Soccer Is Whack

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe soccer should make every goal worth 7 points like american football does with touchdowns to trick all the dumbasses into thinking it's a high scoring game.

goldenrocker91

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok well ive been playing soccer my whole life and im 15 and from NYC so ill tell you why i love it.

Ive heard complaints that its a low scaoring game. I think this makes it MUCH more exciting. In basketball if someone makes a two point shot its no big deal but in soccer if one goal is scored everyone goes crazy! Also sense its such a low scoring game there is no room for fvck ups. If u mess up in basketball ots not that big of a deal becuase two points is nothing. You dont have this luxury in soccer. This is what makes soccer so competetive.

Soccer is also one of the most physically demanding sports out there. You have to be able to spint quickly enough to beat someone to the ball and then you have to be able to last 90 minutes running non-stop with only a 5 minute break in between. There are no timeouts in soccer so you can rarely rest.

Soccer is a big as it is because anyone can play. The only equipment you have to buy are cleats and shinguards. For a beginner you could buy all this for 70$ compared to a few hundred $ for football pads or hockey equipment.

Well i hope this has answered your question a bit. Any questions just ask.

djtdot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People dissing soccer...do you have enough lung power to run around a ****in football field for 90 min with pretty much no breaks(an average midfielder runs close to 14km during a 90min match)? Do you have enough skill to dribble a ball (seriously ever tried dribbling a ball at full speed for say even 50m?) and then saving it from defenders and to bend the ball and score goals from ridiculous angles? Do you have the instinct and skill to jump and save a ball coming at you at 100+km/h from weird angles? Here raw power won't do sh!t. Doesn't matter if you are a 250lb giant. A 150lb guy with more skills will kick your @ss. It looks "simple" enough, but its not. And it IS a rough sport.

Oh plus if you are a guy from some poor third world country and you have two choices: soccer ball of say a $5 or so compared to expensive equipment for other sports, which one would you prefer? You can even play soccer barefooted with the ball made up of rags.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djtdot said:
People dissing soccer...do you have enough lung power to run around a ****in football field for 90 min with pretty much no breaks(an average midfielder runs close to 14km during a 90min match)? Do you have enough skill to dribble a ball (seriously ever tried dribbling a ball at full speed for say even 50m?) and then saving it from defenders and to bend the ball and score goals from ridiculous angles? Do you have the instinct and skill to jump and save a ball coming at you at 100+km/h from weird angles? Here raw power won't do sh!t. Doesn't matter if you are a 250lb giant. A 150lb guy with more skills will kick your @ss. It looks "simple" enough, but its not. And it IS a rough sport.
No, do you? What Premiership team do you play for?

Seriously, what does that have to do with liking soccer. I bet you can't hit a 95+ mph fastball or stop a 280 lbs defensive end pass rush, but that's irrelevant too.

TheMainMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
well uk soccer is boring. the fans have no passion. the games are similar to american sporting events. the uk got rid of all the interesting fans and now you boys are left with a game that is as bland and dull as the girls in the uk. sad to say the least. singing and chanting just doesn't do it for me. you gotta have flares, racist banners, scary looking dudes, and riot police.
Yeah well why is the premiership the most popular sporting event in the world then?

It is the world's most watched sporting league and most lucrative football league, followed by over a billion people http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Premier_League

You really are a narrow binded c*ckhead.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I don't see the point in WATCHING sports. Seriously guys, isn't it boring to watch someone else play sport? And isn't it sad to get so serious about a sport you don't even play?

My only interests in sports are the ones I actually play. And when I talk about it, I don't feel like a douchebag because I can play it.

Seriously, I find it weird how fat lardbuckets who've never kicked a ball in their life, can be so into watching a sport. It's like an AFC watching someone else pick up a girl, and making comments on it.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
Actually, I don't see the point in WATCHING sports. Seriously guys, isn't it boring to watch someone else play sport? And isn't it sad to get so serious about a sport you don't even play?

My only interests in sports are the ones I actually play. And when I talk about it, I don't feel like a douchebag because I can play it.

Seriously, I find it weird how fat lardbuckets who've never kicked a ball in their life, can be so into watching a sport. It's like an AFC watching someone else pick up a girl, and making comments on it.
What if someone enjoys watching another dude picking up chicks? Is there anything wrong with that?

But I do agree, I only enjoy watching the sports I play, because I can appreciate the skills a lot more then.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I didn't really start to gain the ability to follow soccer effectively 'til I played blitzball in Final Fantasy X, which is constructed very similarly. I enjoy watching soccer when it comes on around here, though football and baseball are still my favorites.

Jerry Maguire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch Arsenal play a flowing counter-attack and no other sporting feat can equal it in beauty.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
I might not be an Arsenal supporter, but amen to that :up:
Im sure Barcelona and Man United would have something to say about that!

But Arsenal definatley has that claim!

TheMainMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch Arsenal play a flowing counter-attack and no other sporting feat can equal it in beauty.
Arsenal's days are over mate...

More like watch Rooney's chip of the keeper or Ronaldo's dribble and shot...

Utd for the treble.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
Im sure Barcelona and Man United would have something to say about that!

But Arsenal definatley has that claim!
I remember Super Depor back in the days of Makaay + Tristan in the attack, Hadji + Djalminha + Valeron + Fran as midfielders.

What a team that was, super offensive.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
I love how these Soccer phags get kicked in the shin, have to be carted off the field on a stretcher, then mysteriously make a miraculous recovery seconds later.

Soccer is the most boring game in the world.

No wonder their fans drink excessively and riot.

http://www.soccersucks.net/

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
I love how these Soccer phags get kicked in the shin, have to be carted off the field on a stretcher, then mysteriously make a miraculous recovery seconds later.

Soccer is the most boring game in the world.
No that honour would have to go to gridiron or whatever the hell you call it, puzzies dressing up in titanium armour just to stop and start every 5 minutes wtf where the hell is the game?

Google rugby or Aussie rules if "football" is your thing.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
No that honour would have to go to gridiron or whatever the hell you call it, puzzies dressing up in titanium armour just to stop and start every 5 minutes wtf where the hell is the game?

Google rugby or Aussie rules if "football" is your thing.
LOL - You haven't a clue.

Speaking of Aussie Rules football, are you familiar with Darren Bennett?

He is a former Aussie Rules footballer who played in the NFL as a punter and unequivocally stated that the American game is far more rougher, tougher, more physical and more brutal, and that the athletes are far better.

If anyone would know, it would be him.

Also, an article on the physical toll that NFL football takes on it's participants:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...PG6JNM6MN1.DTL&hw=49ers+25+year&sn=006&sc=270

They were helmets and pads for the same reasons that motorcyclists do, and that is for protection from high speed, high impact, life-threatening collisions.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mr_elor said:
If the majority of the world enjoys football (soccer), surely there's no explanation needed.
The majority of the world is AFC. No explanation needed?

BTW. soccer is good. What else would you expect from a brazilian? LOL

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
LOL - You haven't a clue.

Speaking of Aussie Rules football, are you familiar with Darren Bennett?

He is a former Aussie Rules footballer who played in the NFL as a punter and unequivocally stated that the American game is far more rougher, tougher, more physical and more brutal, and that the athletes are far better.

If anyone would know, it would be him.
Oh then that settles it, its not boring as bat sh!t to watch. :rolleyes: LOL at "brutal". It barely rates above soccer in that department. But some guy who changed codes said it so it must be true.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
Oh then that settles it, its not boring as bat sh!t to watch. :rolleyes: LOL at "brutal". It barely rates above soccer in that department. But some guy who changed codes said it so it must be true.
I suppose you know better than someone who professionally played both sports and who made a living at it?

Again, you haven't a clue.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pointless argument.

I love it. I can see why people wouldn't. We all have different tastes.

Same as arguing who is better looking: blondes or brunettes? Daft argument.