talk to her or wait?

WhoAmI?

Don Juan
Reaction score
so I met this chick online...got her number and been talkin for a few days now. We're goin out next weekend and I'm debating if I should talk to her less so anticipation/mystery builds up...or keep talkin on a daily basis so she feels more comfortable? This is the first time either of us met someone online so I'm pretty sure she's nervous. However, we've talked quite a bit and she's extremely open and enjoys talkin...i've had to end every convo cause I honestly think she'd talk for hours if I let her.

trickz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep talking to her the same otherwise she will think you are not that interested and flake on you.

Take it from a guy who has experience in this :up:

WhoAmI?

Don Juan
Reaction score
Accually I think I'm just gonna get her to go out this weekend...no real point in waiting I can tell shes pretty interrested from talkin to her.

Like I've said in some previous threads I was in a serious relationship and out of the game for almost 5 years so what are some good places to hit up on the first night out? Dinner just seems to boring rather do something where we can really loosen up and have a good time.

playerone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol bro. I am totally in the same situation as you.

I'm speaking from current experience. I was talking to her like everyday. Her interest level is pretty high. At first, i was the one initiating the conversations, through phone and on MSN. After a few days, i decided to stop doing that and see what happens. Well, she started to message me everyday, pm me when she sees me online, etc.

After about 2-3 days of her initiating, she suddenly stopped. I didn't initiate either, and we had 1 day of not contacting. Then, i initiated again, blah blah blah, and then another day of no contact. Now, i have a feeling her interest level is not that booming high anymore. It's there, but just enough.

We haven't gone out yet, due to some true issues on her part. So, i finally got to ask her out. Now, i'm just going to continue to contact her but not appear needy at the same time.

What trickz said was correct.

WhoAmI?

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya thats why I figured just get her out now...I mean why bother spending all this time talking with no action...just a ***** figuring out where. Thinkin like a bar where we can drink/play some pool, but I still got the option of dippin if things go south. Then a late dinner if everything went well maybe?

playerone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's interested, you can tell and sense that. Good luck in getting the kiss-close.

Things not looking really good on my side. I just got blown by some psycho chick but i wasn't planning to let her screw my life up anyway. And this other girl i was talking about, told her i'd call her in a few minutes, she said okay, and then boom. I called her, no reply. Saw her online, popped a pm. No reply.

Maybe she dozed off. Well, i wouldn't want to know. Got to cut her off now to see if the date still goes.

All the best to you man.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhoAmI, do you live in a big city or major metro?

I've always tried to minimized non-face talking. Phone conversations are short, sweet and to the point.

Nothing wrong with getting dinner, but don't take her to a place to impress her. It would probably be cooler if you took her to some hole in the wall place with bomb food. Then go play pool, or grab a bottle of wine and head to the park, or just walk around.

All good options - if you live in an area that can provide those things.

WhoAmI?

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ehh weather sux in Richmond atm so even though we got all that **** nothing outside is gonna happen, but ya pool/dinner wouldn't be bad. We already decided to go out Sun. so how should I bring it up...like "Would you like to do xxx when we meet up?" or something like "Figured we would go to xxx." Basicly ask her if she'd like to do that or just tell her we're doing that. Figure I won't mention dinner that way if it goes good I can bring it up if it doesn't I can dip.

**** man ain't there like some inspirational articles on here...Been out of the game for so long i'm nervous as hell. Feel like the first time I took a ***** out 5 years ago lol.

Igetit!

Reaction score
WhoAmI? said:
Ehh weather sux in Richmond atm so even though we got all that **** nothing outside is gonna happen, but ya pool/dinner wouldn't be bad. We already decided to go out Sun. so how should I bring it up...like "Would you like to do xxx when we meet up?" or something like "Figured we would go to xxx." Basicly ask her if she'd like to do that or just tell her we're doing that. Figure I won't mention dinner that way if it goes good I can bring it up if it doesn't I can dip.
DON'T ASK HER what she'd like to do. You're the man here. It's your job to lead,and she'll be looking at you to see how you lead.
WHATEVER YOU DO,don't put her in control of the date. You seem to be concerned with what she wants to do,but what about you? What do you want to do? Where would you like to go for the date?

You have to remember and understand that the "date" is YOU. It's the people involved. To the girl,the way YOU act and behave and how you carry yourself is more important than the place you go. Think about it: Do you really care whether you go to a movie,dinner,or to a park if you don't like the girl? If you aren't interested in her,it won't matter where you go. Same thing for women. You can take her to her favorite movie,restaurant,or wherever she wants to go,but if she isn't attracted to you,she won't enjoy herself.

With all that said,be a man. You plan the date. You work out the details. Women already have enough thinking and planning to do in their own lives,they don't won't to be burdened with the coming up with ideas for the date,especially when you're the one who asked her out.
By you making the plans,you'll show her that you're confident and in charge.

Good luck man.

epicwinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't talk to her online everyday, don't you have better things to do?
plus, if you talk to her tooo much online, you might run out of things to talk about in person :crazy:

talking to a girl online/phone everyday when you haven't even met, is a sure way to get FZ touchdown
:down:

WhoAmI?

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aight so meetin up with her at 6. Talked to her yesterday and she was askin if I'm nervous at all. Of course I played it off smooth even though i'm flippin **** lol. You guys got any tips to get her to relax a bit cause she did say she was pretty nervous (was ez to tell anyways). At the sametime her being nervous is that good or bad? We're meeting up at a local bowling alley figured we could bowl/pool/drink & talk w/e then hit up dinner afterwards if it's going good.

Igetit!

Reaction score
WhoAmI? said:
Aight so meetin up with her at 6. Talked to her yesterday and she was askin if I'm nervous at all. Of course I played it off smooth even though i'm flippin **** lol. You guys got any tips to get her to relax a bit cause she did say she was pretty nervous (was ez to tell anyways). At the sametime her being nervous is that good or bad? We're meeting up at a local bowling alley figured we could bowl/pool/drink & talk w/e then hit up dinner afterwards if it's going good.
Everything seems to be going well. Good job in playing the cool role even though you were nervous yourself. And her being nervous? That's good. If she was the cool one and you were nervous,and she knew that,then you might have had concern to worry.

The best way to get her to relax is simply to be relaxed yourself. Women are emotional,so whatever emotion is coming from you while you're with her,she'll pick up on it,then she'll probably start to feel it too. Be relaxed,be talkative,but talk about exciting topics. DO NOT let her feel bored in your presence. Remember what I said about how she'll pick up whatever emotion that you're feeling? Well if she feels bored while she's with you,for whatever reason,she'll link it to you,and think you're boring.

By the way,I'm curious. The date of bowling,pool,etc is a pretty good idea. Who's idea was it?

WhoAmI?

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was my idea...Was gonna do like dinner then a local bar where we could relax and get to know each other over some drinks. After I thought about it though she doesn't smoke so she might be uncomfortable in a bar. Plus I don't wanna be yellin at each other to talk.

Called a few Bowling places and found one that had pool/bowling/full bar. Figured no matter what we do there be it me showing her how to play pool or drinkin or bowling I got plenty of oppertunites to move in a little closer...specially in pool lol.

Igetit!

Reaction score
WhoAmI? said:
It was my idea
Good. That was all I was checking for really. I just wanted to see if you were the one who set up the date and decided where to go,or did you put the responsibility off on to her. Like I said previously,YOU are more important than the place you take her Just continue to lead,be in charge. Don't get me wrong,I'm not saying to be a dictator and to completely ignore her when she speaks,I'm just saying to be confident and be the leader in the relationship. Seems like you're good to go man. Just continue to be calm and relax no matter what happens.

Good luck.