Supercharged sleeping for the constant tired

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to bed, alot on your mind, trying to get that damn good sleep that happen once every two weeks. Then when you actually fall asleep you sleep poorly and sometimes wakes up many times during the night. No matter what you do you can't find an answer to better sleeping. This is how my sleep has been, if you can relate, read on.

The thing is that normal sleep is not good for bulking or taking creatine. I am used to wake up and go to the bathroom many times per night and I have so much stuff on my mind that I can't sleep. Many people have this problem with too much on their mind.

8 hours off sleep. That's a third off your day condensed into one big block off sleeping. The next day all has to do with how good you sleep. It's a pressure to sleep good. And it's a pressure to wake up on time.

Now, have you ever noticed when you just lay down and sleep for an hour off two you sleep heavier and feel more refreashed? Yeah, it's a great feeling. Why not just have a few off these sessions a day?

I've had trouble sleeping for a long time and I'm finally gonna try this. I will sleep three blocks per day. Two smaller blocks with like 2 hours and one longer off four hours. I will not save any time on this I just want to sleep better. I've already started this and I feel alot more energized.

I'm not gonna have an exact schedule or anything but this is about how I want to sleep:

06.00 waking up
11.00 going to bed
13.00 waking up
18.00 going to bed
20.30 waking up.
02.30 going to bed.

If you are working try something like:

06.00 waking up
12.00 nap
12.30 waking up
16.00 sleeping
18.00 waking up
22.00 going to sleep
23.00 waking up
02.00 going to sleep

Or if that's a hassle:

06.00 waking up
12.00 nap
12.30 waking up
16.00 sleeping
18.00 waking up
01.00 going to sleep

Prsuming you are working 8 hour shift.

The benefits

* You have a more quality sleep; the deepest sleep is within the first two hours of sleeping.
* You can keep your body nourished much easier and have not one 8 hour block without getting food.
* You don't have to go to bathroom in the middle of your sleeping cycle.
* You stay fresh all day instead off waking up fresh and becoming more tired during the day until you collapse in bed.

Some other stuff I've noticed is to go to sleep at the moment you feel the tiredness coming over you. I mean not when you feel a little tired, I mean when you get sleepy. Don't fight nature.

Supplements which have helped me are great intake of vitamine C. At least 1000% of recommended daily intake (not any exact science, just eat ****loads off it, it's cheap and water bases so you cannot overdose). Buying Zink, magnesium and Vitamine B6 tablets (cheaper than buying actual ZMA) and taking them on empty stomach will also help sleeping. I mean any time you have an empty stomach you don't have to take it just before you go to sleep, it works anyway from my experience. The magnesium is less important than the zink too. As long as I get the zink down it promotes better sleep and some freaky dreams. But to be on the safe side take Zink, magnesium and B6 on the same time.

Last a disclaimer. I haven't actually tried any off this during a long period off time. Polyphased sleeping I have only been able to do under a maximum off two days when i didn't have time to sleep. I don't know if there are any long term side effects. I just invite you to try it out.

That's all. I hope this have helped you.

Lifeforce

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just one more thing.

If you still are tired after this you might have some off the following problems:

* Ill nourished - Make sure to get all vitamins and minerals
* Depression
* Lack off activity
* Too much going on, too high expectations from people all leading to bad stress
* Overtrained
etc...

The thing is not to sleep more. You have to take care off the separate problems.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't Leonardo DaVinci try this?

I wish I could try this but in every job I've been it is the 8AM-5PM (and many times much later) crowd.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont get how you can sleep like that. Whenever i fall sleep in the middle of the day (for 1-2 hours) i wake up feeling like i got hit by a semi and dragged on a ground for 10 miles. For the rest of the day my head hurts, i'm dizzy,dehydrated, disoriented, and look like ****.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Levex
I dont get how you can sleep like that. Whenever i fall sleep in the middle of the day (for 1-2 hours) i wake up feeling like i got hit by a semi and dragged on a ground for 10 miles. For the rest of the day my head hurts, i'm dizzy,dehydrated, disoriented, and look like ****.

I feel the same.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not forcing you to try it.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After school I comehome and usually passout for 2 or so hours. best sleep of my life[besides the occational sleep-in-class. lol]

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky
Didn't Leonardo DaVinci try this?

I wish I could try this but in every job I've been it is the 8AM-5PM (and many times much later) crowd.
so did kramer, taking leonardo's idea..

funny episode, check it out to see his excellent results..

(seinfeld.)

loveprefect

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think it kinda work for me too

although i dont have a fixed routine, cause my life is basically upside down in college...

i find short naps can act as super charge instead of the usual 8 hours sleep.

i feel laid back and relax after 2-3hours nap. actually i sleep whenever i feel like it
:D

usually 3 naps a day of 2-3hrs work the best for me.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by quest
so did kramer, taking leonardo's idea..

funny episode, check it out to see his excellent results..

(seinfeld.)
He slept 30 minutes every three hours. That's less than half the sleep I will sleep.

Loveprefect: Thats cool. How long have you been doing this?

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a good idea. but the problems are: - you often cannot take a 30minutes nap while working......either there is no silent room or there is not enough time to eat AND sleep. but mostly it is both. also dunno how it is in your neighborhood but my unemployed neighbours for example have a lot of grill "parties" in the summertime that i couldn't sleep during daytime because they are so loud.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the majority of sleep problems are caused because people force themselves to stay awake.

I've done it.

It's 9PM and your kicking back watching a little TV. You feel tired..... What do you do... force yourself to stay up...

I've changed.

When I'm tired I roll into bed and sleep.

If it's 9PM - I'll roll into my bed and goto sleep. Sometimes I wake up 30mins later and feel refreshed - other times I'll sleep throught to 5 or 6AM.

Now, my key is, when I wake up at 5AM the next day - I usually feel great - if I roll over and got back to sleep, I wake up at 7 and feel really crappy.....

So I get up when I wake up.

I also like to get 30mins of nap time around 6PM after I've eaten. Works like a charm.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan
Now, my key is, when I wake up at 5AM the next day - I usually feel great - if I roll over and got back to sleep, I wake up at 7 and feel really crappy.....

So I get up when I wake up.

dam, i often wake up say 7am (go to bed 11-12 takes me a while to get to sleep. Well i feel fairly good but still a bit tired so i cary on sleeping then by 9 or when ever i get up im feeling a bit crappy. I dont ussualy get great sleep although partly because im not feeling 100% these last few days. Its been months since i actuly got up feeling really fresh, i think when i was sleeping round my best freinds house one time a few months ago and then i woke up really feeling great even thou it was just normal time that i went to sleep and woke up.

On school days im never really feeling great because i wake up at 6:40 and thats to early for me as it must be 12 or latter by the time i actuly get to sleep.

But even when i get good sleep i ussualy am not feeling totaly great untill i get more active like go cycling or just go out with freinds.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wake up at 6:40 and thats to early for me as it must be 12 or latter by the time i actuly get to sleep.
That's your problem right there.

Your getting 6 hrs maybe - then being woken up b an alarm.

You've got to set-up a routine (much like everything else in life) and stick to it.

Try getting to bed by 11:45pm every night. Then gradually adjust your bed time after a week until you hit a good time for you.

I was the same as you - getting to bed after 12 most nights.

So I went to 11:45, then 11:30.... between 11 and 11:30 is a good time for me - and I wake up usually before my alarm every morning feeling great.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
REM-sleep is the most shallow of all sleep stages. You have 1 deep sleep cycle in about 2 hours and a short session of REM. When you sleep you go from stage to stage all night.

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes that is true your body will feel more refreshed, but without the proper amount of REM sleep, your memory will suffer

Reaction score
Just take melatonin pills.. They're not narcotic and they help increase the levels of melatonin(sleep hormone) in your body so you can sleep better and you usually wake up about an hour earlier than usual.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to have at least 4 hours of sleep a night to have the required REM to survive. Sleeping for only 2 hours in segments will mess you up.

loveprefect

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what is REM? anyone care to explain?

i dont find sleeping 2-3hrs affecting my memory or something...