Stupid friends, arm wrestling, and nerds!

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys...I'm really needing your help on this girl...I'll try to keep it somewhat short...but I am NOT moving on...it's not one-itis either...and if it was...I'll manage to fight through it...she's my only option that is realistic at my school...so let's make this happen.

Background:

I met her last November...she is the sister of a good dude friend of mine...so I met her at a basketball game...BEFORE you say sutff about her brother...we're good friends...and he wouldn't mind at all if I dated her...

I did a GREAT job talking to her at the basketball game...I teased her...mainained high value...even got a good inside joke...when I went to school the next week she was all over me..to a good extent...wanting to talk to me whenever I passed her in the halls...etc...

Fast-foward to January...I'm at a basketball game...she calls me to sit with her...we talk pretty good...things are going well...BUT I've only talked to her twice here...which is something that I failed to think about...I always get ahead of myself...and by then I had already assumed that she liked me...

Big mistake...stupid...things take time...I rush things...I'm impatient...I've waited so long for success that I want it ASAP...

I started having a friend of hers ask if she liked me...what a moron...but all this didn't start up until around the Valentines Day Dance...

My friends asked her if she wanted to dance with me...I know..big AFC mistake...stupid...

But she said she would dance...and the next song.."Photograph"...we danced...and I will say it was on of the best three-four minutes I've had...AFC again...but I'm GOING to get this girl...so...I might as well not return to reality...I recognize where I'm at with one-itis...but I'm going to get her...or die trying one...*Not literally...I'm not gonna cut myself of anythin*

So then...after the dance...a friend asked if she liked me..and she said she "didn't know"..during this time...she was coming in my fourth period...to talk to another of her friends..then I continued my stupid behavior...I got nervous...and didn't talk to her much at all...and when I did...it wasn't the most enthralling conversation in the history of the universe...

As the school year ended...it got worse...I tried to get the courage for two or three weeks straight before school ended to ask her to a movie...and I know she could sense my desperation...which I hate that I was so stupid...and finally on the last day...my best friend told her I needed to talk to her...and she knew what was coming...but I left early...and never talked...so the summer began with her probably having a pretty bad taste in her mouth concerned with me...although she was still friendly..as she is to EVERYONE

Summer...I try to get girls...I don't. Wow! What a quick summary.

When school started...I did much better with her...not displaying much of the neediness..and making her laugh a lot...but I did talk to her a lot..and she is super friendly...so finally...she sits with me at lunch...she was next to me...my friend in front of us...I begin an arm wrestling thread in order to get me and her to arm-wrestle laster..he interrupts...and challenges me to arm wrestle! Moron. I lose. I'm strong..it's gay. I'm a football player. WTF?! I don't get it either. Then he gets KILLED by another dude at the table...and she reaches across the table and teaches him the proper technique...for like a hour...

She is also not being as responsive as she was earlier in the year...I need to kick things up a notch..her brother wants to help me with this...another problem..she is all over this HUGE NERD...who doesn't even DATE..I think she doesn't like him like that or anything..but it's hard to see her wanting to talk to him much more than me..she actually goes to talk to him when we're casually chatting..PAINFUL...

She did sit with me again today..but still not as receptive to the flirting..humor..and jokes...maybe it's my mind...maybe it's not...

I think there is hope..you decide. I need the help! I want this girl. Thank you guys!

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's hope, of course.

i'm not going to tell you how to do it though... i don't feel like typing too much.

do some searches.

go read up on some articles on the main site.

your problem isn't unique at all.

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the bible. Do a search. You've just wasted 10 months trying to get up the balls to ask one girl out. Kill that desperation, man.

What's the point of playing football if you aren't even getting laid?

Man Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Forms said:
Read the bible. Do a search. You've just wasted 10 months trying to get up the balls to ask one girl out. Kill that desperation, man.

What's the point of playing football if you aren't even getting laid?
He could always, y'know, enjoy playing the sport...

Stacks Of Terror

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man Man said:
He could always, y'know, enjoy playing the sport...
I'm skeptical but proceed...

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol at the football player gettign beat by the nerd.

now to add somehtign useful, depending on the girl you can screw up and it wont matter in the end this girl I met last year I told her I "liked" her after like the first month of knowing her, that went pretty bad then over last summer I games her and kept teasing her, built up a lot of tension, she was head over heels for me after some time, dont worry about the times youve screwed up.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest mistake was getting other people and best friends involved between you two. It kills the mystery and the chemistry between you two IMO. Asking her best friend if she likes you?? A lot of guys have done this, I did this too in the past, but it's a huge mistake and an attraction killer as well.

Second you're chasing her around too much and she can sense your neediness. She knows that she's got the upper hand, and thats completely the opposite of what being a DJ is about.

Third, why the hell are you stuck on this same girl all these months?? She likes another guy, she isn't giving you the same interest like she used to (no surprise of course). My advice start talking to other girls and lay off this one for a while. You're a football player, football players attract.

Also dont worry about losing to arm-wrestling, it's no big deal...unless you start acting all *****y and pissed about it showing that it bothered you. See arm-wrestling as a game. I really doubt you losing to the nerd is what killed her attraction...

Alkali

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I told you last time and I'm telling you again.

Leave you're friend's sister the **** alone!

She's not interested.

"I don't know know" means no.

If it's anything but "Yes," than assume it means no.

Even it's a flirtatious "maybe!"

Even if she did like you, she's your friend's sister.

You're not going to marry her.

You're going to create future akwardness (both the sister and her brother.)

Find someone else.

(That armwrestling but was hilarious though)

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update time:

One of our mutual friends found out that I liked her recently...and tried to convince her to date me...

The worst part about this is that I had no part in it...

She doesn't like me now...

It's not over yet...the dating game is very wishy-washy...I've had things not happen that should...

It's time for things to happen that shouldn't

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sandman6991 said:
Summer...I try to get girls...I don't. Wow! What a quick summary.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't "try" to get any girls...otherwise you probably could have got something. Instead you spent all summer worrying about one girl who is probably not all that special anyway.

Move on, if there are no more girls from your school start trying to get with girls from other schools. It shouldn't be too hard, your probably pretty athletic, and as long as you have a decent personality you should be able to pull hotties from other schools no problem.