talkin too much?

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
recently, i've been told by some people that even though, i'm funny and charming, i speak too much and i'm pretty irritating for that (expecially when i'm drunk, but also when i'm sober)

would it be better to shut up? how do you recognize when is the moment to speak and when it's not?
thanks

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol I have the same problem sometimes. I just keep talking about anything random and often say too much about myself! Talk about egotistical lol. :p

And it's incredibly ironic because only a year ago I was the complete opposite; I didn't talk much, especially about myself.

I think you just have to develop a feel of when it's time to speak up or shut up. Strike a balance. Tell yourself "They don't need to know everything about me".

Ask yourself "Do they really care about what I have to say?" and perhaps more importantly "Would I really care about what I'm saying if I we're them?". :)

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TillTheEndOfTime
The best conversationalist talks to you about YOU, not himself.
Exactly. Talk to a person about themselves and they will listen for hours. :)

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TillTheEndOfTime
The best conversationalist talks to you about YOU, not himself.
ok, but i actually am a great conversationalist when i'm talkin to just a person or maybe a small group. the problem is where i'm like out with a bunch of 5 or more people... i am often seen as the leader and people expect me to say something, so after a few days they know me, i'm seen as someone who just says bullsh1t, basically a clown... funny but soon irritating and no longer the leader

any ideas?

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Only thing that matters is if you are winning or losing!

If you are winning in life, how friends, bitc hes, you life is where you want it to be who gives a **** what some people think!

History will judge you in the end and it usually doesn't state what you wanted it to state so as long as you win when it's all over that's all that matters!

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one expects you to lead a conversation. You have created that fantasy in your mind. Do you think that if you left the group of 5 people the other 4 wouldn't be able to talk without you?

Take your friends advise and stop talking so much (easy way is just to ask questions) ... its ok if there is silence.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flexion_
No one expects you to lead a conversation. You have created that fantasy in your mind. Do you think that if you left the group of 5 people the other 4 wouldn't be able to talk without you?

Take your friends advise and stop talking so much (easy way is just to ask questions) ... its ok if there is silence.
it's not me that expects it... when i don't talk, people keep askin me "c'mon man, you don't feel good?" or something on that line and ask me to tell them some stories...