Shoulders

XxGodJrxX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, here's a quick question. I've recently been doing this split.

Tuesday or Wednesday - Legs

Friday - Chest and Back

Sunday -Arms and Shoulders

So far I've been making some pretty good gains, a lot better than when I was doing the traditional back-bicep, chest-triceps, split.

The problem is that doing chest and then doing shoulders a few days later means that I still have a relatively worn out shoulder and can't really gain on shoulder presses. Would anybody recommend doing shoulder presses on chest-back day and the raises on Arm day?

-Freddie

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No I would not recommend doing that.

Assuming you are doing a three day split with legs on one day, anyway you work it something is going to be tired.

You seem to know what you are talking about in general so just play around with it and do what works. When you are making gains milk that cow until it is dry then switch it up.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could do

Legs & shoulders

Back & Tris

Chest & Bis

That'll keep your arms from being too tired (they'll recover quick). The only tough part is getting the motivation to do shoulders after legs.

XxGodJrxX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to do shoulders after legs, or at least tried to. After destroying my legs and calves for 45 minutes, I would slack off on the shoulders. I used to just have another day for shoulders, but with my current school schedule, that isn't an option anymore. School is also the reason that I don't put legs in between chest-back and arms-shoulders. Few people at the crowded university gym do squats during the week or go to the gym on fri-sun.

I'll most likely just keep doing shoulder presses on sunday, the chances of slacking on shoulders after doing chest and back are pretty high I think.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do shoulders first and arms a very secordary.

You could also play around with interchanging shoulders and chest routines on a particular day.

Personally I'd rejig my routine to super set back with both shoulders and chest, but alternate one having more emphasis than the other.