So i've officialy landed myself in the dreaded Friend Zone, now what?

ThisGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, like so many people I got LJBF. I know I need to move on and that trying to escape is futile, but how should i continue my relationship with her? I'm looking for a new girl and i've found one or two i might try to get with. I guess i'm too much of a nice guy, but i care about her, I know I'll move on and be with other people, but how should I act toward her?

(You guys have probably heard this a million times, so if you don't feel like posting a full reply you can link me to a similar topic. I would, however, appreciate actual responses.)

Last edited:

ThisGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know, I've read them, and I am going to follow them, but there really isn't much there about acting towards her.

Guess noone feels like helping. :(

Last edited:

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should first of all:

Read the bible, and then do a search.

I did a post a couple of weeks ago about why you shouldn't want to move out of the friends zone. Basically you won't enjoy the relationship.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isolation is the best policy, as President Washington can attest.

Isolate her from her friends, and your friends for ONE night.
Go out with her, as friends. Spend some time with each other, and have FUN. Be enjoyable.

She will grow on you. Perhaps that evening will be the best time to break the ice and warm up.

You will know when. Your instinct will indicate the "moment." It is your decision to "take it to the next level."

"Trust yourself, and everything else will follow." (-Kyle, "Fitch").

ThisGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fitch
Isolate her from her friends, and your friends for ONE night.
Go out with her, as friends. Spend some time with each other, and have FUN. Be enjoyable.

She will grow on you. Perhaps that evening will be the best time to break the ice and warm up.

You will know when. Your instinct will indicate the "moment." It is your decision to "take it to the next level."
So basically just a friend date, mini golf or something. I would assume that this would be used in conjuction with the "6 rules" that were mentioned in an above link. One thing I do not understand, however, is that you say to isolate myself from her, but then to go out? It may be friends-only at first, but it is a date nonetheless. Also, if your advice is to be used in conjuction with the "rules" then at what point in the process would we go?

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Isolate her from her friends"

Make sure it is just you and her. Futhermore: Keep it cool, don't indicate EXTREME interest. Flirting is acceptable. STARING at her will be counterproductive.

I never said ISOLATE yourself FROM HER.

Read above.

I don't follow rules for dating. The only rules I follow is Federal and State law of the United States.

When it comes to dating I follow my instinct. I do what I feel is best. In the beginning I made some mistakes, but I learned. I learned how to interpret signs, and internal feelings. I became very observant, subconciously. That is important. If you THINK about what SHE is thinking about, you won't get far with her.

Silence will kill. Although when your on an actual date, silence is not always bad.

What you should do:

Go out as friends. You will know if she has intrest. If your confused, PM me or make a thread and I will help. If it fails, in your eyes, try again -- if she is worth it.

I speak from experience. I did this before. On my 8th "date," I finally got to her. She even admitted that she was hoping that I would have asked her out two dates ago.

So let this be a reminder, if a girl likes you she won't give up THAT easily. So that being said: Relax, take your time; have fun, and DO NOT be "obsessive," nor AFC.

Instinct is golden. Instinct identifies who an individual is. By following rules, your faking and your emotions and converstions will lack the passion if it truly came from you.

So what if you seem a bit nervous. Girls find it cute that you care.

P.S. Remember though, don't let that surface right away. If you act to attached she may take you in as her BEST FRIEND.
Yes, that also happened to me.

ThisGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose i could try another friends-only date, but I highly doubt anything will change. I hope it can, but i doubt it. Like I said, she told me directly that she "really likes me as a friend, but nothing more."

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Senor Finger: Escaping the friends zone.

Find it, read it. Greatest piece of work ever.

ThisGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Simply an amazing post, I felt a need to bump it. I hope I'll be able to go through with all of this, starting with getting with some other girls. Any tips on #-getting and 1st date ideas would be appreciated at this time. Thanks for all the help so far, I hope I will be able to continue learning the ways of a true DJ!

ThisGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
So yeah, I've met aother girl and i know she's single and we know eachother a little bit (but not nearly enough to get stuck in HER Friend Zone). I think its time to try getting her # and throwing in a little kino. Anyone have any suggestions on how I should go about this?