Surprising a Girl with flowers***ADVICE****

asaner85

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my first post in this forum. Nice to meet you all!!!

Let me let you guys in with the 411.
I have known this girl since mid june. She is my best friends cousin and he thought that we'll get along great. He was right!!! We started hanging out as "friends " to get to know each other better. Well, we basically are know dating, but not "official" ( we pretty much do everything that people do when they are in a serious relationship). She tells me that she doesnt want to get hurt again(looong story) but still she seems very into me.

So I've been trying to sweep her off her feet. This will be the first time I will be getting her flowers. Heres where I need some advice...... Tomorrow, like all this week, she will work late and I wanted to surprise her by sending her flowers. What flowers exactly should I get???? I mean I read somewhere that each type of flowers is for a specific occasion.

I'll Highly appreciate any coments.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
really flowers?
the guys here are going to advise you not to do this.

pink carnations means friends
red roses means romance
white roses means purity
and yellow roses means wait for me
thats all i know on what flowers mean

wouldnt you sweep her off her feet faster if you perhaps drew her a picture of a flower instead?
i dunno , maybe its just me

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GodsGiftToWomen
Sorry guys before I take my "break" i had to post in this thread... :p

--------------------------------

To the original poster... A nuke is about to be dropped on your head. Not from me. I'm done being a dvck. But best of luck to you and your flowers as you try to...win this girl. ;)
have you found disadvantages of this in the past? if so please explain to the poster

asaner85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
really flowers?
the guys here are going to advise you not to do this.

pink carnations means friends
red roses means romance
white roses means purity
and yellow roses means wait for me
thats all i know on what flowers mean

wouldnt you sweep her off her feet faster if you perhaps drew her a picture of a flower instead?
i dunno , maybe its just me

I know you shouldnt buy women gifts at an early relationship(they tend to see you as a "provider") But I dont have any idea other than that to show her that I was thinking about her or that I aprreciate her.

What about a simple text message telling her something that I was thinking about her???

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehehe Penkitten is right

Do romantic things sparingly and only as a reward for her good behaviour

Otherwise it is not challenging, she MAY appreciate it initially but it is ammo for certain death in the long run.

She will subconsciously think you are buying her attention

Give her the opportunity to chase you, she will find you increasingly attractive in this way.

Kaine

asaner85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GodsGiftToWomen
Sorry guys before I take my "break" i had to post in this thread... :p

--------------------------------

To the original poster... A nuke is about to be dropped on your head. Not from me. I'm done being a dvck. But best of luck to you and your flowers as you try to...win this girl. ;)

Im not trying to WIN this girl, By what it seems I have already won her. I just thought Ill make her feel appreciated. But looking at it in a different point of view, I have to agree with you guys. Im just trying to get different ideas to approch this. Thanks.

asaner85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaine
Hehehe Penkitten is right

Do romantic things sparingly and only as a reward for her good behaviour

Otherwise it is not challenging, she MAY appreciate it initially but it is ammo for certain death in the long run.

She will subconsciously think you are buying her attention

Give her the opportunity to chase you, she will find you increasingly attractive in this way.

Kaine
What exactly do you mean by letting her chase me????

Drewgie

Don Juan
Reaction score
www.doubleyourdating.com

Order this guys ebook. He didn't put as much in there as he could have (doesn't address kino much) but what he does include is solid gold. It's only 20 bucks for the book and you can have it right away, but in all truth I'd read all the articles here first. I wish I had discovered this site before I found DYD.

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by asaner85
Im not trying to WIN this girl, By what it seems I have already won her. I just thought Ill make her feel appreciated. But looking at it in a different point of view, I have to agree with you guys. Im just trying to get different ideas to approch this. Thanks.
So you want to sweep her off of her feet? You dont' use flowers for that my man. You use your eye contact, your lips, and your penis.
No I'm not being crude. I'm being serious. If she's into YOU, she will want YOU, not some boquet of flowers.
So you see, YOU are the present to give to her. Make a move. Isolate her, take her out for a walk, and then make good eye contact, smile, and she will be drawn into you...then you KISS her. That is how you sweep a girl off of her feet. Not with gifts.
If you give a girl gifts straight off you won't be sweeping them off of their feet, you'll be sweeping the floor infront of them, as a servant, so they don't dirty their feet. :(

Especially since you said that you've already won her. No gifts. Let me repeat no gifts. The only days you give flowers are her birthday, valentines, and your anniversary.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you dont need an ebook
simply letting a chick chase you makes her interest level in you sky high
if you chase her, it simply gets lower
she will think you will just chase her and she can do whatever she wants

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by letting her chase me????
Girls WANT to chase you. Once the HAVE you, you are no longer a challenge, and therefore no more fun. You need to make yourself busy. Make the time you spend with her QUALITY time. Don't hang out with her more than once or twice a week. Make her be THINKINIG about you. Make her WANT to see you.
You need to see yourself as the prize. She needs to gain YOUR approval. She should be chasing you.

asaner85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotcha!!! By her chasing me. Does this mean that if she calls me up, inviting me to hang out, should I say something like im busy??

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please no flowers.

You being with her is your way of showing you like her.

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotcha!!! By her chasing me. Does this mean that if she calls me up, inviting me to hang out, should I say something like im busy??
Not necessarily...I mean it's not a TOTAL game, right? But you shouldn't DO things for her, that you wouldn't do for anyone else, just because. If you do that, she'll begin to expect it, and then you'll become her lapdog. The chase will be over, and she'll dump you.

You just need to be busy in general, for real. Always have plans. Have a hobby that you are practicing fervently.
Like here's an example.
I go to school full-time, and I'm in the running to get into Med-school. That is my priority. On top of that, I do Mixed Martial arts, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training 4 days a week. I sing in a full choir twice a week, and a I volunteer one day a week.
THOSE are my priorities. Not my girl. I don't cancel my plans if a gril wants to hang out for me, UNLESS it's a special occassion. Usually girls will only get to hang out with me once a week. And because of that, they don't get bored.

asaner85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by nishbuk
Not necessarily...I mean it's not a TOTAL game, right? But you shouldn't DO things for her, that you wouldn't do for anyone else, just because. If you do that, she'll begin to expect it, and then you'll become her lapdog. The chase will be over, and she'll dump you.

You just need to be busy in general, for real. Always have plans. Have a hobby that you are practicing fervently.
Like here's an example.
I go to school full-time, and I'm in the running to get into Med-school. That is my priority. On top of that, I do Mixed Martial arts, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training 4 days a week. I sing in a full choir twice a week, and a I volunteer one day a week.
THOSE are my priorities. Not my girl. I don't cancel my plans if a gril wants to hang out for me, UNLESS it's a special occassion. Usually girls will only get to hang out with me once a week. And because of that, they don't get bored.

Great!! Thanks to everybody who posted!!

asaner85

Don Juan
Reaction score
One last thing. What about her calling me everyday.

Should I diss her often, like not answer? I dont want to seem like a loser that is just waiting to talk to her. She sometimes or most of the time calls And I am unable to answer the cellphone, either because Im not near it or its off. But I end up callling her back later.

We pretty much have been talking everyday on the phone at night for the last 2 weeks.

She says she really enjoys talking to me on the phone. Its not an obligational thing for us to call each other everyday. Its just that when we are about to hang up either I say "i'll give you a call tomorrow" or she says it. Or sometimes I say Ill give you a call and she ends up calling.

Like she just called right now and said she just got off work and will jump in the shower and she asked if it was OK if she called back when she's done. I said its cool to call me when shes done.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
As much as I hate faking disinterest, whether it's in the relationship, or in the PU, sometimes it needs to be done.

If you have a full, busy and balanced life, you won't need to fake disinterest or being too busy.

But if you don't, and you are always available for her, you're headed for trouble.

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When she is the one calling you

Reaching for your hand

Asking to hang out with you

Doing favors for you and buying you gifts FOR your attention

Then that is her chasing you

When she does something nice for you, then reciprocate with a little something. Its like a reward system.

People appreciate things that require effort, and she will appreciate your romantic gestures a lot more if she feels like she had to work for it.

Kaine