southern california

Xericx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker

Someone told me that LA shuts down after 2am, is that true?

One thing about little rock, is there are a couple of spots open untl 5am at all times
Yes. Actually before 2am...a lot of places do last call at 1:15 or 1:30.....its totally lame. I like to drink all night....but stuff ends early.

There are SOME spots that are still open....but everything, for all intensive purposes..is dead.

The other thing that sucks about nightlife is that you have to drive everywhere. SUCKS!

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Other good things about l.a.: if you like latinas or asian girls, there is a bunch of them here. Bad things: smoggy in the summer, freeways are clogged most of the time, rent/housing is crazy..A thing about the weather. Temperature varies in the summer across so cal. It can be 86 in irvine & 94 in fontana & 101 degrees in palm springs. L.a. you have to have a car. Public transportation is crap.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the Long Beach area myself personally, I'd definitely recommend it. There are plenty of nice areas and if money is not an issue, you can swoop up on one of those high rise condos off of Ocean Blvd. There are tons of women around there and there's plenty of nightlife and it's much more diverse than Orange Cojnty. I've thought of selling my condo in Fountain Valley and moving there. Orange County is way too bland for my taste personally. I like the Pasadena area too, but it does get hot there during the summer.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lived here all my life, don't ever plan on moving. i live in pasadena now.

where ever you go, i would seriously consider getting into a pad that is within walking distance to the "action".

--near 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica (expensive)
--old town pasadena, fvcking hopping all the time
--downtown hermosa beach, redondo beach, manhattan beach
--downtown LA Loft, South Park area (near Staples Center)
--downtown Hollywood (they've cleaned it up, and it's rocking)
--downtown Westwood (ucla...high volume of hotties)

where i live, in old town pasadena, there's literally everything you could want within 1/4 mile...and Paseo Colorado is rocking...probably second only to 3rd St Promenade in terms of action.

whatever lifestyle you want, you can find it in metro LA area. for chicks...choose your poison...white chicks, mexi's, asians, and everything in between.

if your budget is 3k a month, you'll have no problem finding a cool pad. i'm paying 2,500 for a 1 year old killer 2bd/2ba condo style apt, with a HUGE patio, and controlled access bldg (a buzzer).

download Google Earth and check these places out.

Xericx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Old town Pasadena? That little strip mall is lame. Its like 3 blocks of shops and that little outdoor mall. During the weeknights, it sucks. I go there ocassionally, but I just don't dig the crowd and scene.

What do you recommend doing there as far as nightlife? The restaurants that are actually on Colorado suck, for the most part.

Downtown LA? You get outside from the condos and you're in friggin SKID ROW. I was checking out the Little Tokyo Lofts (supposedly a growing district)....drove one block, and there was all kind of assorted homeless, druggies and deviants EVERYWHERE. Downtown LA *SUCKS* on the weekends too. Its a ghost town.

Downtown Hollywood is not "rocking". Its still trash and so are the people there.

I do like Westwood, Santa Monica, South Bay.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Xericx
Old town Pasadena? That little strip mall is lame. Its like 3 blocks of shops and that little outdoor mall. During the weeknights, it sucks. I go there ocassionally, but I just don't dig the crowd and scene.

What do you recommend doing there as far as nightlife? The restaurants that are actually on Colorado suck, for the most part.

Downtown LA? You get outside from the condos and you're in friggin SKID ROW. I was checking out the Little Tokyo Lofts (supposedly a growing district)....drove one block, and there was all kind of assorted homeless, druggies and deviants EVERYWHERE. Downtown LA *SUCKS* on the weekends too. Its a ghost town.

Downtown Hollywood is not "rocking". Its still trash and so are the people there.

I do like Westwood, Santa Monica, South Bay.
i live there, it's more than three blocks + Paseo Colorado (yardhouse and bodega wine bar, and the entire Paseo Mall--that place is always packed with hot chicks. ever been there on a saturday night? plus the stuff on green street, union street and miller's alley. plus the Playhouse District & South Lake District.

South Park in downtown LA is fvcking killa. $1.2 billion redevelopment going on. they're turning it into a Times Square vibe. Another $1 billion for the North Grand corridor. around Little Tokyo IS skid row, it sucks. South Park is @ Staples Center (11th & Grand area).

Hollywood? Hollywood/Highland & Hollywood/Vine is all redeveloped. it's one of the most rocking in the US (despite the trash that's still hanging around). outside of NY, name a better club scene. RSD does their field training there. why?

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker, how have you made so much money by 22?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's my secret.. seriuously just do a search on my name, I've talked about it on a number of different instences.

Where can I download Google Earth?

I actually did some research on Realtor yesterday before I went to bed just to be doing somethign... overall, it's not as expensive as I thought it would be.

Last time i went, I was on the shuttle with someone to my hotel, and we dropped her off at this house, was pretty average, and she said she paid $685k for it.. I was like damn.. that's what 685k gets you down here? Becuase I am not moving down like that

IF I really put my mind to it, I can buy a condo or a townhouse in Newport Beach for around 750k by my birthday.. I actually could buy it now, but it would leave me in a pretty uncomfortable financial situtation, so I will just have to get on the ball working to make some money to replace most of what I would spend.. I could sell my house here, but I like the idea of keeping it and letting one of my friends live here, or better yet, just renting out the rooms (3) each month

on second thought, I will probably if anything just let one of my friends or both stay there while I am gone.. i like the idea of being able to come right back on the drop of a dime and not have to kick any tenants out of my place

As far as little rock, It's not little rock necessarly that I dont' like.. I am not moving to a different place to meet women, I have no problem picking up good looking ones here, even though LA is probably 20 times bigger. there's stuff to do down here if you know what to look for, it's dirt cheap, the air is good and my friends are here..

with that said however, my friends are really probably the only thing keeping me down here and ****, they can move with me if they really wanted to.. they (2) are probably moving to Atlanta by the end of the year anyway to work on their music anyway, and I'm not moving to ATL, I don't like it too much.

It's really my family.. Ican't take it anymore

my mom got divorced when I was 7, and just got married the day after I turned 21..

now my mom isn't bad looking, as a matter of fact, I've been told she is very attractive. She's smart, makes alot of money, espically to live in arkansas, does well for herself...

I remember man after man used to run off when i was growing up, and she used to mention "they can't handle an indepentant woman".... and being as nieve as I was, I actually bought it.

Now that I am grown, I see what is going on... my mom is for lack of better words... an irrational woman that has a vendtetta agasinst all men, including me, because one man did her wrong (my dad.. and he did do her pretty bad, even though they are cool now)

My mom couldn't stand me when I was broke... Ever sicne my little sister was born, hell before that.. when she was pregant with my little sister, when i was 17, she went from somewhat, not much, but everyonce in a while, she would act like she gave a damn mom, to "i really dont' give a **** about you".. kicked me out the DAY I turned 18 because I told her I wasn't going to college and the only time she calls is when she wants something.

She's worse than a nagging EX, because she actaully is my MOM. And I have a big heart, always have, and I don't mind doing stuff for people, as long as they appricate it..

Really it's that whole side of my family.. something is wrong with them.. I mean, I love em' in the sense that we are blood, but they don't invite me anywhere anymore to like,. you know.. CHRISTMAS DINNER... they dont' call, when I call they won't pick up, but w hen they need rent money or something, it's like they ahve me on speed dail.

I actually have been seeing a s hrink for the last 2 months and he along with my friends and the hott ass and year round good weather and horse racing has convinced me that So Cal is the place for me.. I even have family out there by the old great western forum, and in Oakland, but i'm not moving there

anyway, enough of my ranting

I was soooo freakin close to catching a plane out there today, but it's snowing and I dont fly in snow if I can help it, so I will wait until next week

speaking of clubs, what are some of the better clubs in that area?

Xericx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
i live there, it's more than three blocks + Paseo Colorado (yardhouse and bodega wine bar, and the entire Paseo Mall--that place is always packed with hot chicks. ever been there on a saturday night? plus the stuff on green street, union street and miller's alley. plus the Playhouse District & South Lake District.

South Park in downtown LA is fvcking killa. $1.2 billion redevelopment going on. they're turning it into a Times Square vibe. Another $1 billion for the North Grand corridor. around Little Tokyo IS skid row, it sucks. South Park is @ Staples Center (11th & Grand area).

Hollywood? Hollywood/Highland & Hollywood/Vine is all redeveloped. it's one of the most rocking in the US (despite the trash that's still hanging around). outside of NY, name a better club scene. RSD does their field training there. why?
What clubs at Hollywood and Highland do you go to? I don't like the crowd all that much. This month I've been to Concorde, Mood, and Josephs. I'm gonna check out Prvilege soon. We'll see.

I just don' tlike the vibe there.

Ehh...Pasadena chicks...the places I've gone haven't been too impressive....Q's, Muse, Yardhouse, and those side bars which I don't even remember......maybe I'm hitting up the wrong places. Most of the crowds were ghetto mexican chicks and ugly asian girls.

The Staples Center area sucks too. 5 years until its going to be fun to live there...maybe 10. What's fun to do in that area? Its always a GRIDLOCK at the 110/10....sucks. Some restriction just passed for a restriction to build new condos or redevelop for one year. People were concerned that low priced housing was going to be a thing of the past.....yuck. I was checking out this highrise @ 1100 Wilshire....I think that thing went under though.

Xericx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, ya gotta have something to do down there...

:woo: :cheer:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So do I want to stay away from clubs in hollywood? Are they overrated?

Xericx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, they're ok. Just know that a lot of the bouncers are total tools and jerkoffs. But alot of it is so fake.....the people get annoying at times....dunno.... I prefer the more mellow westside scene.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Visit the Sunset strip in Hollywood. Lots to do and see there
Or you can go to Laguna Beach. So many cute girls there!
The only thing I hate about southern ca is the heat. It blows.

I'd say a good area to live would be in atleast Orange its close to most things I believe and everything else is 30 mins to an hour away (Beaches, main cities,horse racing tracks etc)

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, you think Los Angeles is hot? The hottest time is August, where the high in the San Fernando Valley is 95F, while the basin is 85F, while places like Ventura and Oxnard are 73F max. Southern California's weather is feckin perfect, and it cools down at night like no other. A 95F high day in the valley will cool down to 65F low at night. God I miss it like no other...

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God, Id love to live in Cali! But for me to do that I gotta get a feckin greencard! :(

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to LAX Thursday Night and will be in So Cal, Anaheim, Newport Beach, OC and others for a little under a week to see how I like it... i'll keep you guys posted

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silverwex
God, Id love to live in Cali! But for me to do that I gotta get a feckin greencard! :(
I have nevre been to CA, but a place where you have to spend at least 3k per month does not sound cool to me.
even if you have a green card, you would have to come up with the money to live there.