Silly Question - For people that had a LTR

Pierce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But I need answers.

Please do not mock me but I want to hear from the people in serious relationships over 1 year +. Have any of you been with a girl for over a year. Been engaged and the girl still does immature things such as mock you when she sees that I'm upset? What do I do? Ignore it..... or tell her to don't do it to me?

I have been in a serious relationship with a girl that I met my Sophomore year in college. We have been through ups and downs but it seems like we arguing every other day over little things.

Whenever we get in an argument I am ALWAYS the one to apologize.... yet I never get an apology from her... VERY RARELY......

Like she will do something wrong that pisses me off and won't apologize yet when I do the same thing and refuse to apologize she throws tantrums.... Won't talk to me... Just gets on her phone. (The 240$ phone that I bought her)

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I am not in an LTR.

But even Blind Freddie can tell you that this is a b/s situation.

Why the hell are you engaged to her?

If she is like this now, just imagine what she would be like when you get married:

- mocks you when upset
- arguing over little things (like taco seasoning mix if i remember rightly)
- won't apologize
- already getting you to spend money on her

Mate, it is up to you to make your own decisions, but if you came on here hoping to get reassurance that all of that is part of a healthy LTR, then I think you will be disappointed.

I also bet the s*x is drying up as well. (?)

The only choice I can see is for you to stand up for yourself, and also start seeing other woman. Make her earn your respect.

JLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is not normal. She is being disrespectful towards you and you know it. Dump her before it's too late.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you know you don't deserve this. I just got out of a 6 year relationship that lasted an extra 7 months because I was too nervous to end it. It's hard as hell, but I know you know deep down it has to be done. In time, you will feel so good about the decision.

Pierce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well today I will read the DJ Bible once again. I Definately need it.

jawbreaker73

Don Juan
Reaction score
never argue with gals..they dont accept logic..ive learnt this the hard way..never back down from your positions..she throws tantrums coz she knows you would back down & its working..so next time she throws tantrums dont back down or apologize and change subject or end the conversation..she'll eventually get tht her method of throwing tantrums isnt showing results & will quit doing tht

if she doesnt apologizes when she is wrong..then dont demand it from her..just let your actions do the talking..talk to her like you're least interested & bored..ignore her plans for going out together..eventually she'll understand tht her behaviour have consequences..the point is dont reward bad behavior..it just invites more bad behavior

GameTime76

Don Juan
Reaction score
Harsh trurth is you gotta let some girls go. I was in a 3 year relationship long ago... it ended, I didnt contact her, she didnt contact me and I moved on. At first I didnt want it to happend. Now, looking back it was one of the best momemts in my life.

Pierce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the advice that i shouldnt back down and i also shouldnt try to makerher apologize. im not going to discuss what happened to her yesterday. im just going to act cold and lets see where this goes.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She pulls this sh!t because you let her. Ideally, you would stop this kind of crap early in the relationship because, as you're finding out, it gets worse and worse.

If you are the one to apologize and give her attention, you are rewarding her for bad behaviour. Every time she wants attention or is bored, she will pull this sh!t and she knows you'll try to make it up to her...even though you've nothing to make up for.

The way you overcome this now is by making it clear you will not stand for it any more. That involves more than just words. When she behaves like this, ignore her calls, put some distance between you and her, cancel a date or two and act as if you're going off her for a while. You have to show her you have a backbone and that you are willing to walk away.

If you keep going back and temporarily sorting things out, she will see you as weak and will keep it up.

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pierce said:
Like she will do something wrong that pisses me off and won't apologize yet when I do the same thing and refuse to apologize she throws tantrums.... Won't talk to me... Just gets on her phone. (The 240$ phone that I bought her)

WOW

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in a 2 yr+ relationship and I don't buy her anything, we never fight, and we have sex multiple times a day if our schedules allow (we're both busy people though). You have a problem, man. You're engaged and this **** is going on? WTF?

NoCommitments

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in a relationship for 6+ years. She bought me anything I wanted, took me out, payed for concerts, movies etc..I would pay too but she knew her place...YOU KNOW WHY??? because I didn't take any of her baby sh*t!!! She would wine & I would ignore her. She would beg & I would say "you sound pathetic. Act like a woman cause I can't be with a little girl"

Of course my relationship ended in disaster! And go figure, I was the one hurt...Still trying to get over her.. so take it from me dude .. if you guys don't have common ground & mutual respect, you're relationship is doomed!!!

Don't take her bullsh*t!!!

Is this the same chick from the thread that Tiguere called you out on??? I hope not! cause than he's right youre a troll & ur not listening!!!!

Youre gonna write in here on day "Guys you were so right"!

DropZone3

Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't right my friend.
You have to stand your ground or things are only going downhill from here.

The Assistant

Banned
Reaction score
this is you -

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1603326

Tell your single mom I said hi.

Now listen to me and listen to me very carefully. Despite my harsh tone and loose talk about fvcking women and playing them, I myself actually am in a LTR of 3 years or so (I just did all the fvcking women and playing them for years before that).

My girl almost NEVER talks down to me or mocks me, unless we are both joking around, and if she ever did (she made that mistake a couple of times), I went cold on her with the silent treatment until I had her begging to accept her apology - that's how you train them, and teach them that ONLY respect will be tolerated.

From all the issues and questions you have posted, along with the inexperience with women you have in general, I will tell you this - YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU WANT OR NEED, and you WILL learn the hard way because that's just what all of us 20 yr old pvssies do - we don't listen to advice, and learn the hard way.

My BEST advice is, completely DUMP her with no reason why, because at this point, you aren't even getting any sex from her....so what is her goddamn use to you??

Uberguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Assistant said:
My girl almost NEVER talks down to me or mocks me, unless we are both joking around, and if she ever did (she made that mistake a couple of times), I went cold on her with the silent treatment until I had her begging to accept her apology - that's how you train them, and teach them that ONLY respect will be tolerated.

My BEST advice is, completely DUMP her with no reason why, because at this point, you aren't even getting any sex from her....so what is her goddamn use to you??
This thread should be closed here, because The Assistant has said everything that the OP needs to know.