Talking to very old friend, need some advice

jadager

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,

Ok I know the title sounds very weird but the thing is that I stopped talking to this gorgeous girl like 3 years ago ever since we went to different schools, we used to be friends but well she went to some school and I went to a complete different one, changed mail over the years and totally lost contact of her.
However a friend of mine still talks to her, thru Hi5 and I just noticed that so I really wanna get back in touch with her so my friend told me that he could like arrange a "meeting" just like going out to eat or something (my friend, another girl, this girl and me) but should I message her first over Hi5 and be like: "hey wassup, remember me, bla bla bla bla" or just like "hey,...remember me....." on that very same day?

I know this is hard to understand, was even harder to try to describe lol, but I hope you get the picture.
So what should I do?

mrblue

Reaction score
I think you should just have your friend "arrange" a meeting. Its a good way to reestablish contact and you can go from there.

Reaction score
Actually, I would tell your friend to let her know that you'll be there and then gauge her reaction/interest to see if she is excited about the encounter. If she doesn't show up then you know her interest is not there.

yama600rr

Don Juan
Reaction score
tell your friend to not say anything, suprise her. if you are old friends, then she would be happy to see you. Telling her ahead of time, she may just cancel the whole thing. you have to give yourself a chance!!! anything can happen

jadager

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thx for the replies guys

But I was thinking, what if I just like get back in touch with her thru like msn, and then pop out in that encounter. Because even if we are old friends I think just "appearing" would be kinda strange, don't you think?

Reaction score
Why? Is she thinking about getting in touch with you? Why not just show up? Why are YOU obligated? She may not even show up!