Takes long to put it on = all momentum is lost?

brod716

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Often when my gf is all hot and ready to "go" and I have to get a condom on it takes me too freaking long to do that - so she "loses" the momentum and dries up and loses passion and interest... Any recommendations for that? How do you guys do it? I can't put it on during foreplay, because in my and her mind that will signal that the sex HAS to happen - when sometimes it just doesn't for whatever reasons. Also, a lot of foreplay happens when we're still in clothes since we don't live or sleep together - so there's no way of putting it on then :confused:

Thx

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Never had this dilemma...but maybe if you continue to work her with your free hand or mouth while you're putting it on, instead of actually interrupting the activities to put it on?

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, this is a b!tch. I keep it as close the bed as poss & try to keep a hand busy. Maybe lean over to kiss her whilst opening. Love to see more answers to this.

StrongBad

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is indeed a *****.

What I do to try and prolong her passion is to kiss her wildly while using my free hands to open the condom wrapper, and if I'm already naked at this point, just slip it on while still making out with her.

Often times her eyes are closed and she doesn't even know what I'm doing.

It may take some practice but eventually you will be able to get in on in 20 seconds max.

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Boy do I feel for you. I have always absolutely hated condoms, because they have that exact same effect on me. I "lose the feeling" easily.

In my last LTR, they were the secondary birth control method we used. Here's the solution I worked out... I know this won't help for your "knowing there's going to be sex" situation, but anyways...

While we're in the early stages of foreplay (just kissing and touching), I stop (so that increases her excitement level too), get the condom out, unwrap it, set it down on the wrapper (on the night table) exterior pointing up. Put the tube of lubricant beside the condom, and uncap it. Then I get back to business with her. When the time comes to penetrate her, I roll the condom on and lube up. Since everything is already out, it takes about 5-10 seconds.

Matt ala Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take this suggestion.....

Stop using latex condoms and use the non-latex type. The Avanti by Durex is great!! Believe me when I say, that you can feel every bit of her.

Have HER put the condom on so you don't lose momentum. Make it only part of the experience.

Try that and let us know...

M.A.C.

Matt ala Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still take my suggestion...either way.

M.A.C.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do this...

If you're in a situation where you MIGHT be having sex, have the condom readily available (I keep mine under the foot of the bed). If you are at her house, keep them in your wallet or something. When you're making out, slide her pants down and actually move down the bed with them, licking and sucking on her legs the entire way. Take your time and use one hand to get the condom from under the bed. Positioin yourself at the foot of the bed and slide her panties down. Do it very slow, it'll make it seem like you're "slow and sensual", plus she won't notice the difference in pace when it comes time to put the condom on.

Slide her to the foot of the bed so that you can sorta 'hang off' and lick her out, use your hands to part her legs and make sure she understands to keep them open on her own. Take your arms out of the equation completely and keep eating her out. Reach under the bed, open the condom and slide it on while you're eating her. When she's soaking and hot, move up to her chest and slide your c0ck inside of her.

You should have no problem with this because if a girl is willing to slide her panties off and let you put your tongue inside of you, she's willing to have sex with you.

-Blitz

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suggestion....

Here's what I do....

If i think we are going to have sex, the Condom is close by - perhaps on the floor, under the bed in my pocket where-ever.

Now as the forplay gets hot and heavy, I work my way downtown. I go down on her - believe me this get's her even more worked up.

Then as I go down on her, I can position her however I want - pull her over to the side of the bed, keep going down on her as I kneel on the floor. Then I can take my pants off, unwrap the condom and put it on without missing a beat. I'm still going down on her, so she's still hot and heavy, then when I'm done putting on the condom, I just slip it in.

By the way, if you go down on her (and you do it well) s#x will happen EVERY time. You gotta give a little to get alot.

Good luck.

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Matt ala Casanova
Stop using latex condoms and use the non-latex type. The Avanti by Durex is great!! Believe me when I say, that you can feel every bit of her.

Have HER put the condom on so you don't lose momentum. Make it only part of the experience.
Thanks for the info. My main problem with the condoms was losing momentum, not really sensitivity while in action. But that comes into play too, to a lesser extent. I'll give that brand a try. Though later, because I'm not in that relationship anymore. :D

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow NewMan...great advice. Now why didn't *I* think of that? :D

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL...

Oh yeah - perhaps I should take the time to read ALL of the posts - well I'm in work, so forgive my "Bottom Line" approach.

Great minds think alike.....

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That used to happen to me when I was younger. Maybe its an age thing. I used to be in a hurry when I knew I was about to get sum. I would rush to find the rubber, try to keep kissing on her, take my pants off with one hand, then try and put the condom on while still trying to kiss/stimulate her.

Now, when I get her to the point Im ready to fukk, I stand up like a man, sometimes look her straight in the eye, take my time taking my clothes off, find the rubber (which I usually keep in a pocket when im at her house, or under the pillow at my house), I take my time putting on the rubber while I let her watch ( I think it builds anticipation). Next I grab her legs, spread em apart firmly, then I pull her to me (this is important I slide her to me, lets her feel my strength) and go to work ready or not. I think its a confidence thing. When I put the rubber on I know im getting the sex, she knows im getting the sex and shes always ready. If she gets a little dry put it in slowly and make shallow strokes. In a few minutes she will be wet.

I think this situation is the essence of DJ attitude, you just have to be confident. Know that you are the man, if shes dry so what she will get wet soon enough. Don't get me wrong, if shes dry wait till shes sufficiently wet before you start stroking her hard. But why panic or go through all those tricks to keep her wet.

brod716, I'm fukkin when I take off my clothes. I don't take my clothes off to fool around, I take my clothes off to fukk. If Im not fukkin whats the point in being naked. When I was in High school I was excited to get a kiss, suck on some titty or a get a little finger action. Forget that, Im a man. I don't wanna kiss or do anything unless im fukkin. Every time I get it up its her job to get it back down.

intel200

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some sex is better than no sex. Buy bulk condoms and unwrap that joint when u start to get really hot. Have the mutha already unwrapped! Sit it on top the wrapper in such a way that you can put it on most easily. Be sure to pay attention to which side is up, and then get right back to freakin. Unwrapping should only take 30 seconds max. Then, when its time, just slap that thang on. If u decide not to have sex, throw that mug away. If u buy in bulk, u may have lost about $1. The convenience is worth every penny!!!

Matt ala Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by princelydeeds
That used to happen to me when I was younger. Maybe its an age thing. I used to be in a hurry when I knew I was about to get sum. I would rush to find the rubber, try to keep kissing on her, take my pants off with one hand, then try and put the condom on while still trying to kiss/stimulate her.

Now, when I get her to the point Im ready to fukk, I stand up like a man, sometimes look her straight in the eye, take my time taking my clothes off, find the rubber (which I usually keep in a pocket when im at her house, or under the pillow at my house), I take my time putting on the rubber while I let her watch ( I think it builds anticipation). Next I grab her legs, spread em apart firmly, then I pull her to me (this is important I slide her to me, lets her feel my strength) and go to work ready or not. I think its a confidence thing. When I put the rubber on I know im getting the sex, she knows im getting the sex and shes always ready. If she gets a little dry put it in slowly and make shallow strokes. In a few minutes she will be wet.

I think this situation is the essence of DJ attitude, you just have to be confident. Know that you are the man, if shes dry so what she will get wet soon enough. Don't get me wrong, if shes dry wait till shes sufficiently wet before you start stroking her hard. But why panic or go through all those tricks to keep her wet.

brod716, I'm fukkin when I take off my clothes. I don't take my clothes off to fool around, I take my clothes off to fukk. If Im not fukkin whats the point in being naked. When I was in High school I was excited to get a kiss, suck on some titty or a get a little finger action. Forget that, Im a man. I don't wanna kiss or do anything unless im fukkin. Every time I get it up its her job to get it back down.
I couldn't say it any better than this!

I strongly concur!!

M.A.C.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you ever get your girl to play with herself while you watch? This is a great time to put on a condom.

brod716

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bugsquish
Don't you ever get your girl to play with herself while you watch? This is a great time to put on a condom.
I.............. W...I...S...H :p we're not there yet ;)

Healer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had this problem before. Usually I just penetrate her anyways, with a lubricate condom, but the better and more challenging way is to grab your condom then start going down on ther and as you licking her ***** you unwrap that badboy and put it on with your free hands. Its sometimes difficult because you cant see so you need to familiarize yourself with which way the condom goes on so you can do it without looking.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you got her horny enough she shouldn't have time to lose momentum. You'd need to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slooooooooow at puttin it on, in which case - go practise puttin them on quicker.

And practise gettin her hornier. Don't rush it. Lick her, take your time, slobber away ;) Not gonna dry up after that.