Starting a New Don Juan Boot Camp Working Group | Wanna join?

Reaction score
Understood captain. Army salute. Let's do it. I may be adding some peacocking to it (i.e Santa Clause hat). Does Real-Estate clients or cold calling for leads count towards talking to people in general?

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to nitpick or anything but Monday is December 3rd.

I will join but there is no commitment from me at all. So maybe I won't join :p But I'll think about it :D

Brad Starr

Reaction score
I would think so, Luke, it's all about confidence building?
I got a picture in my head of you like one of the guys from Glengarry Glen Ross now - always be closing!

Looking forward to this starting - good luck everyone!

Brad

Mr_Aries

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've attempted the BC once by myself but didn't finish it. Love to do it from start to finish again with the support of others. Some info about me: 21 yr old from Australia at uni.

Physically my game is fine, need to overcome approach anxiety and opening groups. Major problem is building rapport in a big group of unknown people.

Looking forward to week 1, will post up regularly.

Cheers, Mr_Aries

The Mayor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, we've just need one more.
So far mongolboy and Brad Starr has confirmed.

So Luke, Mr Aries or ...
Please PM me to confirm.

Reaction score
A PM has already been sent to confirm.

The reason of joining is I believe this bootcamp will inspire action since I'm pretty much dormant right now in the public avenue of cold approaches and tend to be relying (with not much avail) to online game.

I'm an RE Agent so I'm in a sales profession where I have to deal with the public in an ongoing basis. As per bootcamp rules, does contacting people for purposes of sales, as I'm normally doing constitute as 'talking to people', etc? Does handing out my business card to older attractive women and introducing myself also count for something?

When I deal with people, I'm usually tensed up and usually cut to the chase of business - and that's the type of person is really cut-to-the-chase and task-orientated stuff. It is difficult for me to start conversations with anyone unless there is a clearly defined goal in mind because I tend to like to jump to the goal and let the chips fall where they may so to speak - but I also realize you need time to show your value or personality and get a chick to like you.

The Mayor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now we have a team!
Luke Skywalker, mongolboy, Brad Starr and I.

I have a meating now until late, and I have to get up ealy tomorrow.
I'll send you all PM's so we can get started when I come home.

About 24-28 hours from now.

To all the other guys who wanted to join, you could start a group of your own.

Brad Starr

Reaction score
Well tonight's the night!

Looking forward to hearing from you, The Mayor.

Brad

Brad Starr

Reaction score
Well I worked my way through all the reading material and headed out into the field. Boot Camp certainly seems to start off slowly to get you into the groove rather than diving in at the deep end.

I find eye contact and smiling easy and don't get uncomfortable looking people right in the eye. Sadly, everyone else seems to and won't hold it with me! Everybody is looking down at the floor or staring into space. I tried to get eye contact with as many people as possible anyway while walking around town and a few shops.

I do find saying 'hi' randomly to people walking down the street a little strange. I only did four and they were quite meek, only one person said it back (again quite meekly) and that was a guy. What is the best way of saying it, not looking manic and crazy, and having the other person respond? I'm thinking of adapting it into something which I would say more naturally rather than 'Hi' or 'Hello'?

I wouldn't say I feel a change in myself just yet but I'm not yet out of my comfort zone so I'm sure that will come.

Looking forward to reading the experiences of others and would appreciate any feedback.

Brad