Should you respond to a 'thank you for a great date last night text'?

pete101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes dates do go well :D and you get a thank you message/text the next day.

Should you respond? If so when and with saying what?

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thechallenger said:
i dont understand why men text isnt that for girls
read his post smartass.

but anyways,just bro dont over analyze.If you do or do not respond,it wont make a difference to how she perceives you.

Dont think because your going all so suave on her that she is going to be judging your every move.Just say "Yeah no problem cya laterrr" and end it at that

L.A. Tripp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, don't overanalyze it. That's one of our major problems, us guys in this community, overanalyzing everything.

thechallenger, what do you do if a girl texts you since it's just for girls? Just ignore her every single time? That will sure build attraction, lol.

I text all the time. Girls tend to love it, and when you have more than one going at a time, it sure makes things easier instead of having the phone glued to your ear all day talking to a dozen different girls.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Daddy The Pimp said:
" I had great time too . Ill call you again :D "
^There you go. That's a perfect response.

You SHOULD respond. She was considerate enough to thank you and it would be rude to ignore her.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thechallenger said:
i dont understand why men text isnt that for girls
I wasn't aware we were assigning gender roles to forms of communication.

jmchavz

Don Juan
Reaction score
:trouble:
L.A. Tripp said:
I agree with #41.  Why is this such a bad thing to you guys?  Why is texting so . . . wussy to you?
:eek: It´s wussy and AFC if a dude initiates texting.... thats why we ask for the phone number to call and make her part of your plans. Remember, the phone and texting are NOT for getting to know her more.... :trouble:

Let her text you first, then make your move, and lead her. :rockon:

L.A. Tripp

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, wow, you guys are really something here.

I guess that means all of the pick ups I've had, including the one last night, really mean nothing?

I guess that also means the two girls that were texting back and forth with me constantly yesterday while I made these posts, don't know the rules that are spoke of here . . .

LOL, is this a limited mindset? Kind of like the "don't call for 3 days" belief?

Cool, I see where you guys stand . . .

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with texting as long as it is used in moderation. As a matter of fact, I had to get on this woman's ass about texting me Novels. Not only was it taking away from my texts per month, it was quite painful trying to piece her texts together since they would come in several because of their length.

It seems to work for me to text some, but not all the time. Just like answering their texts. I always try to stop before they do.

Some women use that text crap to play games with so judge accordingly whether or not you want to have a conversation via text or not. Also keep in mind sometimes it is hard to ascertain what the texter is feeling/ saying. Hard to tell tone and there has been plenty of disagreements and fights because of this.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoldMySoul said:
It seems to work for me to text some, but not all the time. Just like answering their texts. I always try to stop before they do.
^truth. there is nothing wrong with texting. in fact, some women would consider you out of touch if you didn't send texts.

just be careful about sending an overabundance of pointless texts or replying promptly to EVERY message she sends you. other than those critical mistakes, sending texts is perfectly kosher. if you're smart, you can use texts to increase interest. just use good judgment.

don't believe me? my sister's fiance sends her texts. tell HIM that texts are for AFCs.

L.A. Tripp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to see there's a concensus from the other side as well ;)

guywhoneedshelp, do you mean Tripp himself or who is hosting the website?

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet those against texting in this thread are probably doing it all wrong. It's only wrong when you put the time to put smiley faces, text them good night and good morning, or text for the sake of texting.

Daddy The Pimp said:
" I had great time too . Ill call you again :D "
That's perfect, the only thing I'll change is the grin. I find it very corny when men put smiley faces in their texts.

SoldMySoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
War Against Betaism said:
I bet those against texting in this thread are probably doing it all wrong. It's only wrong when you put the time to put smiley faces, text them good night and good morning, or text for the sake of texting.

That's perfect, the only thing I'll change is the grin. I find it very corny when men put smiley faces in their texts.
My young DJ, what may be corny to you may be loved by the fairer sex. Looks better to send a face that an entire novel to some woman you barely know. It all depends on how you carry yourself altogether is what matters most.

Metaphysical

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends what kind of a guy you are. I am very seductive with my words and I enjoy making women lose themselves in my words... so personally, I would say something smoother than that, something along the lines of:

"I enjoyed seeing you too Sarah. Speaking with you was quite refreshing, but what really captured me was the way you described... XYZ... It's amazing how fast time flies in our conversation... I could feel a connection growing. I can't wait to embrace you again and taste your lips so we can savour that moment of passion again."

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Metaphysical said:
Depends what kind of a guy you are. I am very seductive with my words and I enjoy making women lose themselves in my words... so personally, I would say something smoother than that, something along the lines of:

"I enjoyed seeing you too Sarah. Speaking with you was quite refreshing, but what really captured me was the way you described... XYZ... It's amazing how fast time flies in our conversation... I could feel a connection growing. I can't wait to embrace you again and taste your lips so we can savour that moment of passion again."
Unless she is exceedingly attracted to you, I don't see that working in this day and age. It sounds very dated and over the top, also pretty corny.

Plus, saying that via text cheapens it. Anyone can type out something romantic. Being able to vocally speak romantically without nerves is what separates the men from the boys.

L.A. Tripp

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are good and bad things about texting, but overall, today, texting is a big part of picking up girls/women. I know of several guys myself that had trouble getting women to talk to them after number closing. They wouldn't answer the phone. Yet, once they actually started texting them, on my strong suggestion, the girls eagerly responded, and even got back together with them. The power of texting today is undeniable, and for those that want to say it's wussy or just for boys or stupid or cheap or whatever other excuse you want to use (you can come up with a million excuses, but any excuse is as useless as another) you just don't realize what all you COULD be doing.

That 10 you just number closed . . . she may shut you out, simply because you don't text. I've seen it happen.

Oh well, have all the negative thoughts about texting you want, just don't get jealous when those of us that do text are closing 9's and 10's everywhere, setting up FB's, MLTR's, and whatever else because we're open to today's "normal" communication methods.

I have to admit, though, on this text shown above, I think it's almost AFC to say that, although if it's congruent with your personality then sure I could see it working. My personality isn't such a strong romantic type, more of a bad boy, so that wouldn't fit with me. Of course, I can text the girl what I would do to her, in detail, and get her engine racing so that she's ready to jump me when I see her.