Steroids & The Alpha Male

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
020204 said:
Steroid use is becoming more common and it seems to becoming that way for much older guys, doctors are often prescribing test replacement and various things. I saw something about the masters are the fastest growing competition in Bodybuilding, I think the easy availability may have something to do with it. As for being natural, it is becoming a farce literally, virtually everyone advertising or endorsing bodybuilding supps arent using supps at all. One thing I have notised about Crossfitters is that many are former bodybuilders, very few seem to have got that way from Crossfit alone. In terms of natural I think this guy is pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&hl=en-GB&v=ruR1HLYLNT8
older men can get it legally prescribed as "anti aging therapy" or "hormone replacement therapy".

also powerful prohormones are legal to buy at supplement stores, they convert to a steroid once ingested.

even scott herman looks like he may have done a cycle or two.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
020204 said:
One thing I have notised about Crossfitters is that many are former bodybuilders, very few seem to have got that way from Crossfit alone.
People who say sh1t like this don't even know what crossfit is.

Crossfit incorporates Heavy Heavy weightlifting as a core foundation of its practice.

We do Deadlifts, Squats (Front, Back, Overhead, Pistols), Presses (Bench, Strict Overhead, Push, Thrusters), Cleans (Power, Squat), Jerks (Push, Split), Snatch (Strict, Power) et al multiple times every single week.

The other core component of CF is gymnastics i.e. pullups, pushups, muscleups, handstand pushups etc. We do these multiple times every week. Weighted. Crossfit builds muscle dude, if you haven't done it you don't know it.

Now, what is the absolute best way to get a freaking awesome body in 3 months?

Simple:
"train six days a week, no exceptions

train twice a day if possible

use heavy compound movements to gain size, then circuits and complexes to refine it

eat big to get big, and eat paleo to get ripped"
Its all here in this awesome Chaos & Pain article~ http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/dude-so-and-so-got-so-****ing-jacked.html

N.B. These actors like Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hardy probably did use steroid, but I mean, at least they were getting paid millions of dollars to ruin their health.

If you take steroids for a role in a movie or to dominate an elite sport, I can respect that, coz at least you're makin bank, and $$$>b1tches

But just to look swole so you can pick up chicks? That's the definition of douchebag in my opinion.

I mean, to ruin your hormonal health just for women? That's worse than AFC, that's fvcking stupidity on a whole nother level

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I, do have a pretty good knowledge of Crossfit and have done a few routines. I do not agree with cutting out bench press or the kipping chinups. I do believe that there should be a happy medium, between weights and cross fit. I like the way concept 2 rowers and olympic rings are used. The price people pay to join is rediculous and many people are clearly being screwed. Sure people who have never exercised may recquire extra tuition, to charge what they are charging is a little steep. I think Scott is probably borderline natural. In Australia there are lots of supplement shops opening up, and sales of supps are pretty good. This is also an indication that there is a resurgence in Bodybuilding, people are now buying steroids online. With doctors possibly even encouraging the use in some cases, it seems there is more of it now than ever.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jay07, I never heard the term "hard gainer" before. No doubt you have a preponderance of slow-twitch (red, aerobic) muscle. Why not go with your strengths? Take up running and swimming and drop the bad habit of gym ratting.

I'm hearing consistently bad advice here. Muscle tissue takes 2 days to repair. That's how muscles grow bigger -- by repairing damaged strands with more fibers per bundle. No way anyone should exercise every day, much less twice a day. Exercising too often is the best way to accumulate damage and make yourself susceptible to a bad injury.

Here's my opinion of ingesting a substance because others are said to admire it.

Shallow, superficial people get into gymnasiums and tanning salons to brag and peacock because they don't do hard work out in the sunshine and fresh air for the benefit of others.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Down Low said:
jay07, I never heard the term "hard gainer" before. No doubt you have a preponderance of slow-twitch (red, aerobic) muscle. Why not go with your strengths? Take up running and swimming and drop the bad habit of gym ratting.

I'm hearing consistently bad advice here. Muscle tissue takes 2 days to repair. That's how muscles grow bigger -- by repairing damaged strands with more fibers per bundle. No way anyone should exercise every day, much less twice a day. Exercising too often is the best way to accumulate damage and make yourself susceptible to a bad injury.

Here's my opinion of ingesting a substance because others are said to admire it.

Shallow, superficial people get into gymnasiums and tanning salons to brag and peacock because they don't do hard work out in the sunshine and fresh air for the benefit of others.
hardgainer is another term for an ectomoprph body type- which burns a lot of kCals while resting. They have ramped up metabolisms and have trouble gaining weight because they must eat a lot to do so. In other words, they are very lucky, its not that common of a body type. Less frequently seen than mesomorph and endomorph.

Downlow im not gonna argue with you here, you need proper rest to grow bigger. However, sure it takes 1-2 days depending on what your eating. IF your eating under your matienence then youll recover slower, eating over will help you recover faster. Plus everyones body is different, thats just a general statement that it takes 2 days to recover. Also you're not working out the same body party every day. For example if you do Chest one day and then back the next, sure your chest will be sore but you dont need your chest to lift back do you? Completely different movements, push vs pull. Ergo you only need 1-3 rest days, depending on what you are doing. Of course if your form is wrong then youll end up working a body part you didnt intend to do. I see this all the time where people throw the barbells while doing biceps only to work shoulders -___- slow controlled movements is how you lift.

Young kids think that taking steroids will just magically make them bigger, WRONG. Diet and discipline will make you bigger, stronger, and faster. Then when you get to the age of 26+ and want to mess with anabolics then go ahead, with the right research. Ive said it before and ive said it again, you must work harder on steroids to actually see results.

Hey mojo, what do you do for cross fit? Ive been curious about crossfit for awhile, i want to incorporate it when i cut up for the summer. Single digit body fat is the goal :D.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you can train more regular if, a) you don't hammer every single body part into the ground to failure. i.e. if you stay in the 2-5 rep range, and don't go crazy trying to hammer all the minor muscle groups to fatigue with isolation exercises, b) if you eat like a horse, and c) get 10 hours quality sleep every day/night.

Crossfit is awesome to help cut up, and there's heaps of variety to keep you entertained, and heaps of competition to keep it intense. Often the WOD (workout of the day) is like a circuit, whereby you have to do so many repetitions of a oly weight lifting complex/sub-complex (snatch, c&j, front or over head squat, push press, thruster, deadlift, clean etc), so many reps of a gymnastics exercise (pullups, pushups, muscleups, handstand pushups etc) and some proscribed amount of cardio (e.g. sprint 400m or do 50 double unders), and then you see either how many rounds of that you can do in a set time (AMRAP), or else measure how much time it takes for you to do a set amount of rounds (For Time).

But other days we'll just devote purely to strength, by doing like 5x5's or 1RM. Sometimes we'll do 1RM's or strength sets first and then finish with a mini-WOD for dessert. And then very occassionally we'll just do cardio i.e. 4x500m row. But its always competitive and there's camaraderie to beat your friend or to encourage him on to a good score. Its worth doing if you want to cut up into single digit body fat figures.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
d!ckmojo said:
Yeah, you can train more regular if, a) you don't hammer every single body part into the ground to failure. i.e. if you stay in the 2-5 rep range, and don't go crazy trying to hammer all the minor muscle groups to fatigue with isolation exercises, b) if you eat like a horse, and c) get 10 hours quality sleep every day/night.

Crossfit is awesome to help cut up, and there's heaps of variety to keep you entertained, and heaps of competition to keep it intense. Often the WOD (workout of the day) is like a circuit, whereby you have to do so many repetitions of a oly weight lifting complex/sub-complex (snatch, c&j, front or over head squat, push press, thruster, deadlift, clean etc), so many reps of a gymnastics exercise (pullups, pushups, muscleups, handstand pushups etc) and some proscribed amount of cardio (e.g. sprint 400m or do 50 double unders), and then you see either how many rounds of that you can do in a set time (AMRAP), or else measure how much time it takes for you to do a set amount of rounds (For Time).

But other days we'll just devote purely to strength, by doing like 5x5's or 1RM. Sometimes we'll do 1RM's or strength sets first and then finish with a mini-WOD for dessert. And then very occassionally we'll just do cardio i.e. 4x500m row. But its always competitive and there's camaraderie to beat your friend or to encourage him on to a good score. Its worth doing if you want to cut up into single digit body fat figures.

well if your doing strength then its not true cross fit :D crossfit is high, intense, rep training with minimal rest. Strength training is heavy weight, less reps. Anyway, mhm im 180 right now at 11-12% i I got down to 9% id really think that would be impressive, especially since I started out being overweight . But actually I like what your saying here its like a hybrid crossfit with heavy lifting ..... interesting.

TheWolfMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
5 day split, saturday and sunday off. No need to train twice a day. Hit one muscle group each day i.e. Monday: Chest+Tri's, Tuesday:Back + Bi's, Wednesday: Legs+Lower body, Thursday: Shoulders, Friday: Plyometrics + Boxing. I usually do about 10-15 minutes of cardio after each workout. Also Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 program is great for building strength and size, YOU WILL GET BIG on this program. Also he preaches that every 4th week you do a deload program, low weight/higher reps just to maintain. Take a week off to fully recover after 8 weeks.