Tattoos

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo.
I was thinking of throwing a part of my next paycheck to get a tattoo on my shoulder. Don't know exactly what yet, I have a few ideas in mind but nothing definitive. So, which one of you guys has a tattoo? Are you happy with it? Are you planning on getting more? How have people reacted to your tattoos generally?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get something symbolic of you.

Tribal Tattoos - Overrated
Barbed Wire - Tat Artists Hate It

Get with your local tattoo artist, see if you can sit down and get some ideas about something that is TRULY you. Remember, its more or less permanent. I know people who have had tattoos covered or "removed" because they didnt like them. It leaves them with large scars or areas of dark ink on their skin. My brother in law has tats all over his legs, back, chest, stomach, and upper arms. He's had a few covered, and people react differently. Some like it, some look awkwardly at him.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, tribal tattoos, barbed wires and kanjis (chinese glyphs) are too cliché and commonly used, I don't like them. That's why I'm not getting it done until I decide on something that I won't get tired of and that complements my personality and looks.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get a pair of nuts tattood under your chin

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got back from a week holiday in a hot place, where I was far and away the whitest person by the pool/on the beach. Since I don't tan, I was thinking I should get tattoos. If I can't get a healthy brown color, I should at least be interesting to look at, not pitiable :(

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a tattoo on my upper back. Got it when I was 17 and stupid. I don't really mind it, although I don't see it much.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuanjovi said:
I have a tattoo on my upper back. Got it when I was 17 and stupid. I don't really mind it, although I don't see it much.
That's interesting..a lot of people I know argue against tattoos by saying "YOU'LL HATE IT IN A FEW YEARS AAARGH" but I've never known anyone who absolutely HATED a tattoo they got. Sure, they might regret it a little, but the way I see it it becomes a part of your body like a mole or something.

What's it of?

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
doctoroxygen said:
That's interesting..a lot of people I know argue against tattoos by saying "YOU'LL HATE IT IN A FEW YEARS AAARGH" but I've never known anyone who absolutely HATED a tattoo they got. Sure, they might regret it a little, but the way I see it it becomes a part of your body like a mole or something.

What's it of?
Most people who say that don't have any tattoo's.
You're absolutely right. It just becomes a part of you and you get used to it. Mine is of a spade wrapped in barbed wire. Has no meaning, I was just at work, bored as hell and it popped into my mind. I was young had some cash and said what the hell. Absolutely no regrets.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking a long time about getting a large ram head on my back, with long twisted, narled horns and a sort of demonic/ghastly appearance to it

A ram is sort of representative of my outlook on life, my personality...and its also the mascot of a school that gave me a second chance

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is how I look at tattoos.

Have you ever seen a girl and then thought "Wow she is beautiful!" then saw a tattoo and thought "skank" to yourself? The ONLY exception I have for tattoos on women/men would be if the tattoo was in honor of someone ie a passed relative/friend.

Now if I think that of women who have tattoos,why should I think I can get away with it?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the thing about tattoos which I never really hear anyone mention: when you get a tattoo you're committing to the life of being inked but you don't necessarily commit to that particular tattoo. You can always change a tattoo if you don't like it or if it becomes too distorted over time. Of course, this is working under the assumption the tattoo is somewhere where you have the balls to get it covered up with something different. If you get a tattoo on your chest, stomach, spine, your elbows or your feet, you'll probably be hard pressed to find the courage to get it redone.

Anyway, here is my philosophy and sagely advice: Go Big or Go Home. If you get tattooed, get it as big as you can, as daring and bold as you can, or don't even bother.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
itishe said:
You're not ready for a tattoo.
True. Dont sporadically get some gay sh*t that youll hate once you realize you were a dumbass when you were younger.