swimming

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a good body just by swimming not going to the gym.When I see those swimmers they look modest so do they just swimm or do they go to the gym also?

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the swimmers I knew in high school got their bodies from just swimming. I bet Olympic level swimmers probably do some weight training too, but not at the level of bodybuilders.

Swimming is great. It gives you a cardio workout and a muscular workout too. I powerlift, and I use it as my primary cardio exercise because I find it's one of the few cardio exercises that don't devour my strength.

So, yes, you can get a good body from swimming and a good diet. In fact, it's an excellent way to get the lean, kinda muscular look chicks seem to really dig.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I swam from age 9 to age 18 competitively...don't swim as much anymore, but it got me RIPPED!! :)

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
could I with swimming get the body of brad pitt in fight club?Can you gain a little muscle mass (aprox. 5 kilos)?

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by napoleon
could I with swimming get the body of brad pitt in fight club?Can you gain a little muscle mass (aprox. 5 kilos)?
It's funny how often I see people like you, asking if and how they can get a body like Brad Pitt from Fight Club.

He wasn't even strong, he was cut. Swimming is cardio, proper diet and swimming and you will lose weight.

Jesus, and I don't know **** about health and fitness :)

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My picture

I know he has no MASS but that's just what I want.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: My picture

Originally posted by napoleon
I know he has no MASS but that's just what I want.
So your asking if a cardiovascular activity is going to build mass?

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
do 100 laps twice a week while working out hard and you'll be one ripped motha fukkah.

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: My picture

Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
So your asking if a cardiovascular activity is going to build mass?

Swimming is not only a cardiovascular activity, it provides enough resistance that it WILL put mass on a small person. Or, in the case of an advanced lifter, I've found it keeps mass on. So yes, he can put mass on and get ripped by swimming, he just needs to stick with it and get on the right diet.

\m/

Don Juan
Reaction score
Swimming is labeled as the best all around workout that exists.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swimming is great!
I know couple of swimmers and they got good looking body just by swimming. It's really good way to stay lean.

If you are skinny, you'll get little weight when muscles grow bigger, but you must swim a lot to achieve that.

Swimmers bodies are quite good looking to chicks. They got the T-shape because shoulders are quite much involved in swimming.