something that gets on my nerves

Hammer79

Don Juan
Reaction score
All this talk from women saying there are no "real men" out there any more really gets on my nerves. I understand women don't want a guy they can walk all over but no is one perfect. I read this woman's profile on plentyoffish a couple weeks back and she said that she has met several guy's off there and they have great and have turned into really good friends but she is looking for the real deal. That's a slap in the face to those guy's and rest of us out here that are still trying and getting rejected. I seriously wanted to to stick my hands through the monitor and shake the **** out of her. I don't understand how society allows women to determine what real men are when they aren't men and have no idea what its like to be one. I don't feel like I can be a human being when out with a woman, I have to be this masculine ideal she got out of a romance novel. If I do show any flaws or make mistakes, I'm kicked to the curb.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women saying there are no "real men" out there any more

The ones I see saying that are all either fat, or have kids they want you to adopt, or usually both.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Replace "real men" with "suckers" and you'd get what they were actually saying.

Those are the only type who would put up with fat single mums on Plenty of Pigs.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She can meet and reject whoever she wants, and by complaining that there are no "real men" out there, she gets to blame the world instead of the real problem, which is her ugly ass self.

That's like going to the local flea market and trying to sell an old worthless pair of shoes, and then complaining how there are no "real" customers, only worthless tire kickers.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hammer79 said:
I don't feel like I can be a human being when out with a woman, I have to be this masculine ideal she got out of a romance novel. If I do show any flaws or make mistakes, I'm kicked to the curb.
You don't have to fit any imaginary ideal at all. A woman is not the arbiter of acceptable male behavior UNLESS you give her the power to be so.
Perhaps the core of your dilemma is that you are focussed on shaping and molding your behavior to elicit female approval.

The irony is this - the harder that you alter your behavior to get her to like you, the less that she will like you.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Don't cater to a b**ch. Change only for yourself.

Women complain about the real men because they want a dream guy (rich, famous, uber handsome, and probably got access to drugs.) and can't find him, so they have to settle.

The Experience

Don Juan
Reaction score
One more girl who's frustrated that she can't find the 'right' guy, I lost count.

scorpio1138

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you can definitely tell when their profile is more of a rant than an actual profile.

I saw one just last week:

"if I look like I'm out of your league.....I am so don't contact me"

"please don't message me if you have bare chest photos on your profile or wear loose saggy jeans or your hat sideways"

funny $hit.

On another related note, I was discussing with my sister all the B$ we have to go through to get the attraction going AKA not
really being ourselves naturally. She said she's frustrated as well, like when she likes a guy and they don't contact her for
several days just to keep from seeming too needy. She said flat out it's all Bull$hit and everyone should just act normal
and drop the curtain. When I called her out on female tendencies and why us guys have to go through all of this she said: "cuz we're idiots."

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
Women complain about the real men because they want a dream guy (rich, famous, uber handsome, and probably got access to drugs...
:crackup: Access to drugs, dude? Really? While I know a lot of the gold digger-ice queen-clubbing type chicks are complete coke whores, I'd venture to say that "drug hookups" probably isn't a normal inclusion into the average daydreaming chick.

The Experience

Don Juan
Reaction score
When she says 'There are no real men' - say 'You're right, I'm not real, I'm from you're dreams, so stop talking.' :cheer:

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly don't think there has ever been a time in history when gender relations have been as fvcked up as today - in matters of "courtship" (how antiquated).

But there has never been a better time In history to be an alpha DJ.

Blame the birth control pill.

brekke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls tell me they want a guy that is sensitive. I think they just tell you that they want whatever the opposite of you is.