Stockholm

Sam Adams

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I just arrived in Stockholm yesterday and I'm spending the summer working here. Stockholm's women have lived up to their reputation as absolutely stunning. A lot of very pretty girls and some have just made my jaw drop.

My problem is that it seems that these women aren't nearly as open to being approached as american girls. When I use an opener on them to try to start conversation they appear slightly nervous even if it is something as simple as I'm new here is there any good restaurants around here, that I can grab lunch at. American girls will at least return my smile.

Is anyone from Sweden/Stockholm and have any advice to me about opening up and starting and # closing Swedish women? I'm not expert but I do fairly well in America and I can get the number most of the time with American girls. Does anyone live in Sweden/Stockholm and/or have any experience with the women here? I think once I can get them to relax in our opening conversation I'll be alright.

Sam Adams

Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on someone has to have some experience with Stockholm, Sweden, or Scandinavia in general.

In Motion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaah yes. The wonders of Scandinavia, I live in Norway myself. I havent really thought so much about it but when you mention it, its sorta true. Now, just so you know, the nicest swedes live in Norway and are all behind cashregisters in fashion stores.

Anyways, obviously it varies alot. Some are open and fun loving while others are nervous and shy. But the majority of girls tend to have an extra nervous personality for some unkown reason, its the 'scandinavian factor'.

There is no trick to getting these girls, but C&F doesn't work so well with them, they dont respond to it as much as american girls. Also, the fact that you are speaking english to them might stir them slightly, maybe they are ashamed of their accent? :p
Also, it all depends on what you are trying to do, be a bit more specific and Ill help you, feel free to use examples, it all depends on the situation. Also, when you first hit it off with a scandinavian girl they are simply fantastic, open and funlovin. The trick is to get them to open up, this relies alot on the first impression. You make a bad first impression, you are OUT. But first get them to open up and THEN start gaming them.

Sam Adams

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I haven't even gotten to the point where I could game them. Most of my game was C&F so it could give me some trouble. Haven't really tried anything other than simple advice questions. On american girls I usually start like that and then poke fun of their responses and/or ask more conversation and follow up questions.

Tomorrow I was thinking of trying something new. I was thinking of starting with a sincere compliment in the hopes that it will make them less shy and put a smile on their face. Then I would try to go as I normally do. Something like, "I have to tell you, you have fascinating eyes."

"Thank you."

"But I also have to ask, I'm new here and I'm trying to find (insert here) could you give me some advice."

I was thinking this would relax them some more. For American girls my only goal for the first reaction is to talk to them for a few minutes, make them laugh once or twice, then get the number before it drags on. But for some reason I can't even get my smile returned from these girls. And now that I mention it, the guys I talk to won't return my smile either. Maybe my looks just aren't up to the Stockholm standard.

Any advice you have would be great.

In Motion said:
Aaah yes. The wonders of Scandinavia, I live in Norway myself. I havent really thought so much about it but when you mention it, its sorta true. Now, just so you know, the nicest swedes live in Norway and are all behind cashregisters in fashion stores.

Anyways, obviously it varies alot. Some are open and fun loving while others are nervous and shy. But the majority of girls tend to have an extra nervous personality for some unkown reason, its the 'scandinavian factor'.

There is no trick to getting these girls, but C&F doesn't work so well with them, they dont respond to it as much as american girls. Also, the fact that you are speaking english to them might stir them slightly, maybe they are ashamed of their accent? :p
Also, it all depends on what you are trying to do, be a bit more specific and Ill help you, feel free to use examples, it all depends on the situation. Also, when you first hit it off with a scandinavian girl they are simply fantastic, open and funlovin. The trick is to get them to open up, this relies alot on the first impression. You make a bad first impression, you are OUT. But first get them to open up and THEN start gaming them.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm also Norwegian. Scandinavians are in general uptight, cold and sceptical to any social contact.

Ok, it's not that bad. But basically every single American I've talked to says the same thing as you, and they're all more outgoing than us Norwegians. I work at a supermarket, and I always get surprised when I get a customer who actually strikes up a conversation. Most foreigners aren't afraid to do the same thing.

And yes, Swedish girls are absolutely stunning.