Smothered

heater528

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok ive been dating a girl for almost 3 months now. Last ltr i was in befofe her was 3 years ago... i didnt mind seeing the chick all the time i thought that was normal. Well after being single for 3 years and doing what i want my current girlfriend is pissing me off. Every freakin night that i have off she wants to get together... when i turn her down she calls my freakin cellphone... i hate talking on the phone.. we talk about the same stupid **** over and over.... When im at work i will get text messages from her.. its like im overloaded :down: I mean i like the girl.. shes hot, has a good personality, it just bothers me that i cannot do anything without being bombarded by her. Does anyone have any advice on how to break this trend ? There is a glimer of hope... she is moving about 1 hour away.. so there will not be anymore pop ins... ugghhh i dunno if i can handle relationships anymore :(

Phame

Don Juan
Reaction score
With this kind of "clingy" chick, you need to set boundaries early on in the relationship. I know what your talking about as all my GFs become clingy and want to hang out every day. I would tell her that I need "alone time" and/or time with friends.. let her know in no unclear terms that you are still an individual and that time spent with her is time you choose to set aside for the two of you. Let her know that you place importance on YOUR time and how you CHOOSE to spend it - this will enforce her respect for you and you'll feel less like she's "pushing" you around. Hope that helps..good luck!

Phame