Starting College on monday, Help?

DubstepGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like the title says, i start college on monday.
I missed the first week which was the icebreaking week and what-not, i was supposed to do a different course but ended up doing the one i'm going to do now.
Anyways, I'm not scared but nervous. How should i act? How should i carry myself? What do i say when i walk into the room full of class mates? How should i talk? What about rapport, how do i make friends fast?
Sorry for all the questions, i really don't wanna be like i was in high school xD
(bearing in mind, i don't care much about the girls at the moment.)

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be confident. Be confident. Be confident.

and Be fearless.

Shave. Dress well. Lay back, sit up straight. Don't be aggressive. Smile.

Don't talk much.

Start slowly. Make aims for the week. Try to make eye contact with girls.

Don't expect a miracle in one week, miracles happen out of work not vacuum.

Make a progress thread and report back.

We will help you.

DubstepGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, i was thinking of introducing myself and making friends fairly quickly so i won't be on my own like i was when i moved to a new school 2 years ago. Now that i'm going to college, i wanna start fresh. How would i go about that? :)

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a junior at UCLA, I can tell you a few things:

-Talk to people as soon as you see them (especially classmates). This will establish connections and display leadership, not to mention you will need peers to get through college.

-Identify the attractive girls and talk to them, flirt, be ****y & funny and if for some reason you get rejected keep them as friends. Even if they seem useless at the moment, they could come up with attractive friends later to whom they can introduce you (assuming you conveyed to be cool, etc).

-Do not put socializing before your grades. There are parties every week--you will attend some and miss some; however, your GPA and academic record are pemanent.

-This one may seem obvious, but for your own well-being do not drink and do stupid things like driving or having sex. On the other hand, come up with a method with your roommate of what rules apply to the room (ex: having sex, drinking, going to sleep, quiet hours).

-Find out what resources are available at your campus and join some clubs to meet new broads and establish more social dominance. The more people you know, the higher your social capital will be and the more social value you will have in front of girls.

-Do not get into a committed relationship (my opinion); you are in a time where you will meet dozens of women at their prime. Why would you segregate yourself from that? You do not.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Keep being money,

-Robyn

DubstepGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice advice Robyn.
Although i'm living in england some of those things don't apply to the situation, it is helpful. I'm wondering how to build rapport with classmates because i'm THE worst at making new friends/introducing myself D:

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As someone who busted his ass to graduate in 4 years with a good GPA from a Big Ten School I'm always in awe of these "first days in college" posts because none of them ever address academics.

OP,

HIT THE BOOKS. Yea that's right. Figure out your class schedule and get yourself into a routine of going to class, taking notes, and studying. Once you've got all of that handled and taken care of, THEN worry about the social aspect of college.

Seriously man.