Style.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you do choose the preppy look and you live around a lot of gangster wanna be people or black people who are in to the rap style, be prepared for some awkward looks and that kinda sh*t. Its not really a big deal, its just annoying cause of their ignorance.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by oakraiderz2
If you do choose the preppy look and you live around a lot of gangster wanna be people or black people who are in to the rap style, be prepared for some awkward looks and that kinda sh*t. Its not really a big deal, its just annoying cause of their ignorance.
the Preppy one isn't bad... thats kinda like "gangsta"

if you want an example of the preppy black look.. look at puff daddy... or Kanye west... they are the rappers that aren't "Gangsta rap".. they are the actually rappers that matter

they don't wear the matching hat.. to the matching shirt.. to the matching pants, to the matching shoes.. THAT IS GAY... when you see the WHOLE outfit like plaid or something

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MikeS
the Preppy one isn't bad... thats kinda like "gangsta"

if you want an example of the preppy black look.. look at puff daddy... or Kanye west... they are the rappers that aren't "Gangsta rap".. they are the actually rappers that matter

they don't wear the matching hat.. to the matching shirt.. to the matching pants, to the matching shoes.. THAT IS GAY... when you see the WHOLE outfit like plaid or something
Puff isnt really a preppy look. Wearing suits it gq sh*t. Kayne yea, but you cant tell me if some black gangsters some another black dude wearing a sweater vest with a dress shirt under it that they wouldnt give him crazy looks.

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If ur not down with abercrombie or hollister u should try BUCKLE (buckle.com) they have some good stuff there

Zod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by i am me
f*ck that haha. It really depends on where you live I guess. Most of the guys here where baggy clothes and alot just wear white or black tees. I kind of like wearing plain tees sometimes cus theyre cheap and they look good. It depends on what school you go to and who you are though.

No one's style is really "right". It's just their own style. Like for me, it's hard to understand how baggy clothes make you look like a loser but wearing TIGHT GIRLS pants doesn't. Again, though, that's just cus wear I live and who I am.

Viper, just figure out what works for you, tell us, and we could prolly give you tips on how to dress like that. Is most of that 185lbs muscle or fat? Cus at 5'9", u a heavy dude...
Well I live in white suburbia so maybe in the ghetto, hood, or slums it's different.

In my opinion though, if I saw anyone wearing a basketball jersey / wife beater down to their knees, or any shirt for that matter down to their knees I would find it peculiar.

I don't care who you are, and where you live, I wouldn't see why it would be any different.

Wear clothes that are your size and fit people, you shouldn't be having to pull up your pants every 10 second. Nor should t-shirts EVER pass the elbow (typically inbetween the shoulder and elbow are best), or the knees.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
/\I just noticed we both live in SoCal...but we must live in different areas because your style of dress is pretty different (not that its bad).

I don't wear shirts that go past my knees because that's too much of a statement for me (some people do that tho...). I have some shirts that go past the elbows but they look good. Keep in mind that some styles look better on certain races of people. I'm not a racist, it's just a fact. For example, when you see a white person wearing really baggy clothes, it usually catches your attention because it's a little unusual.

Anyway, we're all people here, and we all like girls so just use what works best for you in terms of looking your best

mike_0678

Don Juan
Reaction score
anyone sport the skater type shoes? i have a pair of white globes with white laces and i also have a set of brown laces to i like to switch em up.. everybody not just girls love to see someone on some nice CLEAN shoes, but i also go for the athletic type old running shoe's too.