Standing up for ur gf?

illmatic1005

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok..so the other day this kguy was talkin sh!t about my girlfriend...he called her some names i dare not mention...i told my girlfriend what he said and she was pissed...She was mad because a lot of people tell lies about her, like they are jealous of her or want to ruin her relationships.

So i confronted the guy when he said this(my girlfriend wasnt there) and told her he better not ever say sh!t about my girl anymore...so the next day he calls me up when i was with my gf..he was apologizing and stuff while my girlfriend took the phone, asked him why he calls her names all the time, yelled at him and hung up on him.

He called back again and was like 'i wanna talk to u not ur gf" so i talked to him and he was apologizing again..my only responses were "oh', 'whatever'.'ok' ..

the truth is, i didnt wanna get bothered with this guy. He'd take anything you say and switch it around to a complete lie...so i responsded like i didnt care

then my gf was saying 'u never stick up for me or yourself', 'you always act u dont care when other ppl talk about me or you" 'you act like you dont care'

the truth is, i always stick of for my gf and defend her at all times, mostly when she isnt around tho..i often get responses like 'whoa r u really that protective? u must really like that girl"

but my gf thinks i dont stand up for her or care about her

what should i do? Should i get heated over every little thing that happens to me, her, or us?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To some extent she should be able to stand up for herself.

Its good you are there for her of course but yeah she needs a little bit of a backbone to stand on her own at times as well.

Also if you've been clearly standing up for her and she doesn't recognize this and appreciate it and instead thinks you've been neglectful this could over time form a deep well of resentment in her for you and gradually erode your relationship.

You should have a serious talk with her and explain to her all of the things you have done to stand up for her and observe her to see if she truly understands now that you have stood up for her and is not just saying she believes you now because she is afraid of losing you or something lame like that when chicks act like cowards rather than being direct.

Also if there have been times you have acted like you've not cared when she thinks you should of for things other people have said you need to explain to her that if you don't react to certain things its because you have such a high confidence and belief in yourself and her that people's bullsh!t directed towards you just isn't important enough to react to as you really could care less.

Even if you set the person straight and they act remorseful they could still think negatively of you behind your back anyway so there's not much point to you giving them a piece of your mind.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
illmatic1005 said:
ok..so the other day ....

So this guy is talking bad about your girl and you don't say anything, then you tell her and she gets upset, so later you talk to him ...

Are you sure you're a guy? Did you have a childhood accident that has prevented your balls from working? You act like a 14 year old girl.

illmatic1005

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
So this guy is talking bad about your girl and you don't say anything, then you tell her and she gets upset, so later you talk to him ...

Are you sure you're a guy? Did you have a childhood accident that has prevented your balls from working? You act like a 14 year old girl.

i did say something and i always do...but now(just to this one guy) i act like i dont care what he says bcuz he is a liar and takes one thig u sya and tanformsit into a whole big thing

MushroomGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is she saying that for? You did stand up for her. Whatever, you should always stand up for your GF tho when a guy is talking **** about her. I had a guy hit on my last GF at the bar. I went up to him and told him not to talk to her. He called her a tramp, I threw him across the room, pounced on him, then got kicked out of the bar. my GF was so turned on she wanted to bang me right there.

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
MushroomGod said:
What is she saying that for? You did stand up for her. Whatever, you should always stand up for your GF tho when a guy is talking **** about her. I had a guy hit on my last GF at the bar. I went up to him and told him not to talk to her. He called her a tramp, I threw him across the room, pounced on him, then got kicked out of the bar. my GF was so turned on she wanted to bang me right there.

You picked a fight with a guy just for talking to your girlfriend? That sounds kind of insecure to me.

MushroomGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
stuka1939 said:
You picked a fight with a guy just for talking to your girlfriend? That sounds kind of insecure to me.
This guy was hitting on my one of my friends GF and grabbed another one. I didn't pick a fight I just told him not to talk to her or any of my other friends GFs. He gave me an attitude even when I started to walk away. Then he called her a tramp and got stuck thats how it should be.

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
illmatic1005 said:
ok..so the other day this kguy was talkin sh!t about my girlfriend...he called her some names i dare not mention...i told my girlfriend what he said and she was pissed...She was mad because a lot of people tell lies about her, like they are jealous of her or want to ruin her relationships.

So i confronted the guy when he said this(my girlfriend wasnt there) and told her he better not ever say sh!t about my girl anymore...so the next day he calls me up when i was with my gf..he was apologizing and stuff while my girlfriend took the phone, asked him why he calls her names all the time, yelled at him and hung up on him.

He called back again and was like 'i wanna talk to u not ur gf" so i talked to him and he was apologizing again..my only responses were "oh', 'whatever'.'ok' ..

the truth is, i didnt wanna get bothered with this guy. He'd take anything you say and switch it around to a complete lie...so i responsded like i didnt care

then my gf was saying 'u never stick up for me or yourself', 'you always act u dont care when other ppl talk about me or you" 'you act like you dont care'

the truth is, i always stick of for my gf and defend her at all times, mostly when she isnt around tho..i often get responses like 'whoa r u really that protective? u must really like that girl"

but my gf thinks i dont stand up for her or care about her

what should i do? Should i get heated over every little thing that happens to me, her, or us?

You confronted the guy...what else does she want? She sounds like a drama queen. Most quality girls don't even want there BF to get involved because they like handling their own problems. I'd set her ass straight if I were you because she sounds like a drama queen to me.

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
MushroomGod said:
What's the big deal if a guy hits on your GF at the a bar? A lot of guys are drunk and don't realize the girl has a BF even if you are next to her some times. I always have guys hit on different GFs of mine when we are at big bars together. I could give a **** less because I know my girl would never be interested. Just by going up to him and saying don't hit on my GF...I'm sure you had **** written all over your face when you said this as well...is provoking something.

I have been single before at bars and accidentally hit on a girl with her BF there in the distance and always have some jealous loser say something along the lines of, "Hey, that's my GF...you better move your ass on." Kind of pathetic really.

I tell me GFs if you like another guy or think he's cute then go for it because I don't care. Indifference over jealousy always wins.

MushroomGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
I played pool with this guy, he knew for a fact I was with her it was disrespectful and he was asking for it.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
MushroomGod said:
I played pool with this guy, he knew for a fact I was with her it was disrespectful and he was asking for it.

Oh, in that case, he really was an ass.

BigAL

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take your girlfriend by the hand and find this guy, kick his ass with her standing there and just walk away, don't say a word.