sweating a lot.

BongDuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
does anyone else here have a heavy sweat problem? whether its from being nervous, the temperature just a little too hot, or your cloths are a bit tight, what do you guys do to keep yourself from showing wet stains? what anti persperant do you use? not deodorant, but anti persperants

sparkogre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I had this problem. Prepare to eliminate it:

Armpits: Product called certain-dri. It might sting the first time you use it (or it might start stinging the 20th time, like it did for me) but it is wonderous. It might take like 5 nights to work (you apply it at bedtime) but it is wonderous. Even when I was totally sweating, either from exercise or social pressure, I had no pit stains. Make sure you use it every night.

Apply the certain dri, then wait for your pits to dry for a couple of minutes. Then put on a shirt and go to sleep.

For hands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc0pj2tf6_4

Do that twice everyday, just make sure your hands aren't touching the metal. Put duct tape over any parts of the metal that your wrists would be touching.

There ya go.

saturos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a prescription from your doctor for a proven, well accepted as effective anti-perspirant - drysol.
Certain-dri sounds similar, but i've heard of drysol, and many people i know can vouch for it.
Just ask your doctor, basically, and if he says its fine, just insist that you want something for it.

sparkogre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a prescription from your doctor for a proven, well accepted as effective anti-perspirant - drysol.
Certain-dri sounds similar, but i've heard of drysol, and many people i know can vouch for it.
Just ask your doctor, basically, and if he says its fine, just insist that you want something for it.
Don't waste your time. Just get certain-dri. I know you're probably thinking that because drysol is a prescription and certain-dri isn't, that drysol must be more effective, but certain-dri stops underarm sweat PERIOD. There's nothing more that can be done.

Trendsetter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Certain-dri won't fix hyperhidrosis. It'll stop it for a month or two but your armpits will adjust to it. Get botox. It'll cost about $600 per pit but you may get lucky and have your insurance cover it. I know people that have gotten botox and swear by it. I'm gonna do it as soon as I can afford to throw $1200 away on pit sweat.

G/L

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just chalk it up to living in a semi-tropical tourist trap and deal with it. Hell, I just use deoderant and make sure it doesn't smell. Bring on the sweat.