Some questions

RiceandChicken

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well BPH, as far as your squat goes, wider base dude. That's what ya need. With the wider base you'll really be working that depth and your hamstrings will be feel the burn along with your quads. Try a wider base, feet don't have to be pointed north. You could go pigeon toed a little bit, it's what I do, makes squatting a lot easier for me.

Let me know what you think. And of course if your knee can't handle it, don't push it.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RiceandChicken said:
Well BPH, as far as your squat goes, wider base dude. That's what ya need. With the wider base you'll really be working that depth and your hamstrings will be feel the burn along with your quads. Try a wider base, feet don't have to be pointed north. You could go pigeon toed a little bit, it's what I do, makes squatting a lot easier for me.

Let me know what you think. And of course if your knee can't handle it, don't push it.
Im Sure you dont mean that in bold - More comfortable maybe?:rock:

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RiceandChicken said:
Well BPH, as far as your squat goes, wider base dude. That's what ya need. With the wider base you'll really be working that depth and your hamstrings will be feel the burn along with your quads. Try a wider base, feet don't have to be pointed north. You could go pigeon toed a little bit, it's what I do, makes squatting deep a lot more doable for me.

There ya go Purefilth lol

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your depth looks fine, you don't "need" to go down super low. Just as long as your hip-joint is just below your knee-joint.

I agree your feet could be a little wider and need to focus a little more on forcing your knees out. But, its kind of hard to really tell where or if your form is breaking down without any weight on the bar..

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krueg said:
I think your depth looks fine, you don't "need" to go down super low. Just as long as your hip-joint is just below your knee-joint.

I agree your feet could be a little wider and need to focus a little more on forcing your knees out. But, its kind of hard to really tell where or if your form is breaking down without any weight on the bar..
This. Everyone's form looks good with no weight. Stress is what puts your form to the test. Make a video of one of your heavier sets.

RiceandChicken

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks purefilth and Stig lol. And yes BPH, wider base, not too wide that you sink too deep too easily but deep enough to really feel it work your inner thighs.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BPH said:
Considering the fact that the day after I did 185lb sets I couldn't walk I'm not sure if that is a good idea...
Understandable, If you have a chance to get video of yourself on a actual squat day that could be useful. Or if you see a personal trainer at the gym who isn't a idiot, ask him to watch you squat and see if they have any pointers. Or possibly another gym member who regularly squats..

I dislike squatting in-front of mirrors. I'll face the opposite way cause I feel I get a better - mind to muscle connection and not get distracted by the mirror.

Good luck!

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Krueg said:
Understandable, If you have a chance to get video of yourself on a actual squat day that could be useful. Or if you see a personal trainer at the gym who isn't a idiot, ask him to watch you squat and see if they have any pointers. Or possibly another gym member who regularly squats..

I dislike squatting in-front of mirrors. I'll face the opposite way cause I feel I get a better - mind to muscle connection and not get distracted by the mirror.

Good luck!
Ain't that the truth