Talk to GF about sex.

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's about time... how would you go about it?
We've never really discussed it before, and I'm wondering if there's an easy way about bringing it up.
Thanks all

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
More info please?

Why would it be awkward to bring up? Assuming, of course, that your relationship--physically and emotionally--has naturally progressed to the point that sex is on the horizon.

How physically intimate are you two? How far have you gone? Are you both comfortable with what you're doing already?

How long have you been together? Are you comfortable with each other? If you're truly comfortable together (physically and emotionally), talking about sex shouldn't be difficult.

More details would be nice.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't openly talk about her fears and concerns about sex to her. Rather, get in the moment of sex and find out for yourself...and talk about sex afterwards.

But....if you have to, why not just openly say "Lets talk about sex"? Being up front with it reveals confidence with your sexuality =)

Sun

Reaction score
I have a general outline that I follow if I want to bring up sex.
first make her curious about something, u can do this with a simple statement, like "u look like a girl who loves doggystyle!" - "oh yeah?" - "yeah, but im not going to tell u why!", because when she is curious, then I can talk about almost anything and the conversation keep on going, no matter what I say, she is obligated to answer since she wants to know what Im not telling her. And then I make her qualify herself, and then try to set a date .. forinstance:

me: hey, I have to tell u something
her: what?
me: you're a ****ing look a like to a person that i know :O
her: oh really? who?
me: thats the thing.. i cant tell you ;) since u know who it is
her: now c'mon say say say!!
me: you're a rather adventures girl are u? tell me if im wrong
her: yes, yes I am! but tell me who I look like now!!
me: good, if you were'nt I would have to walk away.BUT! than you have to be really good in bed. All adventures girl are u know, but perhaps u were just talking alot and no have business made ;)
her: excuse me???
me: *no answer*

at this point, most of the girls just simply answers that they're awesome in bed because they want to proof themselfes that they ARE adventures and good in bed.I mean who wants to get the "im booring and suck in bed-stamp"?

Also because they want to know who they look like, and keep the conversation going. But a couple of girls gets offended like hell and can freak out and type something like

"u are insane :S" or "**** off!!!"

now DONT start to turn into a AFC and claim that u were just kidding. anyways the conversation is going, and here i am challenging the girl:

her: noo! im ****ing great in bed!
me: cool. But you could never last my sextempo ;)
her: try me!
me: (not buying the frame that im going to **** her, yet) it's two things that im good at.. sex, and pillowfights!
her: oh.. im BEST at pillowfights!

now u can tease her about sucking at pillowfights or what so ever. Play on that for a week and tell her how u are going to kick her ass at a pillowfight. And then arrange a meeting with her

whats on the program?

HER ****ing YOU, works like a charm!

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A fellow Washingtonian! Hello there.

girl_in_a_boy_forum said:
Why would it be awkward to bring up?
I guess because we haven't talked about it before. I suppose if it's awkward to bring up, we're not ready. Point taken.

How physically intimate are you two? How far have you gone? Are you both comfortable with what you're doing already?
Heavy making out, feeling up and down, no orals yet. We are comfortable with that we've done so far, but really it's just hard to find a private place to do things. As a side note, we're both virgins. For me, it's not that I can't "get any" it's that I have some nagging thought in my head that I want the first time to be special and not just a random hookup.

How long have you been together? Are you comfortable with each other? If you're truly comfortable together (physically and emotionally), talking about sex shouldn't be difficult.
We've been together about a month now. I guess our comfort level isn't truly 100% but it's getting close. I mean, we don't really talk about hooking up that much except as a general thing (not really specific).

From what you're saying I can already tell that we're not ready to progress further until we are more comfortable with what we're doing. I really like this girl and am not looking for a simple hookup (considering we are in a long-term relationship). Really I guess I'm not looking for just talking about sex... but be more open about our sexuality in general. Even as I'm typing this I can tell that if I asked her, "so, how was today at my place?" (we hung out earlier today) then it might be kinda weird.

Comments, critiques, advice? If you really are a "girl in a boy forum" then I'm really interested in what you have to say on this subject.
Thanks a lot

Stacks Of Terror

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just escalate until it gets to that point. If she's comfortable with it she'll go along with it if she's not then pull in the reigns and let her situate herself.

Three3Kingz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Supremo i have to say you remind me so much of myself. my girlfriend who i broke up with 2 weeks ago reminds me exactly of yours in terms of how far weve gone. and if we were still dating id prolly be asking this question now. we were also at the point of heavy making out and i was starting to feel her up more. we too were also both virgins and i also want it to be more special than just a hook up. we were dating for a little longer tho, about 2 1/2 months.

anyways if i were u i would just be patient i guess. one of my friends has twice dated a virgin, and he had the patients to wait about 6 months each time for sex. ive gotten this feeling that good girls like your girlfriend seems to be need to feel secure enough in the relationship before having sex. i dont know if this is true or anything but im just assuming.

again im not in this position right now as i just broke up with my girlfriend so good luck with your girl

drummer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you do, make sure you are comfortable with everything up to sex. my old girlfriend and i skipped some of the other steps (oral) and it make sex kinda awkward and i got some massive performance anxiety had had some erection issues because of it.