Somethings gotta go wrong 'cause I'm feeling way too d*mn good

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever things start to go great, something comes up. Something in my mind. It's wierd. I keep second guessing myself, thinking about other things when I should be concentrating on something, or thinking about something I shouldn't even worry or think about.

Has this happened to anyone else? I believe it's the reason why two of my relationships have turned to absolute hell. Anyone else know a way out of it? I just can't turn my brain off for some reason...

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have some anxiety. Anxiety will sap the energy right out of ya. Statiscally, 90% of what we worry about never happens, so relax.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Danny21682
Sounds like you like Nickelback.
Eh, it was the most appropriate lyric at the time. (Yes, I do have too many songs on my computer.)

Originally posted by biker_gixxer
Sounds like you may have some anxiety. Anxiety will sap the energy right out of ya. Statiscally, 90% of what we worry about never happens, so relax.
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind from now on, since I tend to worry about too much miniscule crap.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
adhd anyone? ;)

Seriously, what matters are you talkin about?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disconnect
adhd anyone? ;)

Seriously, what matters are you talkin about?
Haha, I feel like I might have it. I'll have to get that tested.

The matters are just little things, like "wow, wind...I wonder if that means theres a storm," or something like that.

No BBB, I will not do that...I have a girl for that.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm i'm not sure if your talking about attitude or not, but if your refering to things going bad i have that exact same problem.

Perhaps my friends are just flakes, but seriously it feels like every freiking time something good is going to happen, all my f*cking plans fall through :mad:.

I just let it go.

::Venting::

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like something good just happened so now you are thinking what bad thing is going happen to make for it? Used to happen to me. Then I remembered I’m to P-I-M-P for bad **** to happen to me. :D

Some people always complain that they don't get anything good for all the bad **** that happens to them. That leaves opportunity for almost only good **** to happen to you.

Izo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sup man I got the same problem as you. I think the trick is to realize when you are thinking like that and somehow getting that ****er to shut up.

Someone recently told me something interesting, that you can't think about two different things at the exact same time. Try it, it just won't work. You can't have two thoughts at the exact same moment. And you can't feel two different emotions at the same time either. The moral he was trying to convey to me was that you can't feel happy and sad at the same time. You either feel happy or you feel sad, never both simultaneously. And I guess if you worry about something, you can't worry and be laid back at the same time. And you can't be optimistic and pessimistic at the same time. He also explained to me about something called the Law of Attraction, which basically means that you attract whatever you feel (which is kind of what this site explains). So if you always worry, then yes, something WILL go wrong because all of your thoughts are gravitated towards something bad that will happen. If you want to know more I can try to explain. I don't know if I answered your question directly, but I hope this helps.

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We tend to remember and expect bad things more often than the good. It's like in poker, you remember all the bad plays you made all the time, but very rarely remember the good ones. You should start looking at the bigger picture and put things into perspective.

What have you got going for you? Two relationships went to hell? Atleast you had two relationships! Some people on these boards can't say that for themselves (not trying to insult anyone). Your going to college to make something out of your life. Once again, there is a decent percentage of citizens who aren't going to college and that isn't by choice.

I feel the same way you are talking about at times, but I always try to think of what I have going for myself. No matter how bad you may think things are looking, there is always something good to weigh it out.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I know about remembering bad things when you should remember the good. I was the kicker for my hs team and at a camp, we were told to remember our last best kick. Best advice I've ever recieved.

I recently started getting serious about lifting weights and it's helping me. I haven't gone into that "down" mode again since then (though it hasn't been too long since I started.) ;)

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sweet n' sour.

If things were good 100% of the time you would forget what bad things were like. And we all know that you cant feel happiness with out feeling sadness.

Therefore, take the good with the bad. When your feeling good, make the most of it. When your feeling bad, then do the best you can to keep things under control and trust that the 'good' feeling will come back, because it does.

When your feeling good, let emotion control you.

When your feeling bad, let logic control you.

And finally. Be thankful that things go wrong, or else you'd never know what its like for things to go right.

DJUofS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
And finally. Be thankful that things go wrong, or else you'd never know what its like for things to go right.
Wow, that's pretty deep. Never thought about it like that...