Staring

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I've got this female friend. I've known her for like 3.5 years so far, and we just knew each other by name for 3 of those years or more than 2 years. Anyways,this year, we're getting coupled together for a lot of projects and such and spent a little time outside of school. Sometimes in class, I glance at her and she's like staring at me. I maintain eye contact and she looks away, looks back, and looks away again.

When she's sitting next to me, I never face her cuz the teacher is ont he other side, but I turn around and sh'es like staring at me...I'm like wtf? So I smile and give this, "wtf?" look. she's like a friend, and this year, we've gotten to know each other a bit better, but i'm not sure what this means. I'm pretty sure she isn't psycho. She's just really passive about stuff, but has random bursts of comments about people, events, etc.

Lemme know what this constant staring means...

...maybe she's lookking out the window or someone else lol.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
might as well use this staring to your advantage to guage any sort of interest. If her pupils dialate at all, that is a sign of attraction. Not a failsafe thing, but maybe worth checking?

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, good point, but I never pay any attention to her. IT just seems weird that a friend...a female...is staring at me. I'm usually just listening to music chiling by myself acknowledging people that go by, cuz everyone knows me. This is very weird. That's all. She's kinda far away to look at her pupils.

Nosferatu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Checking her pupils is a bad idea anyway. It also depends on the lighting (her pupils will get real small if you are sitting by a bright window, no matter how much she likes you).

You should start teasing her. When you catch her looking at you, you can make a funny face, or just do a little wave that she might find cute. It will also catch her off guard.

Be ****y and funny with her after that, and confuse her by showing interest one minute, and then acting a little cool towards her the next. Most women absolutely LOVE that, although they would never admit it. They get off on wondering if a guy likes them or not.

You just don't want to be like every other dork who kisses up to her. Distinguish yourself from the rest by showing her you are not afraid of her and that you are in control.

Nosferatu

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have actually noticed that some chicks don't just check you out, but stare. Freaks the hell outta me most of the time but giving a smile is enough to break it...most of the time.

MY theory is that the starer is probably fantasizing about you. Eh, wild thought.

~ivan

Lola

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure shes really looking away? i have this little thing I do when im looking at a guy but i dont want him to know im looking at him. I just look out of the corner of my eye. you dont have to look at a person directly to be *looking* at them. Staring is creepy anyway:D

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This happens to me with a girl in class who has a BF. We sit alongside each other, and probably 4 or 5 times during a class I'm able to see her looking right at me with my peripheral vision.

Sometimes I catch her and raise my eyebrows as if to say, "You want me!" Other times I just let her look and think, "Yehhh, you're checking me out and I'm acting as if nothing's going on"

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why not just wave her over when she is staring at you. If you want to make a move then do it, otherwise her IL will drop soon enough.

Nosferatu

Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW, when a girl is caught staring at you, it is almost CERTAIN that she has an exremely high interest level.

I have found that women are inceredibly adept at concealing the fact that they are looking at a man. When you become aware of it, you can discern that a woman has been looking at you just by catching the last millisecond of them averting their eyes. They really are good at this.

Nosferatu

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right on, a 'body language' thread!

I've developed a simple technique to catch women who stare at me. I've noticed that when I look at women directly, they take pains to avoid looking at me in the eye.

However, when I appear to be distracted, for instance, if I am walking and looking down at my cell phone, a sheet of paper, etc., and THEN look up quickly to scan my environment, I frequently find some coed or another checking me out. They break eye contact immediately once I 'catch' them doing this however.

Therefore, my technique is to carry a newspaper with me when I go out in public. When I sit down at a bus stop, or on the exercise bike at the gym, etc., I open up the paper and read the sports section or comics for a minute or two. I then look up quickly to look around and 'boom!' quickly note the bees drawn to the honey so to speak. Works every time (well, almost every time).

The key is to find the confident, fine (and hopefully single) chickie who will not only look but maintain eye contact and even smile! Approach IMMEDIATELY.

If the young lady breaks eye contact with you, approach her anyway if you are interested. This 'eye contact breaker' is much more likely to be shy, blush or stammer than the confident gal noted above. Be patient and give her some time however, and you'll have a shot.

Good Luck. Post results.

Allan

Shogun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wide Smile and Then a Quick wink... And keep rogueish smile going. I have girls come up to me and tell me that "It was rude for me to wink at her" I just smile and tell her that "she would not have noticed if she was not staring" When she is stunned... Laugh and tell her that you take it as a compliment and if she wants to stare some more then she needs to pay for your coffee cause your getting used ;P

Lola

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nosferatu
BTW, when a girl is caught staring at you, it is almost CERTAIN that she has an exremely high interest level.

I have found that women are inceredibly adept at concealing the fact that they are looking at a man. When you become aware of it, you can discern that a woman has been looking at you just by catching the last millisecond of them averting their eyes. They really are good at this.

Nosferatu
^^so true. we are very good at keeping the fact were looking at you, from you!

And youre right. We dont waste our time looking at a guy we arent interested in. :D

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...it happened again. I can't really talk to her, cuz we're on opposite sides of the class in one class, and directly next to each otherin another, but the teacher is an *******. Anyways, I either smile, or wave like you guys and gal said. She either looks down, or kinda flashes a short smile back. I'm not so worried about the body-language. It's just weird that I don't consider myself hot or anything, and I'm probably in her friend zone...so.....what's wrong with her?

We've got lots of hot guys at our school, but this one *******/faggot/loser (he just basically calls people fag for no reason or its his personal greeting..etc.) always says he loves her and ****, so I can kinda see where this is coming from. Very unlikely still....I'm just gonna assume the worst and think there's a big @ss bird behind me everyday.

"Never expect anything from anyone. That way you'll never be disappointed."

^^^That's what I live by.

Reaction score
Yeah this one chick was really giving me the sh!ts by always staring at me and not looking away when I caught her. Oneday I just burst out "what the hell are you staring at girl?!" She went Ferrari red and looked to the ground immeidately, poor girl... but she had it coming for being so rude.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lola
And youre right. We dont waste our time looking at a guy we arent interested in. :D
LOL... you gotta LOOK to know if you're interested in the guy

1 look you can't gain anythin concrete from, but if she looks back for a second time then you know that game is on...

alone

Don Juan
Reaction score
its different for me i daydream ALOT amd think too much... unfortunately many people think im checking them out when im just thinking to myself...
i dont know if thats happen alot to you guys but it happens to me alot...
So maybe its jus me or she thinking about what the lectureres saying....:rolleyes: in your line of direction....