skinny to muscles

Hyper2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here started out skinny and put on muscle at the gym?

Does being muscley increase the quality of or attract hotter girls that when your normal size

Hydrak

Don Juan
Reaction score
These are two guys who went from skinny to huge.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd....0x480/549333_440364972698283_1900495013_n.jpg
http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/7/78/Zyzz-Progress2.jpg

Muscles help, but they aren't that important. Lift for yourself and not for girls. Most kids who lift to get a 6 pack to show on the beach will quit after 6 months. Many others will quit because they have no dedication and won't make any progress by doing curls and bench press 6 times a week to look big in a shirt. All these kids lift to attract girls, then when the noobgains are gone they will get mad and quit aswell.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
definitely gives me an advantage with the gym girls :)

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you dont have to be roided like the guys in those pics for women to notice you, if you work out naturally and eat right women will notice just fine

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm starting out at the gym now as a skinny guy, I'm just looking to put on some weight, and I've decided it's for the best if it's good lean muscle weight as opposed to fat. I'm 140 at the moment and looking to add on around 20-30 pounds I think and see how I feel after that. It'll probably take a while, but the trick is to eat more, and then change convert that stuff into your gains.

For attraction, women are traditionally attracted to the guys with big arms and chests, something a skinny guy doesn't have, so surely getting a little bigger could only help in this regard. Although I don't think it necessarily has to be muscles, just ensure you get that V shape.

Gunner

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 230lbs with 19 inch arms...I look like a freak. Women are intimidated by me, I got more women when I weighed only around 190-200lbs. or so.

Hyper2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason I ask is I'm in similar position to Gunner

Aged 29, 154 lb, and 6'2 so look very thin. To boot I look very young/pretty boyish so lots of girls don't think I'm manly enough for them.

It sucks as lots of the girls I attract are between 19 and 25 age range

Tried growing a beard to look older but it looked ridiculous.Fgured iif I bulked out a bit I would look older and more grown up

-Gripz-

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first started I didn't lift for women (still don't now). Girls have been always been attracted to me but having a good amount muscle definitely helped. Sometimes when I go to the gym I see girls with their boyfriends who are much taller than me (I'm only 5'9") and they would stare at me eyes glued. Make sure you wear clothes that's flattering to your physique out of the gym as well (fitted shirts) and you'll do great in the dating scene.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on the type of girl that you want to attract.

A lot of girls ARE attracted to a guy with a good body...but not all.

There are a good number of skinny guys who pull women.

With that being said, I definitely do work out.

yyc12

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say it makes a difference. You know when they look you in the face, then scroll down then back up again, lol. For me, I think it helped with getting an FWB. The thing is, they prefer a "fit" look, which, luckily for you, means you don't have to go overboard with the eating/lifting. I think overall, an attractive face beats everything. If you're good looking in the face, I think you'd do better in the long run (just as long as your body is reasonlably "normal looking", lol.).

Kidquick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been lifting since high school, but it wasn't until seven or eight years ago that I buckled down and got serious. It took me about a year and a half to put on 30lbs of muscle, which put me at 170lbs at 5'8. And yes, I have definitely experienced a difference with regards to women... At 5'8 you need all the help you can get.

BigSmooth

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kidquick said:
I've been lifting since high school, but it wasn't until seven or eight years ago that I buckled down and got serious. It took me about a year and a half to put on 30lbs of muscle, which put me at 170lbs at 5'8. And yes, I have definitely experienced a difference with regards to women... At 5'8 you need all the help you can get.

At around 5'8-5'9 myself, I definitely understand that we need all the help we can get.

However, I've noticed that it's more about attitude and charisma when you're "that short".

Sure muscles do help (I'm athletic looking), but women flock to me more when my fun-loving attitude and irresistible charisma are ON POINT, rather than when I look extra swole or something. I've noticed the same from observing other shorter guys also.

I would say that it goes for shorter guys:

1. Face
2. Attitude & Charisma
3. Build

~ BSmooth

bluejay83

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hyper2010 said:
The reason I ask is I'm in similar position to Gunner

Aged 29, 154 lb, and 6'2 so look very thin. To boot I look very young/pretty boyish so lots of girls don't think I'm manly enough for them.

It sucks as lots of the girls I attract are between 19 and 25 age range

Tried growing a beard to look older but it looked ridiculous.Fgured iif I bulked out a bit I would look older and more grown up
new guy here

lifting for over 1 year, before that I was on a weightloss challenge and lost 60lbs

how can a skinny guy like you get more muscle?

1. eat as much as you can, particularly wholegrains & natural forms of protein.
fat, salt and carbs are irrelevant.. just eat!

2. lift regularly, starting with benchpress, squats & deadlift.
don't worry about isolation excercises.. just start working on the big three.

try get 1gram of protein per 1lb of lean body mass

Yes, being fit & healthy has exponentially increased the quality and quality of my dates.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
depends on what type of girls youre trying to attract, some like muscles and some dont. i felt like i attracted more girls when i was a skinny kid (went from fat ->skinny ->muscular ) but i fell in love with lifting so i dont even care about what women think about it anymore to be honest.

CrispyG

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember that there is a lot of BS giving skinny guys false hope about expectations when it comes to weight lifting. YES you can make huge transformations from skinny to muscle naturally, but it does take time to make clean gains, and it takes a lot of effort.

Women can absolutely be a factor as to why you start training, but it should not be the only factor. This is just one part of making you a more complete man, if anything it will help you become more focused, more hardworking, you will notice yourself becoming more confident and driven -- it is all part of the package of self improvement and working on yourself for YOU. You gotta Patrick Bateman the **** out of it.

but i fell in love with lifting so i dont even care about what women think about it anymore to be honest
True for me also. Become who you want to be, not the guy that the girl you're currently interested in wants in a guy. Not all girls like a lot of muscle on guys, but also they have weird ideas about what 'too big' is or 'too muscly is', you just gotta leave it all in context and become the best person you can be, and people will notice.

Naturally getting girls will be part of that but to truly make good gains you will want to be in it for the full package.

You will be required to eat fairly strictly, getting your nutrition sorted as other posters have mentioned. Keep it simple when you start out, get a good program and eat a lot. When you're really skinny with a fast metabolism you have to be eating all the time. 5-6 meals a day type thing, with good sleep.

Keep in mind the other advantages of being a better built man. Each person has their 'thing'. If you're a weirdly skinny guy with not much dress sense, then people will look at you and probably not think much of you no matter what you are inside. If you pack on some mass, get your dress sorted, you can make an impression on people. Forget specifically girls right now, because attention from people in general, or should I say respect - can help you immensely, even if that respect is built on nothing. It doesn't matter -- it's a way in the door. You can take it from there. If you're a well dress built guy who seems friendly or interesting, you demand some kind of attention that your otherwise way too skinny self might not get. And girls pick up on this. Guys pick up on this. People will want to be around you, your social status will increase. This is not to say you have to be built, but it is one way to get to this type of level.

Again though, this is not a get in the gym, do some bad form curls for 6 months and get ripped type of deal. You have to spend the time transforming your lifestyle to make it worthwhile, and it absolutely will be if you let it.

Hydrak

Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing is, just like most guys I started lifting for chicks. Now I do it to get as huge as possible, in 2 years I'll start hitting the gear with testo/tren and will try to hit 260 lbs 7% BF<. Barely any girl will like it, but I just want to get as juicy as I can.
As a nattylifter all your gains will stop after a while, most kids get noobgains and gain 15 pounds muscles the first year and they get all excited thinking they will look like Arnold in 1-2 years. It just goes slower and slower and then it will stop. :rolleyes:

Just some tips: If you have an athletic build, wear slimfit on all your clothes to show off the V-taper. There's no point wearing XL-shirts if you are 160 pounds, you will look malnourished. If you have a hard time increasing your appetite, try to drink as much water as possible in between meals and ALWAYS chew gum after each meal to speed up the digestion. Chewing gum has been a lifesaver when I bulk up.

Dom1noe

Don Juan
Reaction score
In recent months I got from 150 lbs to 180 lbs at 5'11. I think it was more like canceling a disqualifier than anything else. Rather than hoping to get attraction based on looks, I do it because I'd like my testosterone to get higher. I am far from shredded still. I will get to some 200 lbs and stop there.

The summer is yet to come so I am still waiting for the possibilities to observe the effects.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dom1noe said:
I will get to some 200 lbs and stop there.

I dont believe you. - Thats what i said in the beginning too. :D

Still, 150 - 180, thats a great change. well done so far.