Stop drinking from plastic bottles!

david2006

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I've seen somewhere that Tito Ortiz contributes his success in getting the world title and banging Jenna Jameson to not drinking from plastic bottles, but I might have mixed him up with someone else since I'm having difficulty finding the link to where I heard about this...

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doggystyle said:
Smoking doesn't increase testosterone, its people with high testosterone are more prone to take up smoking
Thats not what the article says.

How do you get the idea that people with high testosterone tend to smoke more?

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't stop drinking from water bottles unless you start drinking tap water. When that shít will leave you more fúcked up than any known plastic.

So i'll stick with option 1.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, time to clear the air. The main problem with plastics is the person using it, and not the container itself. Not only this, but the plastic bottles that the original poster is most likely referring to are the "one-time use" bottles and not the bottles that you buy empty which are specifically made for storing water repeatedly. I have about 5 Nalgene water bottles that I have used for years without any adverse effects, period. In any event, I would invite you to read an article that I found a few days ago - it's directly relevant to the topic at hand, and I think that you'll find the inserts interesting.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dean23.htm

Here's an excerpt from a linked site:
Will a plastic bottle leach harmful substances into water if I reuse it?
Most convenience-size beverage bottles sold in the U.S. are made from polyethylene terephthalate (PET). The FDA has determined that PET meets standards for food-contact materials established by federal regulations and therefore permits the use of PET in food and beverage packaging for both single use and repeated use. FDA has evaluated test data that simulate long-term storage and that support repeated use.

The toxicological properties of PET and any compounds that might migrate under test conditions have also been well studied. The results of these tests demonstrate that PET is safe for its intended uses. (For details, see The Safety of Polyethylene Terephthalate.)
Source

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone think about this.

Go to your local gym. If you don't have a gym membership, then stop complaining about low testosterone levels.

Look around for the biggest, buffest guy you see there.

Check what hes drinking out of.

End of story.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheNewGuy said:
Everyone think about this.

Go to your local gym. If you don't have a gym membership, then stop complaining about low testosterone levels.

Look around for the biggest, buffest guy you see there.

Check what hes drinking out of.

End of story.
True DAT!!

I'll tell you what else...
Back in the Corps I cant even remember on one occasion drinking from anything BUT plastic. Hell, even my food was wrapped in plastic or served on plastic. Ditto for all my boys.

Funny thing is, we were nothing but a bunch of hardcore, crazy, bloodthirsty, testosterone pumped warriors reaking havoc and destruction on all who lay in our path. Talk about testosterone.

I still drink almost exclusively from plastic and have testosterone to spare.
Maybe I can offer you worrywarts some?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the gym so I can pump my guns and then reak some havoc on my girl.

david2006

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, it can be still considered safe even if it lowers your testosterone levels...

some dudes have too much testosterone - some up to the point that they should probably chew on plastic to lower it :), but some have a lack of, so this might be useful for them...

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They used to think leaded gasoline didn't affect the lead levels in blood

They used lead to preserve food about 60 years ago during an expedition thinking it was safe

Ancient women used a piece of lead instead of lipstick

It was assumed it was safe.

DDT was assumed to be safe

MSG and aspartame was assumed to be safe

Smoking was considered to be healthy

Sugar was considered to be a miracle-cure

Opium used to be given to teenage girls for the afternoon nap, cause the alcohol wasn't allowed

I can keep going... I just have better things to do. Teflon is being phased out right now - as a more recent example.

Just because some company puts it on the market doesn't mean it's safe or good for you.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ice Cold said:
They used to think leaded gasoline didn't affect the lead levels in blood

They used lead to preserve food about 60 years ago during an expedition thinking it was safe

Ancient women used a piece of lead instead of lipstick

It was assumed it was safe.

DDT was assumed to be safe

MSG and aspartame was assumed to be safe

Smoking was considered to be healthy

Sugar was considered to be a miracle-cure

Opium used to be given to teenage girls for the afternoon nap, cause the alcohol wasn't allowed

I can keep going... I just have better things to do. Teflon is being phased out right now - as a more recent example.

Just because some company puts it on the market doesn't mean it's safe or good for you.
Damn straight. I don't trust the FDA worth a crap, they're in the pockets of big business as much as anyone else.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe some of this is true maybe not, But I stopped drinking carbonated beverages and sugar drinks months ago and now drink nothing but water and milk occasionally. I've lost a handful of pounds in my waist and have slimmed down nicely. I'm not tired like I used to be and feel Great!!

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
Call me old-fashioned, but I'm a little bit wary of trusting medical advice from someone who uses the word "piss" in a public health article. I can see the instructions now:

1) Take a piss on this fvcking stick.
2) Send that sh!t to us.
3) In 14 days, we will tell you whether you're fvcked or not.

Someone move this to Health and Fitness where it belongs.
:crackup:

SamRi72

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is nearly impossible to avoid contact with these plastics altogether. What intrigued me the most was the possibility that these chemicals which are stored in fat can be detoxified. I've been raised on TV Dinners so I probly have a ****load of that evil stuff and I want it out. Someone with info please tell me where I can get Detox lol.

SamRi72

Don Juan
Reaction score
An example of one such substance is coffee. Coffee contains several components which aid in the detoxification of the body by stimulating the body's production of glutathione S-transferase.

Imma learn how to make coffee and maybe make an effort to drink it once a week. I rarely drink it as of now, and as I'm done growing, it really can't do much harm.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men's sperm counts have been dropping in recent decades, and it makes sense to point to environmental/biochemical causes. But the hormones in factory farmed cow, chicken etc. could be having a greater effect than plastics and toxic chemicals.

I personally avoid plastics for hot foods and drinks, and choose drinks in glass bottles when it's an option.

Dearl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya this is dumb...REAL dumb. How....How...Do plastic bottles get us men scared and stuff? Were talking about plastic bottles??? Only nerds would realise this. Cmon look at the facts here-

1. When sports players get tired, sittin on the bench or on time out what do they drink....Gatorade. Were is the Gatorade coming from??? Plastic!!! Either in the Package, in the Plastic bottle, or the lil plastic cops they get! Its all plastic. Them Guys be SWOLE as hell??? No harm as far as them and I are concerned.

2. I'm sipping water out of and ALDI's cup right now! I aint throwin nothin away!

3. Gatorade Commercials....Cmon self explainatory. These guys guzzle down what they need from plastic. It does more to help then to harm don't ya think???

4. Whateva you get from plastic is to help you as far as ingestion. Cmon now the product was made to help you and we trippin ova what its wraped in?? What else is there? It cant do much harm if the food/drink is to help you when the plastic does lil damage.

5. the only thing that got me scared is the prostate cancer. I'm not going for no prostate exam! So if I get cancer Ima die a happy Man! Don Juan Dammit!!!