Smoking out flakey women...

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what happened today at work:

Girl and I started chatting at work, and she mentions how I'm no longer going to the cafe across the street (popular hangout for my co-workers) for a drink, like I used to back in the day with her (like 2 weeks ago). I give her a BS excuse, when in reality, I've been seeing someone else in the area, and whenever I clock out, I race over to her apartment for some "attention."

This girl then proceeds to ask me if I wanted to have drinks with her after work, and in a classic power-shift move, I reciprocated the offer and offered to take her somewhere else at the end of the work week. She lights up and immediately says "Yes" (no hesitation).

20 minutes later, she comes by, saying she couldn't give me a definitive answer (when, in fact, she did), knowing firsthand from previous experience how much I detest being stood-up. I told her that I appreciated all of that, but I needed a "Yes" or "No" answer from her. She smiles, looks sideways, and said "Ok, I can't go, so no." I respond with an "I knew you would do that" smirk/look on my face, and tell her that's fine.

So, fellow DJs, did I do this right? Should I have said something more about her unsuccessful flake attempt? More importantly, can you help me determine, based on this little event, her interest level?

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most flakes say "yes" and then don't show up. all you did is make her spit it out, instead of letting her hussle you for next 5 days...

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by spider_007
most flakes say "yes" and then don't show up. all you did is make her spit it out, instead of letting her hussle you for next 5 days...
Right, but she once accused me of being a control freak, and I was wondering if this latest episode possibly amplified that accusation, and by forcing her to give me a straight answer, could I have jeopardized any level of interest she might have in me.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And this particular woman is worth so much effort because????...

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
And this particular woman is worth so much effort because????...
So I should just give up or next her? Persistence shouldn't be a factor in this equation?

Gnr7112

Don Juan
Reaction score
you've got a woman right now, why do you care so much about this girl? Even after her flaking on you.. You were not a control freak, you were just standing up for your self & she didnt like it.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you interested in methods that weed out flakes, check out Anti-Dumps machine.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrotherAP
If you interested in methods that weed out flakes, check out Anti-Dumps machine.
Which particular chapter?

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn to be in control without being a control freak.....you want to lead her not make her a demands slave...if you know what I'm saying.

Good Luck:cool:

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um, you can't smoke out flakes. What you can do is have a backup plan if you don't get a date.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have made a point of telling her how she just broke my heart and will have to make it up to me sometime. The whole time I would have had a smile on my face making her realize I am not the least bit heartbroken and will be just fine without her.

I don't like to burn bridges though