Status games

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's another newbie DJ tip - about how to play the status game in your favor.

Let's backtrack to female psychology 101 - Rule 1 is that the high-status guy gets the most female interest. It doesn't mean he can pull any chick in the room, but it does mean that if a guy is an obvious alpha, then *most* chicks will be more interested than not.

So why does this matter? Here's the killer - in the chick mind, status is relative. And alpha traits are relative too.

In other words you don't have to be the biggest bad-ass alpha in the whole continental US to get the interest.

You just have to be *more* of an alpha than anyone else that's around.

Example - chat room sarging. You're in a chat room, guys are hitting on chicks, all you have to do is start contributing lines with authority and power and you *will* get the female interest.

Example - party pick-ups. You're at a small quiet party, some nice hotties there. How to do the pick up? Normal guys would hit on them and try and prove they're the one she should go for.

This is the wrong approach. What you do is bust the balls of both the chicks *and* the other guys there. Subtle verbal aggression and put-downs usually do it. You don't have to get vicious and a jerk about it - just enough to prove you're the alpha. ****y and funny will do the job, as always. Insult the guys in a j/k of way and neg hit the guys and you're there.

Do that for a while, the chicks will grant you alpha status *in that context.* And the rest is easy.

Why is this cool? Because if you're a recovering AFC, you can still get the interest without trying to turn yourself into The Ultimate Alpha.

Chat rooms are great practice for this. Go in there and practice staking your claim and making the room revolve around what you say. Once you get good at that, you're more than half way there to doing it in the real world.

Note - this tip is for newbies only, who need some encouragement to get started. Experienced DJs can go the whole way easily, so it's not for them. But for guys who are just starting out, this is one way to move from being stuck in permanent chumpitude.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude! youve just inspired me.

be the alpha in the immediate area by wielding your power over both guys and girls. thats just awesome dude. there have been a lot of "be the alpha" threads but this inspired me to actually do it.

[This message has been edited by Jester (edited 04-23-2002).]

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is incredible advice. I had been contemplating how to do a successful bar pick-up of a hot girl who is being hit on all night. I figured that no matter what game I spit to her, she'd seen and heard it all and I would have no chance. However, if I were to involve the other guys that were freaking dusting off her chair for her and mock them for that while talking to the girl, I could have had a chance with her. I don't know if I'm ALPHA enough yet to pull this off, but it's great advice!!

eroq

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's great about this is that as you become the alpha in that context, those around you will begin acting as betas (shutting up in the chat room, submitting at the party). Some of the literature I'm reading for my psych course right now (see http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32385 for more info) deals with how people naturally take complimentary attitudes when approached by a dominant or submissive person. It's fun to watch when some new guy arrives at a party acting like the ****, and all the other guys slump over a little bit to accomadate him. Then he notices I'm there, and he slumps over a little bit too. :cool:

Unfortunately, I've also been reading some feminist literature that deals with 'male oppression on the nonverbal level' (read: men maintaining a good posture with head held high) and how feminine values are necessary to maintain social equality, yet both genders follow this rule of complimentary mannerisms, and in fact are more prone to like a person displaying complimentary mannerisms. Dominant people don't like others dominating them; submissive people want someone else to tell them what to do.

Long story short: a pecking order exists for every context; accept it, use it and move on.