Stuffed Up

DJBeginner

Reaction score
Okay, I've stuffed up.

Sat night, met up with my gf at a mutual friend's cousin's 21'st alot of her friends where there and her older brother. I'd had a few too many and was acting like a ****head. She got pissed off because I made myself and her look like fools.

Later on, to make it worse, she was driving through the city when a group of guys walked straight in front of her. She beeped, they got the keys out of the car. As I was a little too drunk to know what was going on (and not very street smart), I didn't do anything, except get into a fight with one of her friends a few minutes later.

I've already appologized a number of times (suffering from a real bad case of one-itis here). Oh, another thing.. I'm white, she's asian. Her brother didn't like the fact we were going out.. now hates it.

Any ideas on how to fix this mess up? Or should I just start going out and sharpen the DJ skills again? I'm not bothering her until she calls me.

Thanks.

Marf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Please control your drinking... it can really mess u up if u drink too much (happened to myself, so I know :p )... I drink with a bit of moderation now (though I have some absinth at home atm :cool: )

From what I can say... unless she still is interested u need to get some new chicks, this will also help with your oneitis (also remember that "love" is only a feeling, that you can ignore...) and will also get her jealous.

DJBeginner

Reaction score
hmmm it was absynth that did it... oh.. and 4 shots of bacardi 151 and tequila in the space of half an hour..

i know she's interested.. but she believes the cultural difference is gonna be way too much to handle... i thought it was fine though :\

Aisujin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, there is a lot to undertsand about the asian culture. My girl is asian too. A lot of it has to do with saving "face" and other traditional concepts. Thankfully I'm half asian so I kinda know what goin on. Best thing to do is to sit down and talk with her about the cultural differences. Usually you can work things out if you are both willing. BTW is she first generation? (usually more traditional)

Def. cut down on the drinking. Think about what you would rather lose... hot asian gf or a massive hangover the next morning.

Good job on not calling her again. Most guys would wuss out and call her 9 times.

DJBeginner

Reaction score
Hey, she was born in australia... however her older brother and parents were born in thier country.

We've started making a bit of smalltalk, however i know she's still quite upset (as she stayed up til 4am this morning :|). Also, I get the feeling she wants to leave, but her feelings are too strong.

Ok thanks,
Better go do some more uni work.