Tabula Rasa

Mission

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you may know what Tabula Rasa translates to, but for those of you who don't it means Blank Slate. I have this is my signature as it is my guiding thought everyday.

Tabula Rasa, wake up with this thought everymorning, it does not matter what happened yesterday today is a blank slate. You may have made mistakes yesterday, you may have made good decisions, anything could have happened, you do not erase your memories because you need them to learn from. However, you have to wake up everyday and write the story as you go along, starting with things you HAVE to remember, dates you have set, tests, assignments that are due to come up, if you are working out today, if it is a friends birthday, and the list goes on. However from there on you have to feel the day out, immediatly assess the moods of the people around you, because the way someone acted yesterday could change completly the next day, always strive to learn more about a person so it becomes easier to deal with them. Using Tabula Rasa will help you to become more spontaneous each day, wake up and say to yourself "today I am going to: kiss a girl, approach a girl, make a new friends, etc" all these little details will go far as it will help you set goals for each day.

The concept is simple, just start each new day refreshed and don't spend your day rehashing days past, or predicting days to come, live in the now.

--Mission

Jezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you - I myself use this life metality. It is nice to finally put a name to it.

Shapoopie

Don Juan
Reaction score
how do u pronounce "Tabula Rasa"?

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shapoopie said:
how do u pronounce "Tabula Rasa"?
"tab you la ross uh"

According to my latin teacher of many years ago.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
French Foreign Legion.