Take yourself out

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go explore your city. Go to movies by yourself. Go do things normally done in pairs of two, like dinner. Go out dancing by just yourself, become comfortable with you being your generator of fun, not others.

Go on adventures to nearby major cities. I live in Orlando, for instance; I like going to Daytona when I can, even mid-week, and Tampa Bay and Miami are top on my list for the future. I do it for ME. Good change of scenery, out of the routine of life, and it's adventuresome.

Tell people what you've done or what's in the works.

The more interesting YOUR life, the more other people will be drawn to it. But, whatever. The more interesting your life, the more you will interest yourself. More than anything, this post is about your life.

By taking yourself out, you get comfortable with socializing. This is one problem area I've been focusing on; while I spend a lot of time out in life, I still spent too much time on this damn Internet. I got over shyness, I got over appearance, but when it came time to asking a woman out, my mind would still struggle to find where a good place to go on a date. After a few weeks, my problem seems to be resolving itself. With my constant scoping out places to take myself, even for lunches, that mindset is carrying over to dates.

By taking yourself out, not only do you get comfortable with yourself, but you find good places to go. Going out with friends isn't a bad idea, but going out with friends generally hinders your ability to go where you want, you must yield to a group consensus, not to mention group outtings are often difficult to schedule.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good idea..

I have always yeilded to what my friends were doing.. I can always find little things to do, but that gets boring after awhile.

I see what you are saying with take yourself out. You can't depend on others for your source of entertainment.. plus you learn to get comfortable going places alone.

I will try it.. but my options of things to do around here are limited.

phloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice post Deep Dish. I've been trying to do this somewhat lately, but not as much as I should be. Pook said something similar sometime back to date yourself, however I like the way you put things into perspective. Very motivating.

Drow, I've been to Austin a few times and it seems like a pretty fun town to me. I've never taken a road trip by myself to a nearby town. Well, not just for a little adventure anyway, but you have plenty to choose from!

Anyway, I think I'm gonna go solo right now and go exlporing just for fun!

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i like this idea...

hey damn! i like this. i'll try it maybe... wa ha ha =)

~1~
oOh Nasty

ASav

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Deep Dish

I rarely go out by myself. But I should, **** what other people are doing.

This is good, I like this tip.

ApocalypseCow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Geez

From the title of this thread, I thought you were encouraging guys to commit suicide!

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason I've developed a taste for seeking out small, independent and ethnic restaurants, rather than chain restaurants. Non-chain restaurants, like a Greek restaurant, are such an experience in themselves and are exclusive to that area, whereas there is nothing special about a TGI Fridays, which can be found in any major city. Every day I go to work I drive by a Japanese sushi restaurant, and I really should eat over there soon.

Getting into the mindset of being accustomed to going out, is great.

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i took my self out to day

it was weird

i was talking to myself

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post! I actually missed this tip if it was in the bible, but I've recently started doing this anyway. For the first time in my life I've been frequently dating and with that I've found that I only know a few places, this results in duplicate dates and frankly I was getting bored of going to them lol. So I just started driving around to towns I've never been to, cities I never visit etc. It kind of got put on the backburner in this last month however due to college finals but now I'm free! So I'm going to continue this, I'm going to learn my own state inside and out, find those cool little restaurants or places I've been missing. Then I'll have a huge bag of tricks to reach for on future dates :)

phloyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you follow the advice of this post, things start to happen. Good things. You may want to fasten your safety belt.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good post. i should definately do this more often.