Suggestion to those beginning weightlifting

benjiprice

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised at some of the questions that are being asked concerning weight-lifting in this forum, because they really show an absolute lack of effort put into researching the area. I'm sure most of those people have spent a ton of time researching information on dating, so I'm a little confused as to why they don't replicate that behavior regarding fitness.

There are a ton of resources online on excercises and diet (absolutely essential).

EDIT: First consult the stickies in the H&F forum, which have a ton of information written up by people with years of lifting experience. If you want any more information you can consult bodybuilding.com (especially their forums) and t-nation.com.

Those resources are for people at all levels, not just professional bodybuilders. So I really suggest that people put some more effort into it. If you don't you'll quit because you're not going to see the gains you expect, and then you'll probably blame it on genetics.

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask questions, but even though there are people who do know their **** here, they can't give you a complete view of things, because it's just too much information.

Please put the effort into it, it's for your own good.

Last edited:

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bodybuilding.com kinda sucks. Kinda hard to find the basics at t-nation.com

Just read the stickies here, they are pretty friggin good and good enough for people even at their more advanced stages of lifting.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree on diet. I used to eat just when I felt hungry and was wondering why I never grew. Once I really got into eating and huge amounts of protein no more did I think of myself as a hard gainer.

beercan

Don Juan
Reaction score
benjiprice said:
I'm a little surprised at some of the questions that are being asked concerning weight-lifting in this forum, because they really show an absolute lack of effort put into researching the area. I'm sure most of those people have spent a ton of time researching information on dating, so I'm a little confused as to why they don't replicate that behavior regarding fitness.

There are a ton of resources online on excercises and diet (absolutely essential), such as bodybuilding.com and t-nation.com. Those resources are for people at all levels, not just professional bodybuilders. So I really suggest that people put some more effort into it. If you don't you'll quit because you're not going to see the gains you expect, and then you'll probably blame it on genetics.

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask questions, but even though there are people who do know their **** here, they can't give you a complete view of things, because it's just too much information.

Please put the effort into it, it's for your own good.
¿¡WTF?!

¡Don't fall of that high horse, mate - you'll surely break your neck!

benjiprice

Don Juan
Reaction score
beercan said:
¿¡WTF?!

¡Don't fall of that high horse, mate - you'll surely break your neck!
Haha, you're right. Suggesting people get a better understanding of weight-lifting and nutrition is utterly arrogant of me.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the issue is your assumption that there is not good information to be found here.

There are a number of accomplished lifters on this board and lots of info has been posted. Quiksilver is doing a great job of trying to provide an 'index' of key posts.

There is nothing posted on bbing.com that you can't find on here - especially as regards the basics.

benjiprice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
I think the issue is your assumption that there is not good information to be found here.

There are a number of accomplished lifters on this board and lots of info has been posted. Quiksilver is doing a great job of trying to provide an 'index' of key posts.

There is nothing posted on bbing.com that you can't find on here - especially as regards the basics.
Ok, point accepted. I didn't mean it in that way, and I certainly should have included a reference to the stickies. Post edited accordingly.