Stole best friend's gf on accident. Interesting story.

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
didn't read many of the replies, just your first post
but to me, you didn't do anything wrong, ya best friend should know that they are bound to split, and once they do I honestly don't see any reason for you two to not get together, just as long as you two don't do anything before they do split it's all good

EDIT: but remember that if you end up choosing between the two then choose your best friend since he's been there and will be there when you were and will be in need
hopefully it won't come down to that and he's a cool guy

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of best friend flirts with his best mates GF?

Funny you consider yourself even a friend... anyway if you do you should drop her, and not tell him he should understand, because maybe you're the clueless one then at that time...

Albion10

Don Juan
Reaction score
On accident? You flirted with her, there was no accident. If you were my 'friend' and did this to me, you'd be bloodied. I mean, how dare you come here looking for justification from us much less advice on how to move on with it.

Now, the only thing that's holding her back from straight up leaving him and going with me, are these "unwritten rules of dating". Where you don't date your friend's gf, and where you don't date friend's ex's, in which the second one is stupid to me. A friend had a girl and now she's off limits forever? Stupid.
Well look at it like this. Your girlfriend, the girl you love. dumps you and starts dating your friend. Not only that but to pour salt on the wound you find out that he was making a move on her while you and her were still together. How would you feel? Could you ever face either of them again without malice? What kind of person could do a thing like that to a friend, hey?

There's a whole lot more to life then scamming chicks and getting laid. Don't lose site of that!

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
I should have made this thread a while ago, when all this was first starting, but oh well.

It seems that my awesome-ness has caused my best friend's gf to fall for me. At first, I tried to discourage her, and told her not to think about me that way, to stay with my friend, etc. It didn't really work.

Now, the three of us would hang out all the time. Chill in my dorm, go to the movies, go eat, drive around. And everytime we were together, me and her would constantly flirt. I guess I just couldn't help myself. But her... wow, she's brave. She'd do it right in front of him! Anyone could plainly see what we were doing, but he'd never say anything. Up to this day, he's never commented on it. Maybe he really is that clueless? I dunno.

So we'd flirt, and we'd talk on the phone, and we eventually figured out we really liked each other. Add on the fact that their relationship was kind of falling apart already, and then I came along and accelerated it. I felt kinda bad about that, but even if I tried to stay out of this, she'd still like me, so they were doomed either way.

Fast forward to this week. Currently, they're pretty much over without knowing it. She feels no attraction for him at all. She doesn't look at him when he's talking to her. She can't even stand to kiss him, she always pulls away. Either he's really that stupid and can't pick up on those obvious signals, or he just can't let go. In his eyes, they're still 'together', and he thinks it can come back. I doubt it.

On Monday, she came over to my dorm, alone, and we were going to study some stuff she needed to know for work. Heh, so much for that. We ended up making out and such for about 2 hours. First time we ever went that far, and also, first time I made out with someone for more than 15 seconds. Don't ask. Anyway, that was fantastic.

Next night, she called me, and we basically talked about "What the hell did we just do?". Now, all through this whole thing, we've talked about how we shouldn't really do this, and how messed up it is for my friend. My reasoning is that he wasn't strong enough to keep her, and I just happen to be a better catch for her. Makes sense right?

Now, the only thing that's holding her back from straight up leaving him and going with me, are these "unwritten rules of dating". Where you don't date your friend's gf, and where you don't date friend's ex's, in which the second one is stupid to me. A friend had a girl and now she's off limits forever? Stupid.

Its like, her head is telling her this is wrong, but her heart is telling her its oh so right. She's trying sooooo hard to resist me, but she gives in sometimes, like on monday. A girl is governed by her emotions, right? She's torn in half here. She wants me, she really really does. But with all the circumstances surrounding that, she just can't seem to take the leap. And I think she's a very strong person for that.

I talked to my friend the other day, and I was asking him about their relationship. He basically said that she hardly talks to him about anything anymore, but she'll talk to me and her friends. So I asked him if he thinks they might break up, and what would he do if they did. He said that he would understand if they did, and he hopes it doesn't happen anytime soon, but he could see it happening. And if it does, he said "That's life man. I'll just roll with it". Ok, so maybe he isn't quite as clueless as I thought. It doesn't seem like he'd be amazingly hurt if they did break up, but I wonder if he'd be mad if I go with her. Btw, he'd have no problems finding a new girl. He's sort of a natural, at least with getting them. Obviously, not as good with keeping them.

Her and I planned to meet up again on Wednesday night, but she ended up working late, till like 10:30. Her family won't let her go out that late. Guess we can try again tonight or tommorow. Maybe on the weekend. So it seems like her emotions are starting to take over her mind. No doubt that if she did come over again, we'd just make out even longer, or move on to other things...

So. What do you guys think? I'm a horrible friend and person? I should keep going for it? It's his own fault? Forget about this girl and move on? I don't have oneitis for her or anything, and I don't feel like I'd really be hurt if this doesn't work out, but I'd immensly prefer if it did. I've already gotten more good out of this whole thing than bad, so I'd call it a positive experience overall.

Anything else you guys need to know, just ask. Otherwise, any input is great, so bring it on. I'd really like to see the general opinion on this.
You don't f*ck with your bro's girl, period. You say you intentionally flirted with her in front of him. I don't care if he didn't notice. You just don't do it.

She's obviously not a worthy girl by what she's doing, and to be honest, you're not a worthy friend.

Don't lose your bro for this chick, because believe me in a couple weeks someone like me is going to come along and snag this b*tch from you and f*ck her anyway.

Your bro on the other hand will be on your side, and that's why you shouldn't throw away that for some cheap p*ssy.

You're going to stop hanging out with this broad, tell your friend what happened, and move on. If you were my best friend, I'd beat your ass and never trust you again.

Don't f*ck up like this again.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man this is so fvkced up, im just speechless.

From the the title of the post itself, you feel no regret. I doubt you'll feel remorse at all when your friendship ends with the guy.
Sounds to me like you were hanging out with those 2 for the sheer reason you hoped to backstab him and steal his girl from under his nose. so obviously you knew what you were doing.

What the fvck happened to bros before hoes?

Dont know what kind of friend you are, But I make it a general rule to never be the third wheel, especially not with my friend and his gf.
A) Im putting myself in an awkward position
B) They're put in an akward situation

There are exceptions I make to hanging out with my friend and his gf IF:

There is a 4th OR MORE person in the picture, either a double date outing, or if there if it's a bunch of people/friends + my friend and gf.
Sorry if im being tough but i dont respect people who steal their best friend's GF.

yngad

Don Juan
Reaction score
think about this ... how many chicks are you going to **** in your life? hopefully/probably alot but how many best friends are you going to have? yeah ur bf dropped the ball but when your at a bar or out kicking it and some guy wants to beat your ass who's going to step in? or later on after you've ****ed this girl for 2-3 months and she moved on who are you going to hang out w/?

you might win for a few months if that but afterwards you've lost alot more. i wouldn't do that **** to any of my best friends.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
I should have made this thread a while ago, when all this was first starting, but oh well.

It seems that my awesome-ness has caused my best friend's gf to fall for me. At first, I tried to discourage her, and told her not to think about me that way, to stay with my friend, etc. It didn't really work.

Now, the three of us would hang out all the time. Chill in my dorm, go to the movies, go eat, drive around. And everytime we were together, me and her would constantly flirt. I guess I just couldn't help myself. But her... wow, she's brave. She'd do it right in front of him! Anyone could plainly see what we were doing, but he'd never say anything. Up to this day, he's never commented on it. Maybe he really is that clueless? I dunno.
Yeah, sounds like "by accident" to me. Sounds like you knew exactly what was going on.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Like it matters at this point, but anyway: We aren't "best friends" in the sense you guys are thinking. If anything, we just hang out more than we do with any of our other friends. We don't have a deeper or longer-running connection than we do with any of our other friends. Maybe that'll clear up a few things.

Also, did you guys just not read my latest post? I said I was going to back off this thing. Let it work itself out. I figured that was best, and I figured you'd all be pleased. But whatever, I'm not doing it for you guys.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try and rationalize it to yourself anymore.

Bottom line, you are going to lose a friend over this. Right or wrong, it doesn't matter. If you stay away from the girl you may be able to salvage the friendship . . . but don't pretend you will be able to rationalize your actions to him.

That is not going to matter to him. If you really want to be with her, just do it, but you will lose a friend over her.

Seeing as you have never made out with a girl I can see where this is heading . . . you will lose her within the year . . . then you will be without friends and without girl.

syed

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
Ok...

I'm turning the idea in my head, and I think I'm going to step back from this one. I'm not closing off the option just yet, but I'm gonna wait on it. I'll let her figure out what she wants without my input, and we'll see what happens. If she comes to me after they've "officially" been broken up, for a while, and talks about getting together, there should be no problems. I'm sure he'll have moved on and found another girl by then, and he might even be happy for us. Even if they aren't together anymore, they're going to be friends. He SHOULD be happy that two of his friends are happy together, right?
Wrong.

Dude, don't do this because you want to please us guys on sosuave.com/nerd. Alright? Who the **** are we? You know? Do it for yourself. Now think about this:

Scenario 1: You "back off". They officially break up. After a couple of weeks, she decides not to get together with you. You both move on.
OR
Scenario 2: You tell her right now that what you are doing is wrong, and that you refuse to treat a friend like this, and that you both will move on.

What's so honorable about "backing off" and letting her decide for herself? This is just the "easy way out". That's not being a good friend. It's terrible, man. So, basically, if she had wanted to start something with you, you'd be ok with it? How about manning up and standing up for your friend? Having morals and loyalty and enforcing them, rather than enforcing them by happenstance?

You decide for yourself.

EDIT: And frankly, you dont even need to reply to this post. I don't want to know what decision you make. Just make sure it's one that you actually believe in, and have thought through to the fullest. Because this **** isnt a video game...people's lives are going to change. Peace, man.

dynamicallyidle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite simply, don't take her. Sorry dude. Control yourself. If this guy is your BEST FRIEND, tell him you think his gf is hitting on you, in a major way, and try to feel out whether he would be okay with you guys going out.

If he's cool, he'll say he'd be fine with it.

After he says this, cut the ***** out of your life anyway. Friends are forever. You're too young to understand this.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao! Too young to understand. Ok. XD

Look guys, I just spent some time with him last night, and he started telling me about her and him just out of nowhere. Basically, he said he's just waiting for a reason to break up with her. That kinda surprised me. He told me about some other girls he's thinking about getting with, and how she just doesn't really make him "feel it" anymore. Heh, seems to be on both sides then.

So yea, things are going to happen whether I want them to or not. I'm going to have to go against most of you guys, and say that I think this is all going to work out. I may not get the girl, but I'll still have my friend. I feel pretty good about that.

Always assuming the worst... come on guys, Don Juans are supposed to be positive. ^_^

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guys usually aren't too appreciative if you go for their exes either.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
guys usually aren't too appreciative if you go for their exes either.
True, but at that point, its not my problem anymore. I'm not responsible for my friend's insecurity over his ex's, if he is insecure. Gotta move on.

Besides, I'd let him know about it first.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's college, you're young, and you messed up. In my opinion, you're not to blame, neither is your friend, both of you got attracted to the same girl and she played you both. As it stands now, the only person who will walk out of this thing without losing anything is her, and that's because she has nothing invested.

I also wouldn't take it with a grain of salt when she says she worked late or her parents wont let her go out. Girls that play around like this have a tiny book that holds a million of excuses.

Pretty soon, you'll see that cold side of her that your friend always sees, because now she knows she can have you all the way, and there's nothing left to take for her to feed her ego.

My advice, let this one go and next time don't hunt so close to home.

best of luck

-Mind