sweating under pressure

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am like Robin Willams or Martin Lawrence when they do stand up - I sweat a lot when there is pressure and I am either 1. lying 2. don't know what im talking about 3. feel people are judging me

I can go through it ok, keep bs'ing or whatnot, its just that I realize that Im sweating and its making me more nervous, I mean i have beads coming down as I talk.. I start to think that's looking bad. One time I did a presentation on stock exchanges I had 0 idea wtf was going on and I poured a small waterfall right then.

anyone find a way to keep very cool under pressure when you used to sweat?

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
same thing happens to me.

I have a few SMALL tips...not sure if they'll work.

1. be prepared. be super ****y about your stuff. you are the expert, the MAN, the SH1T, the biggest baller in the room. If anyone asks a question, first thought to your head should be "what a fvcking tard. bring it on dumbass."

2. kinda repetitive, but do not respect others for the time you are giving a presentation. they are not worth your time. again, the key here is this forces a "don't give a sh1t what you think" mentality. you don't need their respect, attention. less anxiety.

3. be comfortable. the room is yours. if you're in a familiar environment you will be less anxious and nervous. why do people get stage fright? they don't get enough stage prescence. but perform enough and you will feel at home.

the common thread tying all 3 together is 1 fact: rage, anger, and hate. not healthy i'm sure some will say but it works for me. nothing gives me a bigger high than wanting to be better than everyone else. i channel this to help me turn my fear into rage and anger and strength.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, well there is one way, and if that works for you props to ya.

I remember presentations where I didn't get nervous at all. I did one about sports cars, I knew the topic in and out, and even when the teacher started throwing export questions my way I bs'd perfectly through it.

He told the class: "You are like fine wine, get better with time."

so yeah, if you know everything about what you are saying and are prepared, it will be ok.

But what about the time you are lying or not saying the whole truth?

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
give some examples man. i'm not sure what special situation you're in where you can't just say, "good question, i hadn't thought of that but i'll look into it and follow up with you."

often times if i don't know the answer to a question, i ask the person to rephrase it and i can answer it fine when they state it more directly. again here my mentality is "the tard probably can't verbalize his thoughts correctly. this is not a problem of my comprehension but of his question asking. this b1tch better rephrase his question or he can find out himself after i move onto the next question.":flowers:

sunlight

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could also have a mild hyperhidrosis which is unusually increased sweating. For some with hyperhidrosis: nervousness/anxiety can put the switch on. Cheers.