Style

Peacebewithyou

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Need advice on clothing.

I was planning on wearing light khakis with a dark blue and grey sweater, brown belt, and brown shoes at this ceremony I have to attend.

Does this sound like a decent combo?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
This is just my 2 cents....

It might be too much of a contrast between dark on the top and light on the bottom. I tend to think of lighter color tops with khakis but that's me.

I would wear that sweater with black slacks. (Then black belt and black shoes.)

Of course, climate is a factor. I live where it's cold so we wear dark colors this time of year. (Actually I wear them all year lol.)

Peacebewithyou

Don Juan
Reaction score
How about light khakis with a blue, brown, and yellow striped button down under a dark blue sweater, brown belt, and brown shoes?

I really want to bust out the brown belt and brown shoes.

Also, I might just save the dark grey and blue sweater for the combo you have advised Mike.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
It sounds doable as long as the sweater isn't TOO dark.

You know how some navy blue clothing is so dark that you have to look at it in the light to tell if it's black or blue? Obviously, you want to avoid that shade with khakis lol. Otherwise, you are probably ok.

Brown shoes and brown belt are perfect for the khakis. No disagreement there. Although the belt style and color is moot because sweaters are always untucked and tend to cover up the belt. But defintely rock the brown shoes.