Smoking, how DJ is that?

babsan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a DJ is about self-improvement, but smoking is self-destruction. Being a DJ is about always enjoying yourself. Well, I know what it's like to enjoy smoking. It's not only feeding your addiction.

Smoking seems like a little advantage in the clubbing scene. A lot of HBs smoke while going out (or all the time). Asking for or giving away a smoke or a light is an easy and natural opening.

Would like to read everyone's opinion, but let's respect each other's choices on this matter.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a choice you make... it has nothing to do with being a DJ.

I used to smoke like a chimney but I decided that i hated being a smoker and that my health was more important, so i quit. It was tough but I did it... that doesn't make me any more or less DJ then someone who smokes, though i think the smoker will attract certain types of women that I wouldn't necassarily be interested in; namely, girls that smoke.

Doddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ or not, it'll still kill ya mate

MrNiceGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you wanna smoke, smoke, if not don't, but don't start because you think it'll help you get chicks.

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter either way man, it's not good for you I guess, but it's your choice.

But smoke Mary Jane, cuz she'll take allll your problems away :).

WRX_is_like_SEX

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bad Ass Canadian said:
It's a choice you make... it has nothing to do with being a DJ.
I second that .. . .

There is nothing DJ about it, and I don't think its even a choice you make . . .Quite simply its a nicotice addiction, and has nothing to do with women . . .:box: It is , IMHO, more DJ not to smoke . . .It shows you are more in controll, your breath/clothes are fresh, you feel more cofident, your self esteem rises - and in my experience, girls who smoke, wish they never did - and are quite impressed that you managed to stop easily . . .

Also, you will not be so highly strung, and easier to controll yr temper . . .:trouble: A cigarette will not make a girl be more interesting or attractive . . . So what you waiting for!:cheer:

Monkey D. Luffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, cigarrettes kill, cannabis heals.

LIME!

Don Juan
Reaction score
Smoking signals genetic fitness by self-handicaping. You show your fitness by ingesting poisonous substances while appearing healthy. For the same reason, it is considered "cool" to drink lots of beer while seeming sober. This principle is displayed throughout the animal kingdom. For example, the peacock carries a cumbersome tail that makes it difficult to escape predators. A female knows that only a strong male can carry this tail and survive.

That said, please don't smoke just to attract chicks. I had cancer and I was in so much pain that I couldn't enjoy all the hot nurse spong baths...

Leuven

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't smoke. In clubs people who smoke have a higher succes rate, but I doubt that if you start smoking, that your succes rate will rise.
There are in my experience more jerks or natural seducers who smoke than jerks or natural seducers who doesn't smoke.

Smoking is often a thing to express their status. But beginning to smoke won't help you getting more chicks, at least my opinion.

Besides why should you, it 's expensive, clothes smells like ****, not to mention the breath! It kills you.

Sincerely

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*To start off id just like to say that I agree with all the posts above me.*

Sadly, Ive been a smoker for technically a little over a year and I did notice the effects of smoking has done to me thus far. Constant coughing, occasional short breaths, higher blod pressure, etc but luckily none of which are TOO serious so far.

Ive also noticed the effects of being a smoker has done to me socially. Ive always been known to be the guy that jogged every single morning and always hitting up the gym before class or basically, a health freak. I had a pretty lean and chizzled physique that wasn't too bulky. When I started smoking the chicks that knew me before as the health freak would totally be in shock. They'd stop in their tracks walk up to me and say:

HER: you smoke?!
ME: ...sadly
HER: when did you start smoking?!
ME: frequently...about 8 months ago.
HER:...stop(just stands there and smiles flirtatiously for a good 8-10 seconds)

...it was a pretty mixed signal. Im pretty sure it took them by shock, but after that, they also showed way more IOI's towards me and always leave me with "STOP SMOKING!(walks away smiling flirtatiously). Id also like to add that these chicks are all decent chicks that ive known. Id also like to add that to chicks i havent known for too long, catching me smoking does the same effect but the thing is, they have to catch me in the act...Im not putting a positive word for smoking and all, but being a new smoker ive found that smoking is attractive especially to nice girls.

...regardless, im in the process of quitting.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get out of your little dream world, It wont help you with girls. No girl is going to refuse to date you because you dont smoke, but many girls will not date guys that smoke.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch the Film "Thank You For Smoking". That shows you how smoking is just a self destructive habit that can be con'd into being "cool". Its not. I always carry a lighter on me if a girl needs one but i dont smoke....cigerettes.

I smoke weed as it acctually has an effect on you unlike ciggerettes that just kill you.

I have got laid a few times threw using the "Do you want to go for a joint" as an isolator. Mainly because you cant do it in bars and pubs so have to go more private....

I would never smoke fags......Waste of life.

pooparu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hurrah for marijuana!

And I have to agree, the party and bad girls smoke weed, and alot of the seemingly innocent girls have tried or wanted to try, and they might not like it at first, but when I was strong in my personality and just laughed it off, they got used to it.

Then they ended up asking me where they could smoke.

Now she's telling me that she wants to smoke with me when I get back home.

Mary Jane = win.

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MJ FTW! lol

Smoking sucks the life out of you. Its self destructive, and destructive to others around you.

Randomer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, I've smoked ciggarettes maybe 5 times in my entire life for various reasons (like being drunk or "needing to relax" during extremely stressfull times but I've gotta say, I'm VERY glad that I never got into that disgusting habit, when I smoked I barely even felt a difference! I have no idea why anyone would do it because they actually want to, and just about all the people that I know who do smoke, wish they'd never gotten into it... However MJ is totally different... and I'm actually surprised at how many people here get blazed! :up: Weed is perfectly fine, you just can't let it consume your life/dreams and you'll be FIIINE!!!

GatorBait

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are saying that smoking might increase your chances because there are a lot of chicks who smoke, but I usually don't try to hook up with those chicks anyway because their mouth tastes ashy. :nono:

There have been exceptions though.