So what's YOUR geek thing?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading in a ton of areas

MP3 Players ( I want everyone they ever made), I like to have flash based players as well as large storage ones.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stormbringer
Heavy metal and hard rock. Hard rock such as KISS, Zeppelin, early Van Halen, Rush, Deep Purple (see my user name:D ), King's X, Scorpions, AC/DC, GnR, UFO, etc., heavy metal bands such as Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Sabbath, Dio, Megadeth, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, etc.., and to a lesser extent, some "hair bands"/pop-metal like Dokken, Ratt, Motley Crue.
That doesn't make you a geek, it merely means that you have EXCELLENT taste in rock. I like old school metal too. to me, new metal sounds like sh!t. Back in the 1980s, they could actually sing and play guitar worth a damn. Also, where is Motorhead, Deff Leppard, and Sammy Hagar in that list? :p

My biggest geek thing is that I love Star Wars and I use Linux on occasion. (my preferred variety of linux is anything Debian-derived, like Knoppix or ubuntu)

padrote

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play Dance Dance Revolution.
I play chess and am good at it.
I just quit World of Warcraft but I spent a lot of time on it.

I'm no dj either so don't do those things :).

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me get in touch with my geeky side!

I've been playing Diablo 1 for over 6 years legitly, read Jarulf's Guide in its full extent several times and had memorised many of the formulas.

Been playing CS over LAN for about 3 years, totally kick-ass and get banned from many servers 'cause I'm so good they think I'm cheating. :D

Study something in psychology almost everyday, and then when in social settings always try to explain everything that happens through something I've heard in psychology... lol.

Go into a couple hacking forums.

A couple of years ago I thought that being nerdy meant being COOL.

There was a time that if you didn't play CS I'd think you were inferior to me.

OH, for maybe a year of my life I literaly LIVED at a Lan House - seriously, I even slept there.

loveprefect

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
geeky

I like world war 2 history...german...nazi...

I collect coca cola cans...

I visit forums like the one you are reading right now...

I collect 12 inch action figures...

I watch America's Next Top Model...:D

loveprefect

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
for the one who PM me

i cant reply your message...it says invalid user name..

anyway it's cool to have a like minded geek who likes ANTM..ha!

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
padrote said:
I play Dance Dance Revolution.
I play chess and am good at it.
I just quit World of Warcraft but I spent a lot of time on it.

I'm no dj either so don't do those things :).
You sound pretty cool if you ask me. You probably aren't creepy like a lot of the folks on here.

For me it is fashion photography. I also love interior design as well as ladies fashion. Pretty gay stuff, but I have given up on trying to balance these loves with more macho pursuits. Even my favorite colors are purple and pink. For the holidays the only thing I asked for was "Le Book". If any of you know what that is then we need to talk :p

P.S. I am not gay. :)

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
shoot if all this stuff is uncool I must be one of the most uncool people here yet I manage to survive and hang out with the 'cool' kids.

I play video games alot
listen to country music
study alot
do up research papers for fun
read up on ancient cultures (big books maybe 800+ pages a book)
collect McD toys (yeah I know)
metal detect during the summer
stamp collect
coin collect
visit this site
and alot of other things

it is all how you handle yourself and don't make a big freaken deal and you will be fine. I made this mistake this year and I'm just getting over it.
Stopped playing video games a lot
still listen to country music
rarely study but LOVE college
yeah, research papers bore me
still read my books
still have my collection but ain't active anymore
metal detecting is fun
coin collection still growing
visiting this site is a blessing and should be treated as such

looks like i changed a bit.

Now I read motivational literature all the time with a library that cost me over $200
DVD collection is up to 200 DVD's which still cost less than my book collection. Sad, I think so.

comic_relief

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Using this board too often when I'm supposed to be studying.

Likewise. Posting on internet message boards is my 'geeky' obsession, but I am in the process of writing, so I'm always looking for subject matter.

That, and I make alot of mix CDs. I have a soundtrack for everything you can think of, including sex. I have several volumes just on that subject alone.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i play video games and watch cartoons lol

iono if thats really geeky. all basketball players do all day is play video games and i dont think theyre considered geeks...but whatever, i like what i like, im still a kid inside

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play chess and have obligations towards a little know site called so suave.

I also have an xbox console, though i dont really call that geeky.

Ill challenge any of you lowly humans to a game of chess.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love chess and have had the honor of playing Lautier, a fellow beauf. I've played thousands upon thousands of games with friends, people in parks, rated players... I also like fencing, and if I know none of my friends are showing up; wine. A good glass of red wine beats beer any day for me.

Even more, when my sister comes to visit me from Paris, we will paint, go bike riding and all sorts off geeky things I dare not mention. I have come to humor the looks I get from women when I turn down sex to go with my sis for a picnic in the park. I do not understand why one would worry of being thought of as a geek, you life belongs to you alone, non? :)

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though this is a three year old thread I'll answer...

I'm a huge lover of videogames and oldschool WWF wrestling.

I've been a huge fan of Bret the Hitman Hart and the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels forever.

I was watching HBK's recent DVD Heartbreak and Triumph before I started posting again tonight in fact.

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
I play classical oboe and trumpet. I compose music in my free time and am majoring in music composition/theory. My ambition is to learn every instrument in the orchestra. I'm a huge music history buff, and I am in love with classical music beyond any words can describe. I'm also a huge jazz fan I've been playing guitar since I was 8, but I only play jazz. All of this means that there's no hope of attracting any women with my guitar playing, but frankly I don't give two ****s about that. I love jazz more than life itself.

Music is more important to me than anything, but I don't listen to the stuff that 98% of young women (or men) listen to regularly... choosing between jazz and classical would be like a parent choosing between two children. Basically I love music to nerd levels, but its all good cause it's what I do.

Oh, I also listen to power metal, read fantasy books, and spend hours of downtime browsing through Google Earth. Good times!

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Physics degree. The chicks go crazy for it and the bartenders and DJs envy me.

MM