) and you put time asside for it.

It should be something in terms of, oh she cancels, ok np, i just go do this other thing i was going to do a bit earlier then. Or even... well doesn't matter, i was going to be here anyways, with or without her.

But, an agreement WAS made and if she doesn't show up and gives you some lame excuse then that is kind of disrespectful, and you shouldn't stand for that. So you make a mental note of that, if you agree to meet again you could say something like "what are the ods of you actually showing up this time?" or something like that.

It's not a big deal, but it is sort of disrespectful, so treat it as such.

There are some exception of course, where there really is an emergency. If someone tells you they had to take their dad to ER or whatever that's a reason. If they sort of tell you they sort of alreayd had soemthing planned = excuse.

LittleBigOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope you are not a shoulder too cry on for her. If she is not there tomorrow at the lunch (with or without an excuse) you know enough. I know it s*cks when a woman doesn't reply, can't handle that either. But you might ask yourself: is she that important to me? And you can also ask yourself the question: what do i want from her? LTR, sex only, her little sister...
And personally, i dont think it is NO TEST...your story sounds more like she is too much bussy with herself.

LittleBigOne

Netherlands, the

TheJoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok guys, thanks. ill take it into consideration

I cant see why she would be to busy to answer the phone or text back... but maybe your right, im really not that bothered if she does or doesnt turn up. I just wanted to know if it was indeed a test.

thanks, Joe.

poohead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
that's a flake, not a 'test'. a flake means low IL, period.
if you were a famous rock star would she try to test you by pretending to flake? probably not.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
poohead said:
that's a flake, not a 'test'. a flake means low IL, period.
if you were a famous rock star would she try to test you by pretending to flake? probably not.
If she doesnt even answer the phone and give you an excuss,that is rude and doesn't even deserve your time of day.