Stoicism and Dating: A Match

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
It's OVER for SubZCels.
As stated here https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...-you-are-the-prize.282259/page-3#post-3122206 and elsewhere, women frequently WILL start making moves on men who put effort into themselves, no matter where they're at in life at the moment

He who doesn't give a fu-k usually doesn't get a fu-k. :rolleyes:
More importantly, a guy who doesn't at least LOOK like he hasn't given up on life isn't going to increase his prospects for the rest of humanity giving him what he wants. There's a big difference between a mindset which goes something like "I do want everyone to love and approve of me, and I also recognize that not everyone will, so I'm going to do whatever I can to influence the 80% who are reachable" vs The Manosphere large segments of The Manosphere have poisoned the minds of many gullible guys with: "The Gynocentric Feminine Primary Social Order is rigged against me, therefore I'm entitled to walk around in public looking like I sleep underneath a bridge"

Which is really just a male version of the sort of warped thinking espoused by Intersectional Feminists https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...ieved-long-time-let-shrink-my-life-lindy-west

Last edited:

holidayad_

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with Stoicism is that if your not careful you can arrive in a constant state of apathy , so balancing hope and faith whilst being simultaneously outcome independent is not an easy mindset too master
Agree. Not the easiest thing to control.

On the other hand, imo this state of apathy would help a person to achieve the state of aloofness that we sometimes describe as an "ideal" thing to have to attract women.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree. Not the easiest thing to control.

On the other hand, imo this state of apathy would help a person to achieve the state of aloofness that we sometimes describe as an "ideal" thing to have to attract women.
It will attract women you don't really want for sure

Also has serious implications on other aspects of your life