so I'm at the gym tonight........

trent81

Banned
Reaction score
Last week, I saw this girl I liked, had an opportunity and talked to her, introduced myself and had a brief conversation. It was more of a build up for next time I see her. I usually see her everyday. Yesterday a female friend of my mine came up and started working out with me. She left, I stayed behind. The girl I'm interested in saw this. Today, she walked right past me with her friend, I mean right passed me. I was waiting for her to make I contact with me and I was going to say "Hi Lindsay"........She never even looked at me. Just walked by. At that point, I guess some guys would have went up and said hello, but being 32 yrs old, it kinda made me turned off. So my question is, I'm guessing this is low interest? Or seeing another girl with me yesterday turned her off? Should I just forget about it and try next time? She walked by me as if I didn't exist, and yes, she did see me from way far away, it was a 30 sec walk up to me.

snackwitch

Don Juan
Reaction score
trent81 said:
Last week, I saw this girl I liked, had an opportunity and talked to her, introduced myself and had a brief conversation. It was more of a build up for next time I see her. I usually see her everyday. Yesterday a female friend of my mine came up and started working out with me. She left, I stayed behind. The girl I'm interested in saw this. Today, she walked right past me with her friend, I mean right passed me. I was waiting for her to make I contact with me and I was going to say "Hi Lindsay"........She never even looked at me. Just walked by. At that point, I guess some guys would have went up and said hello, but being 32 yrs old, it kinda made me turned off. So my question is, I'm guessing this is low interest? Or seeing another girl with me yesterday turned her off? Should I just forget about it and try next time? She walked by me as if I didn't exist, and yes, she did see me from way far away, it was a 30 sec walk up to me.
FFrom your description, it sounds like she sees you just as a chat buddy. Also how you approached her, you qualified yourself unnecessarily her in the same way a someone with a crush would, telling her here I am, my name is trent, I am a nice guy but nothing in the way that conveys your sexuality. You already started making fantasy plans with the girl but did not show anything with your actions, what do you expect some girl to fall in love with you after one mild conversation?

Why didnt you propose doing something outside the gym besides trading smiles and fluff talk?

trent81

Banned
Reaction score
Look man, I don't expect her to fall in love with me. I expected her to make eye contact, smile, or even say hello. I was going to ask her to do something tonight. I talked to her for a brief 1 minute last time. I had to go. I said "hey, I see you hear all the time, what's your name? blah blah blah" It was very brief, on the way out.

snackwitch

Don Juan
Reaction score
trent81 said:
Look man, I don't expect her to fall in love with me. I expected her to make eye contact, smile, or even say hello. I was going to ask her to do something tonight. I talked to her for a brief 1 minute last time. I had to go. I said "hey, I see you hear all the time, what's your name? blah blah blah" It was very brief, on the way out.

Dude, I am not saying this in a sarcastic way, if you were offended I apologize.

But reality bites, you have to let go of the ego, that was my point. But the fact is you didn't make enough of an impression on her for to gravitate towards you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
The worst thing you can do to yourself is analyze a woman's interest level...
Amen to that, brother.
You have no idea what she was thinking. Maybe she was lost in thought about something, or in a bad mood, or in a hurry, or upset about something, you never know.
If you want to make a move, you should make it, and not wait for her to make it. Just be prepared to be shot down if she's not interested.