teenager vs mature thoughts

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just can't understand high school train of thought anymore. I mean I used to be there. I just can't get it though. Explain to me why:

- how much sex you get is equalled to popularity
- how much you got wasted was equalled to popularity
- why having your life figured out and being smart is uncool
- why holding a conversation about something other then sex or booze is "boring."
- Why being mean and a ***** is the only train of thought that can make some popular.
- Why self-improvement is a no-no in high school

I just can't understand why this goes on in high school. it amazes me to no end at how boring and dull high school has become because I refuse to tell stories on my girlfriend because I respect her (Hell I won't even tell stories about my ex girlfriends anymore because I have respect for them).

It just seems like these stories bore me anymore. Maybe because I already know that I can get a$$ whenever I want. I don't need sex but I want it.

maybe this is because everyone is insecure and not believing in themselves.

I had one person come up to me and say "Yeah if I don't get a woman soon. I am going to have to go pick up seventh graders. Whats your secret Kyle?" This is a fvcken 12th grader.

Why is it that people just can't come to terms that maybe self-improvement is the key. Maybe changing there mindset is a good idea. Maybe living life without walking on egg shells is a good thing. I just can't understand why they think if you got a ******* then you are a greek god.

I just don't get it anymore. Why can't anyone have conversations about fine things like the future, philosophy, and etc. It just doesn't make sense.

Sosuave changed my life but it also left me with a void in my high school life because I am above the bullsh!t drama of high school life and I don't care about who is screwing who. It doesn't bother me anymore.

I just can't get it anymore . . .

DDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow , I feel the same way. I cannot stand high school drama and the dull meaningless conversations. I'll try to start a conversatoin about events around the world like Iraq or the riots in France and no one knows what the hell is going on. Philosophy is almost impossible to talk about for more then 30 seconds in high school.

Only have six months to go!

crunk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cause so many ppl are fvuckin dumb. its that simple. that and HS life is pretty boring as well. besides ur daily gossip, what else is there to talk about... (ur prolly drawing a blank too).
I fidn it just as easy to have a convo w/ someone im intrested in because i simply ask questions about them, bust on them and run game. With other ppl i jus sit there like > :confused: <
who knows. HS's ghey, who cares, it almost over neway !

komplex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be so quick to judge others. HS is a poser society, and what you see is not what you get.

Most highschoolers are insecure and put on a fake image in attempt to go with the flow of people think is "cool".

Taking to a group of highschoolers about "classier" subjects may not be a good idea. Focus on being entertaining and interesting and making a first, good impression.

Once you're alone with the girl, evolving the convo into one of those "deeper" subjects won't be a problem, and you'll enjoy the convo. Just stick to the guidelines in the DJ bible about convos... you know avoiding the whole "boring her with your life story" BS.

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that high school is teaching me, more than anything, to rely on myself. With the kind of people you're describing...hell...who can you trust, or who actually knows what they're doing? I think Matrix said once...to get anything done in this world...you have to do it yourself. That's definitely good advice.

Most people are too self-righteous and too caught up in themselves to have discussions over things like philosophy. People in high school want to be entertained...and philosophy and the future don't cut it. Truth be told though, I wouldn't want to have those conversations with other people anyway; I would want to have them with people who know their ****...not with someone in the high school you just described.

Someone else (I think it was Smooth as Anything) said...to get to the top, you have to disregard the rest, and it sounds like you're proving what he said.

Humans are inherently weak, man. This, I think, is shown with the amount of laziness, the amount of television that people watch, the junk food that everyone eats, and stuff like that. People give in to the slighest gratifying pleasures, wasting the opportunities life has give them. To be perfectly honest, I've never gotten laid, I haven't ever smoked pot, gone drinking, or even gone to a party. I don't see the point. Like you said...you don't need sex but you want it. I just think that other stuff is more important than that, and it isn't worth ****ing up your life for. I dunno man...no sense in wasting time or energy worrying about it much though. If you think you know what you're doing, then just do what you think is right. If you're wrong...well, we all need learning experiences anyway. "Life's just a joke, and if you take it too seriously, the joke's on you." -Master of the Universe

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by komplex Once you're alone with the girl, evolving the convo into one of those "deeper" subjects won't be a problem, and you'll enjoy the convo. Just stick to the guidelines in the DJ bible about convos... you know avoiding the whole "boring her with your life story" BS.
I don't give a sh!t about girls at this point anymore (they were not even the point of this post at all). If they can't even talk about these points of different interest besides what they did today. Then I don't want to be with them. Sorry I go for the classy girls but that is not the point of this post.

The point of this post was because high school is such a fake society that I am tired of all of the BS that is out there. I would be much happier with a core group of people that like to talk more about philosophy and politics then how many beers or women a person got that weekend. They are boring conversations topics that I wish would not be around because they are exactly that in my eyes. BORING. You start a conversation with me about that, I swear I am asleep in over ten seconds or just extremely pissed off (alcohol and me don't mix for personal reasons).

It just seems that I don't care because I grew up too quickly. I guess this is what I call the curse of sosuave and having older friends. You grow up so quickly and you outrun all of your friends that are the same age as you because you hear all the stories and realize something. That you can only rely on yourself for happiness. Not external gratification because once it is gone. How can you possibly be happy because if it is gone then all the happiness is gone as well while you are forever. YOU ARE FOREVER!!! Alcohol costs money. Women cost money (for the most part between dates, gas to get them somewhere, and many other things they cost money).

people on this site and around the world do not get that you are forever and refuse to build a future around yourself. Which is a big mistake. Why is it that the DJ's that do this are wiping the floor with the countless AFCs that all they want is *****. I forgot. Oh wait it is because they realized that women and beer were second rate to building that future that they saw themselves in.

They use other things as a crutch but can't stand on their own two feet. That is why the people who stand on their own two feet making themselves happy by building their lives on happiness and making a future will be the winners in life.

- Comic_Relief

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, i was like you in the way that i thought everyone was ****ed up in highschool. Then i had a closer look at myself, and came to the conclusion that i am the one ****ed up.

I stopped taking things so seriously. I started talking about getting drunk and getting *****, why? Because it's fun, and it's also fun hearing what your friends have to say and stories they have to give.

The way i see it, your only this age once, might as well make the most of it.

P.S. I improve myself in highschool, am no an *******, and am smart, and im considered one of the 'coolest' guys in the school. So that's not the problem.

Good luck.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
Honestly, i was like you in the way that i thought everyone was ****ed up in highschool. Then i had a closer look at myself, and came to the conclusion that i am the one ****ed up.

I stopped taking things so seriously. I started talking about getting drunk and getting *****, why? Because it's fun, and it's also fun hearing what your friends have to say and stories they have to give.

The way i see it, your only this age once, might as well make the most of it.

P.S. I improve myself in highschool, am no an *******, and am smart, and im considered one of the 'coolest' guys in the school. So that's not the problem.

Good luck.
Actually you are right in the fact that I am the one that is ****ed up. I grew at an abnormal pace. I grew up much faster then everyone else. I have my dreams and aspirations already being put into the world for everyone to see. I know what I want and am going after it.

Sammo, you are missing my point in that I don't want to talk about those things at all because they are not interesting to me at all because alcohol once ruined my life because of loss of friends and family to it. Have you ever seen a person die in your arms because of a car crash caused by alcohol? Believe me even if you don't know the person, it will cause a change in you so dramatic that you can't forget it.

Yes I am making the most of my life as of right now because I am playing sports, baseball, track, ping pong, and soccer. I am enjoying making new friends with adults or teenagers, who are past this stage as well as people who don't care about the things that I stated (hard as hell to find but I found about seven or eight people that don't care about those topics because they know that they can get each things whenever they want and they moved on and will talk about them. I find once that a person becomes under control of their own desires that they can truely move on in life).

I don't like this age that I am at anymore. When I was at this age in sixth grade, I got to hear many different stories about drinking when I was in that grade and I made a choice to not drink or get drunk. It looked friggen retarded. I saw my friends come home plastered and do stupid things including beat me and they wouldn't remember it the next day. Why the hell would I want to put anyone else through that?

P.S. Sammo I am also one of the cooler guys in my school as well. I can get a woman at anytime I want because of the DJ principles but I don't want to talk about stories about women because I respect (something sorely lacking from most people in this world) the girls that I go out with even if we are broken up. I just see it as the fact that instead of just using them for "fun" that I would rather become friends with them while dating or seeing them. I have not had a failure of not getting involved in a meaningful relationship and every woman that I date and broke up with has either been obsessed with getting back together with me or is still my friends because they know that they got a great catch. I just don't get why people need to talk about sex and drinking 24/7.

I think what happened here is that I took the become the champion of life and a great catch to the extreme and raised the bar of what I expect to such a high level that i am facing the curse of sosuave. That level might be set at the 48th level but most people are only at 32nd level. This to me is unacceptable because philosophy is interesting. In my spare time I read it. I improve and I go chasing girls but you know what don't tell me everything that you do. Show it to me.

- Comic_Relief

EDIT: I just realized what your PS meant. Maybe I should rephrase that sentence. In my school and most people's eyes, to get ahead in my school you either have to be a prick. I don't like how people say "boo" to self-improvement and when I say that i am going to lift weights or run. They will ask why and make fun of me because I say that I am constantly improving myself. They act like that is retarded but when I tell older adults this they look at me and say that they wish that they would have done this because they saw what they did of party and sex up women as a loss of their good time. I still don't get it.

Last edited:

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by comic_relief
I just can't understand high school train of thought anymore. I mean I used to be there. I just can't get it though. Explain to me why:

- how much sex you get is equalled to popularity
- how much you got wasted was equalled to popularity
- why having your life figured out and being smart is uncool
- why holding a conversation about something other then sex or booze is "boring."
- Why being mean and a ***** is the only train of thought that can make some popular.
- Why self-improvement is a no-no in high school

people know that i get lots of sex and think that i spend my weekends getting drunk... i love to talk about sex, marijuana and booze (since my classmates don't know anything about more intellectual topics)...

guess what? everyone in my class thinks that i'm a sex addict that will die of cyrrosis...
maybe i should join a pennsylvania high school, man...

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: teenager vs mature thoughts

Originally posted by Jay-X
people know that i get lots of sex and think that i spend my weekends getting drunk... i love to talk about sex, marijuana and booze (since my classmates don't know anything about more intellectual topics)...

guess what? everyone in my class thinks that i'm a sex addict that will die of cyrrosis...
maybe i should join a pennsylvania high school, man...
your more then welcome to come over man.

GuitarOnFire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I am making the most of my life as of right now because I am playing sports, baseball, track, ping pong, and soccer. I am enjoying making new friends with adults or teenagers, who are past this stage as well as people who don't care about the things that I stated (hard as hell to find but I found about seven or eight people that don't care about those topics because they know that they can get each things whenever they want and they moved on and will talk about them. I find once that a person becomes under control of their own desires that they can truely move on in life).
Remember that it's better to be mature now than to never grow up. I know a lot of people out there who are essentially screwing their futures by becoming directionless, lazy, and brainwashed by the norms of their culture.

IMO, a real Don Juan doesn't need to drink, smoke, or masturbate. It gives you a more detached and clearer view of the world. Any sort of commitment or dependency is WEAKNESS. A Don Juan has very few weaknesses because he has spent much time improving himself in many ways. If one girl doesn't like you, then does it really matter? You can laugh it off and go back to your interests without care. If you're on a roll, there will be at least another five girls over the next year or two that are P.H.A.T. ;)

Jizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maturity and news etc etc is really ****ing boring and that my friends is a fact!

Immaturity rules! So much fun can be had! Playing silly games and making silly jokes and laughing at silly things is actually the way forward in life!

People look at people like you guys and think "Wow hes actually a boring **** talking about boring **** like iraq"

People look at immature people and think "Wow, hes so immature and stupid but hes laughing and having much more fun than the boring **** over there"

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"- how much sex you get is equalled to popularity - it makes you more popular but it's easy to be popular without having sex
- how much you got wasted was equalled to popularity - not true at all, it's cuz of how they act whilst they are wasted not cuz they actually are wasted
- why having your life figured out and being smart is uncool - not true at all, most popular guys in my school are smart and have life figurred out
- why holding a conversation about something other then sex or booze is "boring." - any subject is interesting if you make it interesting
- Why being mean and a ***** is the only train of thought that can make some popular. - not mean, decisive, witty, confident
- Why self-improvement is a no-no in high school - don't even know what you're talking about here, it takes time but once people have noticed the change then it's easy"

komplex

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah but do you know how much people lie about sex in highschool?

like I said, poser society.

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
poser society? thats bitter.

Well because everyone just wants to have fun, they don't want to think about later, past, way later but anytime except the present.

its all about those good moments, and well, drinking helps them :)

and Self-Improvement is valued! It's a silent value though, BELIEVE ME if you start working out and get looking strong and hot GIRLS WILL NOTICE.

You've never noticed that everyone whose "popular" is good at something? hint* self-improvement*

Comon' you got:

The Captain of the football team
The starters on the football team
The Varsity players...
The starts on other athletic teams
The Good looking kid
The entertaining people
The kid whose all the pot
The kid whose all the beers(sometimes the same kid who has the pot)
And your confident or *******s kids
And other people who are GOOD at things that are interesting (NOT INCLUDING CHESS OR HALO OR STARCRAFT T_T )

So as you see if you're good at something or confident, you have a chance.

Because popularity is very key to success...in anything in life. You have to be liked by others, it helps with many different things.

Question answered Comic_Relief?

and dude i thought you'd be the the funny kid in the popular click, i mean your name IS comic_relief? what are you good for ?
:p just kidding ;)

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Void
and dude i thought you'd be the the funny kid in the popular click, i mean your name IS comic_relief? what are you good for ?
:p just kidding ;)
Funny thing is that I got rid of the popular click because of the fact that I got bored with them. That was all they talked about. I moved to another group where i would hang out with these guys whenever I felt like and had more of a voice. Suddenly I gained a lot more fun.

Comic_Relief

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone should read this post. Whatever your opinion is. Open your eyes and your mind, dont be so ignorant. Life is more than a beer and a *****.

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol the most confident guys I know are the internet poserss in life...

they can talk BS about everything, everybody listens, and than laughs in silence
poser society? thats bitter.
Well because everyone just wants to have fun, they don't want to think about later, past, way later but anytime except the present.

its all about those good moments, and well, drinking helps them :)

and Self-Improvement is valued! It's a silent value though, BELIEVE ME if you start working out and get looking strong and hot GIRLS WILL NOTICE.

You've never noticed that everyone whose "popular" is good at something? hint* self-improvement*

Comon' you got:

The Captain of the football team--leader by rights
The starters on the football team--who's your wingman?
The Varsity players...---they are part of the team
The starts on other athletic teams--physical mostly and already on pedestals
The Good looking kid---to the girls and the guys wanna know his secret
The entertaining people---just try and not notice
The kid whose all the pot---hehe;)
The kid whose all the beers(sometimes the same kid who has the pot)---yeah lose yourself, people who drink are looking for their real selves, you have no clue how boring some of them are while they are sober
And your confident or *******s kids---INCLUDING CHESS OR HALO OR STARCRAFT T_T )
And other people who are GOOD at things that are interesting

So as you see if you're good at something or confident, you have a chance.

Because popularity is very key to success...in anything in life. You have to be liked by others, it helps with many different things.

Question answered Comic_Relief?

just kidding

bambino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Immature people are the ones always running around playing tag and saying jokes about your mom 24/7. Sure the "mom" jokes can be funny but only once in a while. It starts getting dumb/annoying when people say things and just add your mom to it.

DedOne88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with this topic; when I tell people that I read just to learn, they give me the look that I may seem boring and may not know anything, but in reality I know a lot from reading and self-improving. Most people don't know what to do after high school like I do and probably most of you. They think you're a square.

I don't party that much (I go to one or two once in a great while), but when I do go, I see the same people all the time. I used to see the people that have been out of highschool for 3-4 years still getting drunk or doing drugs. It's kind of sad; they have no vision for the future, no goals, no dreams (Only stuff like "Doing all the drugs in the world" or something similar).

I guarantee that whoever reads self-improvement books, and applies what is learnt has the ability to become a succesful and wealthy entrepreneur (Or be succesful at anything they want).