Tanning beds?

hootersrule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by [T]he ishop
It's not like there are cameras watching you... just strip down and put a sock over your bits & pieces.

Sock? Ive been trying it commando as Kramer would say. Although that does sound safer cause I don't want to burn the boys.

hootersrule

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dictatorsaurus
I don't understand why people try so hard to get a tan. They're reasoning is that it makes them look healthier. How does it look healtheir and more natural if you are not born with it and get in a salon?

I've never seen a dark man trying to become white (MJ doesn't count).
Did you ever get burned on the first day of your beach vacation and then spend the rest of the week with the bottle in the room with a bottle of aloe gel? Guess not or you wouldn't have asked that question.

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hootersrule
Did you ever get burned on the first day of your beach vacation and then spend the rest of the week with the bottle in the room with a bottle of aloe gel? Guess not or you wouldn't have asked that question.
Sun-block is what you're looking for.

Tanning salons are not there to prevent you from getting burnt (the process of getting a tan is actully a minor skin burn) they are visited for cosmetic reasons only.

cffrmw

Don Juan
Reaction score
the process of getting a tan is not a minor skin burn. its your skin reacting to more exposure to UV light and producing more melanin(sp?), which makes your skin darker. a minor skin burn is also known as a sun burn, which is not what you try to get when you go tanning

Daani

Don Juan
Reaction score
Spray Tans

Many tanning salons offer spray-tans. It has it's pro's and cons. It's most definitely an option to consider if your worried about side effects etc.

hootersrule

Don Juan
Reaction score
while I was waiting for a bed I observed someone watching a video instruction for one of the spray on tans. Can't say that looks like something I want to do. You have to stand in several different poses while the spray goes on and then wait for it to dry. Then it only lasts for a week at the longest and you still have to use the highest sunscreen when you go outside because your "tan" offers no protection from the sun.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another benefit of UV tanning beds over spray-on tans is that it improves your complexion and vitality. Anybody with skin problems such as acne would probably notice a lot of benefits of using a tanning bed.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done that "Spray on tanner" booth. It sucked ass. My face looked dirty, there were streaks, and my hands got orangy.

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started going to a tanning bed about a week ago (been there 3 times so far) and I think it's great. I always feel really good when I get out of there. I was worried at first that I might not get any results since I have red hair (well dark rust actually) and really pale skin, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I recommend everyone try a tanning bed for atleast a week, it's a really powerful confidence booster!

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tanning salons are not there to prevent you from getting burnt (the process of getting a tan is actully a minor skin burn) they are visited for cosmetic reasons only.
That's not entirely true. Developing a tan does prevent you from getting burnt, but you are right that most people only go to a salon for cosmetic reasons. I've heard of people going before vacation so they don't get a sunburn. Before I went to the tanning salon I would get burnt in 20 minutes without sunblock. Now I can last at least an hour (that's as long as I've attempted).

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started going to a tanning bed about a week ago (been there 3 times so far) and I think it's great. I always feel really good when I get out of there. I was worried at first that I might not get any results since I have red hair (well dark rust actually) and really pale skin, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I recommend everyone try a tanning bed for atleast a week, it's a really powerful confidence booster!
I noticed that too at first, but it goes away once you get used to the process.